Author Topic: Disabling other players skins  (Read 3961 times)

Offline LTARogue

• Copper Member
Re: Disabling other players skins
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2009, 11:55:48 PM »
Krusty you speak of things for which you have no knowledge...........and in your arrogance you have completely missed the point as others have also noticed. Let me spell it out to you so that you may understand. This feature is most certainly being used by people to game the game and have an unfair advantage over others and so if there is an easy fix then lets do it. I do not believe I have ever even seen you in a tank so do you like to just hear yourself post? Talk about trolling and black helicopters. :noid Please do not hijack this post or the subject matter being discussed as obviously it does not concern you. :aok

LTARogue

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2009, 12:26:43 AM »
You gents do understand that the default Panzer and Tiger skins are basically the standard paint scheme for German tanks from late 42 on?  Tans, greens and browns?

Outside of whitewashing them in the winter to blend with the snow, they had those colors or variations of the same regardless of the theater they were in.  So Green Shermans and T34s were shooting at Panzers and Tigers painted in tan, brown and green mottled camo. 

Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2009, 12:33:04 AM »
You gents do understand that the default Panzer and Tiger skins are basically the standard paint scheme for German tanks from late 42 on?  Tans, greens and browns?

Outside of whitewashing them in the winter to blend with the snow, they had those colors or variations of the same regardless of the theater they were in.  So Green Shermans and T34s were shooting at Panzers and Tigers painted in tan, brown and green mottled camo. 

We said it was stupid, not un-historical (Is that a word?)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2009, 01:03:47 AM »
We said it was stupid, not un-historical (Is that a word?)

So explain to me the solution?  Outside of dust, external camouflage, hiding in hedgerows etc what is the answer you are looking for?
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2009, 01:09:03 AM »
Corky, it wouldn't be an issue, but something tells me that Panzers never fought in a place that looks like Ireland. :rofl

Just switch the default skin to one that's comparable to the terrain.  'Nuff said.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2009, 01:57:00 AM »
Corky, it wouldn't be an issue, but something tells me that Panzers never fought in a place that looks like Ireland. :rofl

Just switch the default skin to one that's comparable to the terrain.  'Nuff said.

Agreed. We have other tank skins that weren't terribly uncommon. Just switch us to that, OR make it so disabling other plane skins does NOT effect GVs. GVs aren't exactly known for their lagging and warping, so the extra CPU strength skins require isn't going to do much.

Offline Softail

• Copper Member
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2009, 06:00:00 AM »
We have panzers and tiggers?  :O

They just targets for the M4 and M8  :rofl   :rofl  :rofl

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2009, 07:12:49 AM »
I think the main reason for being able to disable other plan skins is because you can have 100 planes in the area with 100 different skins. That's where the frame rate hit comes in.

Tanks on the other hand have a very limited number of skins. So, I think it would be OK to make it where planes skins are disabled but GV skins always change.

But the easiest thing is to change the default skins.
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2009, 07:38:52 AM »
maybe its good to have the current skin to take away some of the advantage tiger has?

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2009, 08:19:29 AM »
So explain to me the solution?  Outside of dust, external camouflage, hiding in hedgerows etc what is the answer you are looking for?
The low perk shrub cammo perk option? Or the higher perked bombed out building cammo option maybe?   

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2009, 08:37:53 AM »
HTC will never do this as it creates a liability issue because they will be messing with stuff that was not designed by them.  All game manufactures would not do this.  This is your responsibility, not HTC's.  However HTC has posted tips and tweaks to help you out with that.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,71591.0.html

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,231506.0.html

I think you need to re-read his post again ... you totally missed it.

However if they did include system resource use adjustments in their product then they must have intended for people to use them to get better performance if "Needed" or if only "Desired".

He was saying ...

Because AH already has graphic "tweaking" options within the clipboard (not within the OS) ... gamma adjustment, turn skins off, pre-load skins textures, etc, ... then HTC is already trying to cater to and keep lower end system running AH rather than kicking them to the curb.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2009, 08:41:53 AM »
maybe its good to have the current skin to take away some of the advantage tiger has?

Which one?

The high perk price it has?

The rubber bullets?

The high visibility?

The unreal way that a Sherman can absorb rounds from one?
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2009, 08:43:48 AM »

True they may have been "standard" but aren't all the other skins that are available for the vehicles in question valid WWII schema skins ?

I would say "yes" ... else they wouldn't be in the list ... and some of them are darker skins ... so why not so why not switch the "default" skin to one of the other "official" darker skins ? ... that is all that is being asked for.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2009, 08:45:40 AM »
By the same logic it's totally and morally unfair and a complete bias that the default plane skins are NOT sky blue! I'm quitting unless all the defaults are changed to sky blue!!!!  :furious :( :mad: :mad: :mad:

:rolleyes:

Ahhh ... there is it ... the "Krusty Backpedal".
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2009, 09:32:18 AM »
Ivealways wondered if it would be possible to change it so the only plane you saw was the orange nik skin so it would be easier to see. With the icons telling you what it really is, it wouldnt really matter would it? Sure would be easier to see.

~AoM~