Author Topic: ***The Ultimate Girl Talk Thread***  (Read 2024 times)

Offline TwentyFo

• Silver Member
Re: ***The Ultimate Girl Talk Thread***
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2009, 03:50:00 PM »
One cannot remix crap into something more than crap.  For it is made of crap and will always be crap.

So the Beetles are crap?
XO ***THE LYNCHMOB***

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2009, 03:51:44 PM »
You guys wouldn't know good music if it slapped you in the face.

I bet most of you still strictly listen to classic rock and oldies stations. How many times can you listen to "Freebird", what about going out and finding new current artists. What about googling your local music venue and seeing who is coming and when. Good music is easy to find these days with the internet and myspace.

Girl Talk has sold out almost every venue last year and into this year. His tickets are reasonable and you are guaranteed to have a great time. The audience is encouraged to join him on stage while he does his thing. His energy is constant and he is passionate about what he does. Girl Talk has had over 5 million hits to his myspace page. He is becoming main stream among the younger generation in this country.

Everyone has a different taste. I do agree with you on the oldies. Heck even Nirvana is old now. I mean I can't listen to Stairway To Heaven one more time. If it's on I turn it off or to another station and I use to love that song. Most of the songs I download are oldies that are not overplayed. I would like some new music but gosh, Rap, lip synchers, etc. are not my thing. My newest album is by Tom Petty and pretty much listen to the song "I don't scare easy".

There was a superbowl about 3 or 4 years ago where Paul McCartney was the half time show. He received a bad review about it. Saying he was old and out of it. A woman I work with told me about it. I just said, "What do you expect from the lip synch generation". She laughed and said true. I thought the show was good btw. Now this guy is lip synching too. Not with a voice but with music. Funny thing is he is doing it with oldies.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
      • http://grupul7vanatoare.homestead.com/Startpage.html
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2009, 03:53:03 PM »
I have to listen to that crap all day at work. I'm not listening to it willingly at home.
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2009, 04:16:06 PM »
  Sorry 24...Id rather watch someone play air guitar or listen to karoke. Seeing him fiddle with the pc on stage was really cheesy.

~AoM~

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2009, 04:25:51 PM »
This guy seems ok, never heard anyone mix songs like those together, personally I like Dj Green Lantern better.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Enker

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2009, 04:32:41 PM »
Huh, I thought this was like Car Talk, where you ask girls questions, and they give you answers...so you stopped your obsession with the Jonas Bros. now?
InGame ID: Cairn
Quote from: BillyD topic=283300.msg3581799#msg3581799
... FOR TEH MUPPET$ TO PAD OUR SCO?E N to WIN TEH EPIC WAR OF TEH UNIVERSE We MUST VULTCHE DA RUNWAYZ N DROP UR GUYZ FIGHTERZ Bunkarz Then OUR SKWAD will Finarry Get TACTICAL NOOK for 25 KILL SCORE  STREAK>X

Offline zuii

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2009, 04:37:29 PM »
just awful, media dribble for children.

39th FS "Cobra in the Clouds"

Empress Zhang: "I love cannons"
(it was not all fun and games inside the forbidden city)

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2009, 04:48:11 PM »
Go far down to the one where it says I made the one special for TwentyFo  ;)
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,255760.new.html#new
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2009, 04:55:43 PM »
Pfsh, thought I'd get to talk about my avatar. :noid
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
      • http://grupul7vanatoare.homestead.com/Startpage.html
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2009, 05:34:59 PM »
Huh, I thought this was like Car Talk, where you ask girls questions, and they give you answers...so you stopped your obsession with the Jonas Bros. now?

Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2009, 05:53:44 PM »
I watched for like 5 mins and kept hoping a cartoon P-38 would come zooming by and blow up Girl Talks head.

Is that, like, music? Dude?

Girl Talk like sucks Dude. Seriously sucks.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline TwentyFo

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2009, 05:59:14 PM »
I watched for like 5 mins and kept hoping a cartoon P-38 would come zooming by and blow up Girl Talks head.

Is that, like, music? Dude?

Girl Talk like sucks Dude. Seriously sucks.

What is your reasonining? Do you not like rap? If you dont like Rap then you surely won't like girl talk. But there is talent there. His stuff is live. His laptop is his instrument.
XO ***THE LYNCHMOB***

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2009, 06:08:27 PM »
What is your reasonining? Do you not like rap? If you dont like Rap then you surely won't like girl talk. But there is talent there. His stuff is live. His laptop is his instrument.

As much as I dont like rap I like it better then watching some whiteboy, whose mommie obviously had to much lead in her breast milk, prance around a stage acting like a rap artist with a Macbook. I grew up with actual music, "yaknow the kind where people spend lifetimes learning an instrument", and Girl Talk just doesn't rate. Right now my 15yo is playing Mozart on the Baby Grand I bought him. He goes to a special music HS and has been playing since he was 5yo.

Thats music Dude. I'm sorry but Girl Talk just struck out with this middle aged cartoon pilot. In my day boys didn't call themselves "girls" no how. :huh
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Online mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2009, 06:45:37 PM »
disagree, i use to DJ and find this to be interesting at the very least. Of course i had to use vinyl but still not easy and takes a creative mind to throw this stuff together.

:rock I still mix on vinyl, CDs are for lesbians. (no offence girls)
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline ChickenHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2009, 08:14:41 PM »
Ya gotta hand it to him guys. 

Nobody can troll like the Fo.
Do not attribute to malice what can be easily explained by incompetence, fear, ignorance or stupidity, because there are millions more garden variety idiots walking around in the world than there are blackhearted Machiavellis.