Author Topic: Finally DONE  (Read 1806 times)

Offline DJ111

• Silver Member
Re: Finally DONE
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2009, 12:17:56 PM »
SOI is the School of infantry, it has 2 training battalions = MCT Bn is Marine Combat Training Battalion (POG's - non-infantry) and ITB is Infantry Training Battalion (03xx's).

There are other training battalions at SOI like LAV (0313), MART (0321) and at least one more that I can't remember, but MCT Bn and ITB are the only two Boots would go to at SOI...
Retired CO of the ancient **Flying Monkeys** CT squadron.

Offline Selino631

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2009, 12:39:06 PM »
??

You finished basic training without having a assigned MOS?
He is a U.S. Army Infantrymen, he went to Fort Benning, Georiga. It says that in his singnature. When he said he finished Basic he ment he finished OSUT (One Station Unit Training) BCT/AIT combinded in one.
OEF 11-12

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2009, 12:55:06 PM »
thanks for your service and good luck sir <S>

youngest is now at Lackland AFB in the middle of his 5th week of basic..
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline 68Hawk

• Silver Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2009, 08:11:22 AM »
Welcome to the Infantry!

Remember that there's two MOS's in the Army, Infantry and Infantry Support!

Also know that OSUT can never really prepare you the way it should.  Infantry training is largely on the job.  You'll learn a lot at your unit.  Aside from general knowledge, every unit has different TTP.  Learn as much as you can and expect to take a lot of crap for the first couple months.  At least you don't have to deploy directly to a combat zone.  I can speak from experience that jumping right there sucks!  It's way better to be able to get to know your job and the people you're working with before you're getting shot at. 

I also hear many good things about being stationed in Korea.  You'll have a blast, especially if you're single.  Let me know if there's anything I can do for you, or any questions I can answer.

Why is the sky blue?  Because God loves the Infantry!

P.S.  Oh yeah, and thank your lucky stars you're not stationed at Ft. Polk!
68th Lightning Lancers
Fear the reaper no more fear the Lancers!
http://www.68thlightninglancers.net

Offline Airborne

• Zinc Member
      • The Wrecking Crew
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2009, 08:25:14 AM »
Welcome to the Infantry!

Remember that there's two MOS's in the Army, Infantry and Infantry Support!

Also know that OSUT can never really prepare you the way it should.  Infantry training is largely on the job.  You'll learn a lot at your unit.  Aside from general knowledge, every unit has different TTP.  Learn as much as you can and expect to take a lot of crap for the first couple months.  At least you don't have to deploy directly to a combat zone.  I can speak from experience that jumping right there sucks!  It's way better to be able to get to know your job and the people you're working with before you're getting shot at. 

I also hear many good things about being stationed in Korea.  You'll have a blast, especially if you're single.  Let me know if there's anything I can do for you, or any questions I can answer.

Why is the sky blue?  Because God loves the Infantry!

P.S.  Oh yeah, and thank your lucky stars you're not stationed at Ft. Polk!

Pfffffffffffftttttttttt.  As a former Infantryman of 6 years, and now an FO (Fister) I can tell you that 11B is "okay" but 13F is where its at :) All the fun of being an 11B, more individual intelligence needed; Its great.  As a leader its nice because lately we have been getting top notch troopers too.  The bang side of the house in my company has been getting some real doozies.

Anyways, the intent of the post was to tell the OP to be sure and learn what he could before he left Korea, he's getting a rare oppertunity to get some time at a non deployable unit to train... Some of our new guys are getting a few WEEKS at our unit before we deploy. 

Oh, and if a FISTER tries to teach you CCA, CAS, CFF, etc.,, learn it.. Broaden your knowledge, as it may come in handy.

Offline 68Hawk

• Silver Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2009, 08:34:37 AM »

Oh, and if a FISTER tries to teach you CCA, CAS, CFF, etc.,, learn it.. Broaden your knowledge, as it may come in handy.

Excellent advise.  Learn from your medics too.  Learn your job and the job of the person above you. 
68th Lightning Lancers
Fear the reaper no more fear the Lancers!
http://www.68thlightninglancers.net