Author Topic: Why does it never happen to me???  (Read 1822 times)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Re: Why does it never happen to me???
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2009, 11:43:35 AM »
I duel a couple of my good friends regularly who are very average pilots at best.  I tell them to hold on HOing on the first merge but any other chance they get to put guns on me, go for it.  This gives me the opportunity to craft my merges away from the instinctual flying style of just pointing your nose at the red dot any chance you get which has given me a very strong MA style of flying. 

So, since according to the "rules" HOs are easy to avoid and if you try to pull one off the other guy will be on your six easily, why are the DA merges guns cold?  I mean, all one has to do is avoid them and get an easy kill  :rofl
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2009, 12:44:36 PM »
Thats the spirit.  :salute The alternative is to leatn some basic ACM"s and then whinge on here enlessly abour HOtards in La7's along with the rest of the herd.

I've found the Ho'ers tend to say someone is whining when they point the culprit out for Hoing. Most are just letting other folks know that they will get no decent fight from that specific individual. That way they can move to another area if they are wanting a fight. The Ho'er attempts to draw away his embarrassment by making whining statements, at least that is what I can figure of it.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2009, 03:46:42 PM »
So, since according to the "rules" HOs are easy to avoid and if you try to pull one off the other guy will be on your six easily, why are the DA merges guns cold?  I mean, all one has to do is avoid them and get an easy kill  :rofl

Because DA merges happen on the deck.  MA merges which are not on the deck are the HO's that are easy to avoid when you can come to the side and below, and yes, when they nose down at you and try to HO, you will easily be on their six in one turn.  Quit playing devil's advocate Ded.  :lol
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 03:48:15 PM by grizz441 »

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2009, 04:01:34 PM »
Because DA merges happen on the deck.  MA merges which are not on the deck are the HO's that are easy to avoid when you can come to the side and below, and yes, when they nose down at you and try to HO, you will easily be on their six in one turn.  Quit playing devil's advocate Ded.  :lol

Hehe, coming from the side and bellow means there was never a HO opportunity  :P  You know that is not how it is done in the MA.  The majority happen when you are already fighting some one else.  You come of a turn and there is his little helper ready to give you a face full.  The other time they happen is when you follow someone up and they just loop over for the HO.  Both situations, you are slow and on the first most likely on the deck.  The situation you describe is not a HO to begin with  :lol
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2009, 04:06:47 PM »
HO tards suck, and ram tards suck, and runtwits suck, and timid hordemonkeys suck....along with scoredorks. :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2009, 04:07:44 PM »
Everyone sucks except me! neener neener!  :D
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2009, 04:11:19 PM »
Hehe, coming from the side and bellow means there was never a HO opportunity  :P  You know that is not how it is done in the MA.  The majority happen when you are already fighting some one else.  You come of a turn and there is his little helper ready to give you a face full.  The other time they happen is when you follow someone up and they just loop over for the HO.  Both situations, you are slow and on the first most likely on the deck.  The situation you describe is not a HO to begin with  :lol

:lol  :rolleyes: Well I guess I don't come across many HO's then in the MA by your definition Ded.  Oh and coming from the side and below, I still get shot sometimes so I still would say it's a "ho" since only a HOer avacado would attempt it.  Ho is gray area definition.

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2009, 04:13:18 PM »
  Oh and coming from the side and below, I still get shot sometimes so I still would say it's a "ho" since only a HOer avacado would attempt it. 

BS. 
-=Most Wanted=-

||||||||

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2009, 04:25:40 PM »
BS. 

Pretty troll like comment if you aren't going to join the discussion but instead mask vulgarity from the outside.  I never specified how far below and to the side I come in the merge.  The enemy is still in my front canopy.  So no, it isn't BS.

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2009, 04:28:59 PM »
You said the when a plane is coming from the side and below and shoots you, you would sometimes call that a "HO" because only a "HOer avacado" would take that shot.  I called BS.  It either is ALWAYS a HO or NEVER a HO.  A HO is not base on the player that does it.  It is based on physics.  HO = Head on.  A plane coming from the side and/or below cannot be going head on with your flight path, therefore it not being a HO.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 04:31:01 PM by Banshee7 »
-=Most Wanted=-

||||||||

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2009, 04:31:57 PM »
  Ho is gray area definition.
Erm no it's not. Head on is when both have a gun solution. 
See Rule #4

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2009, 04:46:31 PM »
You said the when a plane is coming from the side and below and shoots you, you would sometimes call that a "HO" because only a "HOer avacado" would take that shot.  I called BS.  It either is ALWAYS a HO or NEVER a HO.  A HO is not base on the player that does it.  It is based on physics.  HO = Head on.  A plane coming from the side and/or below cannot be going head on with your flight path, therefore it not being a HO.

Well thanks for explaining yourself!

Erm no it's not. Head on is when both have a gun solution. 

:rolleyes:

Say I'm on the deck slow and a spit16 is coming in at me 2k out, I know he is going to shoot me head on, so I try to dodge the shot, but he rips my wing off anyways.  Well I didn't have guns on him since I tried to dodge him so it wasn't a head on?  :rofl

Sure the textbook definition of a head on is what you guys say, both planes have gun solution, but I like to think the AH definition encompasses a little more.  We aren't going to agree but it doesn't matter because I know how to dodge them in the game which is what does matter.  :aok

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2009, 04:48:34 PM »
Say I'm on the deck slow and a spit16 is coming in at me 2k out, I know he is going to shoot me head on, so I try to dodge the shot, but he rips my wing off anyways.  Well I didn't have guns on him since I tried to dodge him so it wasn't a head on?  :rofl

If you do know how to dodge them then the above situation would not occur.   :aok
-=Most Wanted=-

||||||||

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2009, 04:51:57 PM »
If you do know how to dodge them then the above situation would not occur.   :aok

Lol, the success rate of dodging a head on being slow on the deck against hispanos is not very high.  This was an example.  Most situations I dodge with ease.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2009, 04:52:48 PM »
If you turn away at say 400 yrds, its a fair shot to take. The closer it gets to crossing merge the more lame it is to fire when one person turns away. The most lame being when one person turns away at the last second and the other takes the shot from 20yrds.

I think that is what grizz is getting at.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.