Author Topic: Perk the P-38J in the Mid-War Arena  (Read 7763 times)

Offline Allen Rune

• Copper Member
Re: Perk the P-38J in the Mid-War Arena
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2009, 09:54:51 PM »
 :rofl :rofl :rofl

This thread should be stickied and re-named "Perspective of a 'gamer.'"

What makes you think a guy wouldn't want to spend 15 years with the great fun and people of AH?

What makes you think the guy has to be cheating just because he beat you? Ever think that if you tried learning how he does it you could do it too?

Players that are getting preferential treatment like the gunsight shows? And how is that? Did you know you can use that gunsight for yourself right from that picture? Go to C:/Program files/HTC/Aces High II/sights and just put it in there. Then you can select that sight from the preferences menu in game.

There's just one last point I'd like to make:

INB4DALOCK
The Screwed One

"And so it begins, may it never end."

Offline ODBAL

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2009, 09:59:00 PM »
W

T

F.?

Get it INto your head, budd. The SAPP guys are not freakin' gods.

Oh, now that is just not true.
ODBAL

39th FS "Cobra in the Clouds"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Armed & Lubricated)

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2009, 10:10:03 PM »
To the OP... sounds like you're getting OWNED by some real vets. 

While I'm here, I would like to thank HTC and staff for enabling the bombsight in the MA for us fellow SAPPers

Tours 86 - 296

Offline stickpig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2009, 10:16:23 PM »
Can't tell if this a joke or not.
If its a joke then well its not funny.

Ifs it not then your just trying to fight the 38 on its terms.
get co-alt with it and take away the alt advantage.

Those 38 drivers you are talking about must laugh thier heads off watching guys try to climb to them just to stall and flop over.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 10:19:29 PM by stickpig »
Theyll only give you one chance, Better get it right first time. And the game youre playing
If you lose you gotta pay, If you make just one wrong move Youll get blown away
Expect no mercy  <Nazareth>

"Stay in the manned ack... When your in a plane you are a danger to the ground"  <Norad>

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2009, 10:19:46 PM »
that has to be the sadest thing i have seen typed into this forum since i have been playing!!!! and believe me i have typed some pretty sad stuff in here :huh
  a p-38 is the best killer in mid, sounds to me like someone does not understand S.A.
 granted a 38 is high over your projected target, you should use caution, but to say the p-38 is an uber killer is almost as insane as saying the a-20 should have single handily won the war :noid :noid :noid
( something i related to quite some time back)
 think about what you posted, they travel in pairs, they will kill you if you don't do the same!!
 go against a piar of hurri's that work together as well as the sapp guy's and see what happens :aok
 o well it was just for fun that i posted here tonight ,, trying to eat some bbq!!
good luck with all that uber lightning stuff

o and hey batt <<S>>

hook, line, and sinker
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline stickpig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2009, 10:21:09 PM »
LOL type in (a) (dollar sign) (dollar sign)  
The language bot changes it LOL
Theyll only give you one chance, Better get it right first time. And the game youre playing
If you lose you gotta pay, If you make just one wrong move Youll get blown away
Expect no mercy  <Nazareth>

"Stay in the manned ack... When your in a plane you are a danger to the ground"  <Norad>

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
      • http://grupul7vanatoare.homestead.com/Startpage.html
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2009, 10:37:08 PM »
To the OP... sounds like you're getting OWNED by some real vets. 

While I'm here, I would like to thank HTC and staff for enabling the bombsight in the MA for us fellow SAPPers

(Image removed from quote.)

Its just a holdover until we get the droopsnoot in the next update. Don't get used to it.
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline Big Rat

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2009, 10:39:34 PM »
This is funny :rofl.  The p-38J is far from uber, there's just a lot of good 38 sticks in midwar.  That's the simple fact.  I know most of them and most know me, I've won some I lost some against them.  Do I fear them, no, do I respect them, yes.  Perking the 38j seems silly, it's got it's weak spots like any plane in midwar.  It fights great in the verticle, but it turns mediocre, climbs well, good accleraton and top speed, but also a big target.  I'll stick to my F4u-1's and my 109 G2's in midwar, yea they have their flaws too but I try to avoid others taking advantage of them.

:salute
BigRat
When you think the fight might be going bad, it already has.
Becoming one with the Hog, is to become one with Greatness, VF-17 XO & training officer BigRat

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
      • http://grupul7vanatoare.homestead.com/Startpage.html
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2009, 10:49:27 PM »
Hey ISpy, we hacked your webcam. Get a life d00d.

Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2009, 10:51:53 PM »
The P-38 fails to lead the pack in any single performance category, even in mid-war. It is a Swiss army knife and there are simply many skilled pilots who can seamlessly switch between the corkscrew and the nail-file when needed...

I did a few quick chart comparisons. It turns out the only plane that potentially needs perking in MW is the La-5FN, being as about as fast or faster than the nearest unperked British, American, and German birds in speed (Mosquito, P-51B, 109G2) at the typical low-levels and having a smaller turn radius than all of these rivals to boot. More lethality than everything except the Mossie as well. The La-5fn badly out-does the P-38J in every category until nose-bleed alts.

So if one is looking for an MW uber-plane to pick on, it is not the 38J. Heck, you should perk the 109G2 before you perk the P-38J.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 10:54:54 PM by BnZs »
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2009, 10:52:39 PM »
No one ever complains about the 38G.  I must be doing something wrong :(
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2009, 11:01:58 PM »
I'm sure if we switched to the G, we'd have the girls in the MW arena crying to perk it within a week.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2009, 11:04:44 PM »
The La-5fn badly out-does the P-38J in every category until nose-bleed alts.

Only real thing it has is speed as its main advantage over the P-38, it won't beat it in the vertical and when speeds get low, the P-38 will out turn it.

ack-ack

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2009, 11:09:18 PM »
gee that looks like the conversation a couple guys had yesterday on 200.these guys in midwar that flys the 38s been flying the plane for over 10 years .me personally i like fighting them. film and learn.i've been flying it for about a month now and still not getting any easier .but i have found it's 1 hellava bomber killer

Yeah, Shuffler and I were having a discussion along this sort of line with some guy on the Knights side that didn't seem to like P-38s and took exception with us flying exclusively.  IIRC, he even made the comment about us SAPP members being able to make consistant one shot kills in a vertical zoom climb from d1.2 out.  Guess after he found the gun sight, he's probably using it too.  Hope he figures out to raise the gunsight so his view isn't obstructed by "Shoot Here". LOL

ack-ack

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2009, 11:54:11 PM »
Just in the p38's defence:
It is somewhat difficult to fly (only in AH 3 months now so most stuff is difficult)
I have flown 1 v 1 against akak and it was a good fight against my spit V lasted quite some time till I made a fatal error and akak nailed me. Its his experience not the p38. Just Imagine a squad of la5 pilots with that experience :O
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.