Author Topic: ***The Ultimate Girl Talk Thread***  (Read 2033 times)

Offline TwentyFo

• Silver Member
Re: ***The Ultimate Girl Talk Thread***
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2009, 12:26:09 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 12:45:18 PM by Skuzzy »
XO ***THE LYNCHMOB***

Offline zuii

• Copper Member
« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2009, 12:40:17 PM »
As far as "Girl Talk" goes he is a former biomedical engineeriing student who decided he wanted to focus on music instead.

This guy has focused on other peoples music because said biomedical student aint a musician.

the world would be better off if he was still playing with germs.

:)

But TwentyFo i like your post more than anyone else's. always good for laugh! :) With your generation in control,
rock and roll is as good as dead.

<S>

zuii

« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 12:43:41 PM by zuii »
39th FS "Cobra in the Clouds"

Empress Zhang: "I love cannons"
(it was not all fun and games inside the forbidden city)

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2009, 12:41:54 PM »
Sounds like a pastor to me.

Church of Oprah?

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Curlew

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2009, 12:46:31 PM »
Pfsh, thought I'd get to talk about my avatar. :noid

hahahaha nice, is this the new one ooz?
It is I, Ens. Pulver! And I have just thrown your palm tree overboard!
Quote from: Helm
The best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$

Callsign---Curlew

Offline Anodizer

• Silver Member
« Reply #64 on: January 08, 2009, 02:00:09 PM »
This guy has focused on other peoples music because said biomedical student aint a musician.

the world would be better off if he was still playing with germs.

:)

But TwentyFo i like your post more than anyone else's. always good for laugh! :) With your generation in control,
rock and roll is as good as dead.

<S>

zuii

You could not be more wrong....  Just because you don't hear something on the radio doesn't mean it doesn't exist...
Here's an example:  Back in the 80's, metal was rarely (if ever) played on commercial radio stations..  If they did, it
was somekind of friday night metal show or something..  However, bands like Iron Maiden, Metallica, etc. were hugely
popular, even though you never heard them on the radio..  Hell, Metallica never even made a video until And Justice for All came out..
There's all sorts of scenes out there to carry on the torch and do it probably better than a lot of their predecessors..
Just because something isn't commercialized and rammed down the populaces throat (like all music is on the radio for the past 20-25 years)
doesn't mean it doesn't exist..  People are quick to label independent music as weak, whiney, not as good as the commercial stuff..
The is an absolute farce that corporate record labels have injected into each scene in order to keep their pockets lined...
Every scene of music I hear on the radio is nothing more than dressed up dog-crap..  Dress it as much as you want...
It's still gonna smell like dog-crap....  Alt-Rock-Metal=Junk
                                                  Commercial Hip-Hop=Junk
                                                  Emo=Junk(I can only take so many bands that sound like Sunny Day Realestate and Bright Eyes)
                                                  R+B=Junk (same theme over and over in every song)
                                                  Country=Junk(the most commercialized crap out out there.  They compare nothing with true country artist such as Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, etc)

These styles of music are just to name a few....

Corporate music is a joke....  I find it disheartening that so many folks literally buy into it....

I like classy, beautiful, intelligent woman that say the "F" word a lot....

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline zuii

• Copper Member
« Reply #65 on: January 08, 2009, 04:01:20 PM »
You could not be more wrong....  Just because you don't hear something on the radio doesn't mean it doesn't exist...Here's an example:  Back in the 80's, metal was rarely (if ever) played on commercial radio stations..  If they did, it was somekind of friday night metal show or something..  However, bands like Iron Maiden, Metallica, etc. were hugely popular, even though you never heard them on the radio..  Hell, Metallica never even made a video until And Justice for All came out..There's all sorts of scenes out there to carry on the torch and do it probably better than a lot of their predecessors..Just because something isn't commercialized and rammed down the populaces throat (like all music is on the radio for the past 20-25 years)
doesn't mean it doesn't exist..  People are quick to label independent music as weak, whiney, not as good as the commercial stuff..The is an absolute farce that corporate record labels have injected into each scene in order to keep their pockets lined...Every scene of music I hear on the radio is nothing more than dressed up dog-crap..  Dress it as much as you want...It's still gonna smell like dog-crap....  Alt-Rock-Metal=Junk
                                                  Commercial Hip-Hop=Junk
                                                  Emo=Junk(I can only take so many bands that sound like Sunny Day Realestate and Bright Eyes)
                                                  R+B=Junk (same theme over and over in every song)
                                                  Country=Junk(the most commercialized crap out out there.  They compare nothing with true country artist such as Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, etc)
                                                                        These styles of music are just to name a few....

Corporate music is a joke....  I find it disheartening that so many folks literally buy into it....

I never wrote that bad music does not exist...

and johnny cash rocks! :)

Corporate music is a joke, i agree.
i dont even listen to radio any more,,,except for xm radio at times.

Im glad the record companies are having a bad time these days (in a way, I never really want to see anyone "personally" have a bad time, except mabey hitler) they ruined the record business to move (as u said) corperate junk.

NOW ,,im gona go SLAP myself fo getting into this SILLY thread. TwentyFo,,,,u are a better man than i, hook, line , and sinker :)

zuii
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 04:15:00 PM by zuii »
39th FS "Cobra in the Clouds"

Empress Zhang: "I love cannons"
(it was not all fun and games inside the forbidden city)

Offline TwentyFo

• Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2009, 12:05:51 PM »
Here is the actual Girl Talk show that I was unable to attend. I know a few people who went and they said it was nothing short of amazing. Well, I guess there's always next time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE6AqqPOD_M
XO ***THE LYNCHMOB***

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2009, 03:53:46 PM »
It would serve no purpose for me to comment on the bands mentioned....but I can surmise that...

ROX

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2009, 06:20:57 PM »
Music and visuals  are mind stimulating. Throw in some beer or random drugs, and its a party. :aok
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2009, 08:51:38 PM »
I found my head bobbing with the music right up until he put in Sinead O'Conner... :confused:...NEVER resurrect Sinead.  All in all not too bad.  Sounded a lot like the music they played in the clubs in Virginia Beach in the mid 90s.  Ivan is correct, just add a little alcohol baby!  I guess I'm in that age group (I'm 33) that can still listen to techno-type music, but just doesn't go looking for it.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2009, 09:31:51 PM »
He's got nothing on these guys though:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4

;)
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: January 24, 2009, 02:33:27 AM »
Talking with crappy beats and retarded sounds isn't music no matter how you try to spin it. Having someone slow it down, speeding it up, or making it so it repeats over and over is just stupid. If you cant play some sort of instrument while actually singing then it should be considered music.

Rap is for those that think having $5,000 spinning rims on a $40,000 truck/SUV while collecting unemployment, food stamps and/or, welfare is "the good life". :rolleyes:
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Pepprr

• Nickel Member
« Reply #72 on: January 24, 2009, 10:19:21 AM »
He's got nothing on these guys though:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4

;)

:rofl  :rofl  :aok

As for "Girl Talk", I don't think that I would ever pay to go and see someone bounce around in frount of a laptop!  That's just weird.  I would listen to his "music" in a bar but that's about it :rolleyes:
Would rather pay to see Cobra Kai do Iron Maiden/Blondie mix :rock

Ohhh...and would definetly go to see the Stripes!!! :rock

~AoM~

SSACIFMTSHU 
My vids :)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk0db9fARH0

Online mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: January 25, 2009, 02:23:44 AM »

Rap is for those that think having $5,000 spinning rims on a $40,000 truck/SUV while collecting unemployment, food stamps and/or, welfare is "the good life". :rolleyes:

Umm...yeah...well incase you didnt notice, most rappers are rolling in cash and there are a few of them who donate generously to charity on a regular basis. I agree that alot of rap is really bad as far as music goes, but to say that rappers are leaches on society is wrong. Most of them have far too much money and are just a danger to society.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: January 25, 2009, 02:28:37 AM »

Umm...yeah...well incase you didnt notice, most rappers are rolling in cash and there are a few of them who donate generously to charity on a regular basis. I agree that alot of rap is really bad as far as music goes, but to say that rappers are leaches on society is wrong. Most of them have far too much money and are just a danger to society.

Was talking about the people who listen to it.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner