Author Topic: Microphone  (Read 344 times)

Offline Fianna

• Nickel Member
Microphone
« on: January 08, 2009, 01:37:21 PM »
I've been playing the game off and on for a few years. First on an old computer and now on my new one. I've had two microphones over that time period. I've never been able to use one. First the old microphone on the old computer didn't work. Then the old microphone on the new computer didn't work. And now the new microphone on the new computer (vista) doesn't work.

Please. Someone help me.

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
Re: Microphone
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 01:55:05 PM »
Obviously you have already checked this, but is the microphone volume (recording) level up a ways? This is for both in the control panel and in Aces High. Secondly, is the Mic Boost enabled? Thirdly are you running an Anti-Virus, Software Firewall, or are you behind a router/DSL-Modem?

A dxdiag output might also be quite useful.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: Microphone
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 10:31:22 PM »
Only some drivers have an option for sound boost under Vista. You do have to go to the recording tab in control panels audio applet and make sure the microphone is selected as the default device.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.