Author Topic: WWIIOL ? Anyone tried this game ?  (Read 3179 times)

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Re: WWIIOL ? Anyone tried this game ?
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2009, 06:56:16 PM »
No, nailed by things not visible because of the draw limit.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Tr1gg22

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2009, 07:36:13 PM »
I do not think it works the way u think it does....If the so called draw limit kicks in it kicks out the furthest threat which is the threat that u can not see in the first place... there is no draw limit if u are maxed out to my knowledge.. U simply will lag if ur pc can not hang...I really do not see any problems with the so called draw limit and I have been playing since feb 2007... Yep I been killed and did not see what got me but I am sure if a guy took a head shot he wouldn't see anything either :aok I really do not have this problem u are talking about...There is an option were u can turn down the view player limit but I run a hot pc and have everything maxed out...
"CO" of the Wobblin Gobblins...

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2009, 07:42:32 PM »
Cell phone speak should be banned in the forums........
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Tr1gg22

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2009, 07:50:55 PM »
U should email HTC on the matter :noid

Offline DJ111

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2009, 07:51:55 PM »

I'm starting to get used to it...

Scary.  :O
Retired CO of the ancient **Flying Monkeys** CT squadron.

Offline Tango

• Silver Member
      • http://www.simpilots.org/
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2009, 08:06:30 PM »
forums are not locked u just have to be a paying member :O Aces high is so much more shallow than ww2 online :lol If a guy likes easy mode then yes aces is the game u want :salute

Yes they are locked UNLESS you pay. They simply don't want new customers to see all the complaints in the forums.

WW2OL is a shadow of what it was 4 or 5 years ago after 1.30. Once they started catering to the "Quake" crowd wanting instant infantry battles it went down hill. All you have to do now is get one truck past the defenses and EVERYONE can spawn into the town instead of having to fight thier way in. That sounds more like "easy mode" to me.
Tango78
78th Razorbacks
Historical Air Combat Group

Offline Tr1gg22

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2009, 08:16:53 PM »
Yes they are locked UNLESS you pay. They simply don't want new customers to see all the complaints in the forums.

WW2OL is a shadow of what it was 4 or 5 years ago after 1.30. Once they started catering to the "Quake" crowd wanting instant infantry battles it went down hill. All you have to do now is get one truck past the defenses and EVERYONE can spawn into the town instead of having to fight thier way in. That sounds more like "easy mode" to me.
U are way off on ur opinion... LOL  If u get a truck inside the defenses most likely it will be dead within seconds... At best u can hide one a few k out of a town and spawn from there.. Those usually get found also... U must be thinking of some other game :aok Because the one u played and the one I been playing for 2 years sound a bit different... I would like to see u sneak one msp in and win the day :rofl

Offline Tr1gg22

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2009, 08:22:39 PM »
By the way there is a limit... 64,96 or 128 depending on ur setting...U have never seen 128 players at one time on ur screen in aces high... Heck thats almost half of the player base on a good night in one arena.... That is 128 peeps that u are looking at at one time think about it :salute 128 players in 1 direction. 128 players if u look to the right left behind u or above..

Offline Tr1gg22

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2009, 08:47:29 PM »
I'm not sure what the default setting for visible player limit, but it is adjustable to enhance performance on your end. I know you can see up to 128 units at a time. Unfortunately there may be hundreds of units fighting in the same area and that would bog down most computers.

The game "biases" what you see according to what unit type you are. For example, as an anti air gunner, enemy aircraft receive high priority and friendly aircraft low priority on your "visible" list. Friendly units and those low on your priority list are the first to disappear.

Ok this is the answer on how the player limit works... This is the reply I got back from the CRS forums... I was wondering also :salute Either or, if u are curious on how the game is u should check it out... I played aces for 3 years and ww2 online for 2 years and I enjoy ww2 much better...Thats just me :salute

Offline Tango

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2009, 09:53:33 PM »
U are way off on ur opinion... LOL  If u get a truck inside the defenses most likely it will be dead within seconds... At best u can hide one a few k out of a town and spawn from there.. Those usually get found also... U must be thinking of some other game :aok Because the one u played and the one I been playing for 2 years sound a bit different... I would like to see u sneak one msp in and win the day :rofl

Its the same game. Like I said I and my squad played it for about 5 years until we got sick of the Rats screwing up the game.

Mobile spawns can set up In town or outside and have a WHOLE army of infantry spawning in. It was far more fun when both sides had to use teamwork to get a truck loaded up with several infantry to the battle. Now it takes just one guy to drive a truck in and holler that a spawn is up and waves of infantry are swarming the town, from just one truck. Used to be we would go out and set up ambushes outside the towns on the roads. Doesn't happen any more since it only takes one truck.

AOs is another thing that ruined the game. Used to be you could find battles all along the frontline. Now they fixed it so you can only spawn into the AO that they have setup. When we left there would only be 3 or 4 AOs at prime time hours and then get knocked down to 1 or 2 during late night play due to the low numbers. Of course I don't have to say anything about how it kills the chances of anyone getting a tank with only a base or two at each AO. Of course they keep promising brigade spawn lists but they've also promised artillery, allied medium boomber, radar, North Africa map, etc.

The answer they have always given is it will all be in there "SOON".

Infantry is a joke as well. Its the 21st century version of the old Wolfenstien engine. Can't jump, can't climb [of course some of the players figured out how to climb trees and buildings by clipping them but the Rats got rid of it], runs around like a stick figure. Not to mention the fictional sapper that can actually run down tanks and stick magnectic satchel charges on them to kill them.

The Navy game is played with 1 German destroyer and 1 German gun boat that is ALSO the version used by the Allies. Only difference is the flag flying on the mast.

Yes, I've played WW2OL.
Tango78
78th Razorbacks

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2009, 02:11:07 PM »
By the way there is a limit... 64,96 or 128 depending on ur setting...U have never seen 128 players at one time on ur screen in aces high... Heck thats almost half of the player base on a good night in one arena.... That is 128 peeps that u are looking at at one time think about it :salute 128 players in 1 direction. 128 players if u look to the right left behind u or above..

Aces High tracks players in a better way though. The limitation is AH only renders 64 players. It will track more. It also renders the closest 64. So if you have 64 in front, and 64 behind, when you look forward you will see all 64, and look back you will see all 64.

However WW2OL uses some retarded netcode. You can have guys right next to you not render, but a truck 2 miles away will render. They try to overcome this with bias's but it never worked well. It's also not 128 visibile, nor 64 even. I've seen ww2ol start to lose it with 32.

I played ww2ol for 2 or 3 years. Taking a break from about 6 years of AH. My experience was the game was significantly inferior to AH from a quality point of view. However the team play with a good squad made up for it. Gradually CRS worked against the bigger squads making the game less enjoyable, turning it into a crappy version of bf2. The denialist attitude of the dev's didn't help. I see they think they finally fixed the 109/110 wobble which they denied existed for years.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2009, 05:48:55 PM »
Tr1gg22 - this answers my question:
"However WW2OL uses some retarded netcode. You can have guys right next to you not render, but a truck 2 miles away will render."
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Tango

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2009, 09:33:25 PM »
I see they think they finally fixed the 109/110 wobble which they denied existed for years.

Yes they did. I remember the players complaining about it for years and Doc would say we needed to learn how to fly instead of complaining in the forums about it [one of the many reasons the forum is locked for non paying customers]. Funny thing is when I was in there a couple of months ago for the Welcome Back Soldier play, the pilots were complaining about it being fixed because they learned to fly with the barndoor of a rudder.

Just goes to show how thick headed the Rats are in listening to thier customers.
Tango78
78th Razorbacks

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2009, 09:23:46 AM »
I recieve the "welcome back soldier" from time to time and generally i play for 3 days and really enjoy it.  By about a week of playing all the things that i used to disliked start to accummulate and i stop playing.

Anyway,some amusing things i remember from ww2ol (i believe all have been fixed):

-planes level speed increased if flown inverted
-riding in a truck and have it disappear and then reappear moments later 50m away.
-the hurri or spit sitting dead 6 on a 109 empty it's entire ammo with no effect because of no accummulative damage.
-as mentioned above, ramming tanks with planes :lol
-pistols making one shot kills but rifles taking several shots because the damage model was based on the amount of energy bullets imparted into the enemy- high velocity rifle bullets would pass right through causing little damage. :lol

"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline Tango

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2009, 06:06:09 PM »
Don't foregt the Mp-40 shooting backwards.
Tango78
78th Razorbacks