Author Topic: WWIIOL ? Anyone tried this game ?  (Read 3181 times)

Offline Tango

• Silver Member
      • http://www.simpilots.org/
Re: WWIIOL ? Anyone tried this game ?
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2009, 03:29:18 PM »
Ohh yea and i do concur, that one particular company dude seriously is in a wrong position at customer front, they should sack him asap and alot of players would possibly return :D

I didn't care for Doc either.
Tango78
78th Razorbacks
Historical Air Combat Group

Online Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2009, 07:28:14 PM »
At the end of my time there, I was so bored and burnt out on that game that I would purposely waste equipment for my own enjoyment, especially in brussels

Land transposts on the roofs
Drive Beddys' up the stairs and try to get them in impossible situations
Take equipment and go muddin in the rivers

Anything to piss off the other players

Oh yeah, quality game code shown here :)

See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Tango

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2009, 09:15:51 PM »
But I bet you never pissed off people as bad as the guy that would get all the infantry guys to load up in his Opel and make the LONG drive [that was before mobile spawns] to Dinant and drive off the cliff with them. NOW THAT WAS GOOD.
Tango78
78th Razorbacks

Online Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2009, 10:03:28 PM »
 :rofl :rofl
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2009, 10:18:42 PM »
At the end of my time there, I was so bored and burnt out on that game that I would purposely waste equipment for my own enjoyment, especially in brussels

Land transposts on the roofs
Drive Beddys' up the stairs and try to get them in impossible situations
Take equipment and go muddin in the rivers

Anything to piss off the other players

That's a real nice attitude.  I bet you bomb fighter hangars and Lancstuka carriers in AH?  To those that haven't played the game, the equipment is limited, so it is like deliberately crashing all the Spitfires, 262s and Tempests so that no one can use them.

WWIIOL is an amazing ground warfare sim, it is to ground war what AH is to the air war and vice versa.   The tanks are a lot of fun... it is so frustrating though, i went through stages of loving it and despising it.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 10:20:56 PM by Furball »
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2009, 10:21:33 PM »
But I bet you never pissed off people as bad as the guy that would get all the infantry guys to load up in his Opel and make the LONG drive [that was before mobile spawns] to Dinant and drive off the cliff with them. NOW THAT WAS GOOD.
:rofl

That is funny.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Online Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2009, 10:25:55 PM »
That's a real nice attitude.  I bet you bomb fighter hangars and Lancstuka carriers in AH?  To those that haven't played the game, the equipment is limited, so it is like deliberately crashing all the Spitfires, 262s and Tempests so that no one can use them.

WWIIOL is an amazing ground warfare sim, it is to ground war what AH is to the air war and vice versa.   The tanks are a lot of fun... it is so frustrating though, i went through stages of loving it and despising it.

Never lancstuka'd a carrier before, but I have took a 110 in to kill FH's during a vulchfest

Makes for great crying on range channel

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2009, 10:29:00 PM »
Never lancstuka'd a carrier before, but I have took a 110 in to kill FH's during a vulchfest

Makes for great crying on range channel

Best is the drone on the runway with a gunner trick, couple of people in BKs did it and filmed it once, not sure if it still works  :devil
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Tango

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2009, 10:29:14 PM »

Only thing that did in the tank game was putting in sappers with sticky satchel charges. They now kill more tanks than enemy tanks do.

Of course Mobile spawning and AOs also did alot to kill the game off for alot of players.
Tango78
78th Razorbacks

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2009, 10:30:48 PM »
Only thing that did in the tank game was putting in sappers with sticky satchel charges. They now kill more tanks than enemy tanks do.

Of course Mobile spawning and AOs also did alot to kill the game off for alot of players.

Think all that was just coming in when i left.  Is Manx still over there playing do you know?
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline DJ111

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2009, 10:39:59 PM »
It was a fun game for infantry.

But sucked when the guy steering the ships didn't know what the hell he was doing.... Furball
Retired CO of the ancient **Flying Monkeys** CT squadron.

Online Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2009, 10:49:01 PM »

Not too long after AO's had to be issued for an attack was when I was getting tired of it.

Cant say how many times it was when we just had one CP left to take and had the last one capped and the meter running, then the AO gets pulled and becomes uncapturable again

Offline Tango

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2009, 12:28:16 AM »
Is Manx still over there playing do you know?

Not sure. I'll have to ask Kten.
Tango78
78th Razorbacks

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2009, 12:28:50 AM »

Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2009, 12:30:40 AM »
Think all that was just coming in when i left.  Is Manx still over there playing do you know?

Manx and his crew are playing Eve Online I believe.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.