Author Topic: Getting Really Upset at Knights  (Read 3789 times)

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
Re: Getting Really Upset at Knights
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2009, 11:49:47 PM »
Why limit yourself to chess piece allegiance?  Set yourself free and fly wherever you feel like flying.

You answered your question with you second sentence.  My question is why switch?  I'm happy where I'm at, and I have seen numerous posts that there is little difference between the sides.  I have never felt the need to switch. 

Those that want to switch, that's fine, I personally don't have a problem with that.  I personally perfer to stay where I'm at, because each and everyday that I log on I have fun.  I guess that is what it is all about, isn't it?

:salute

Fred 

I have to make a little side note.  I have switched a couple of times, and that has been when I received some training from other players that were gracious enough to provide me with some informal training.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 11:54:01 PM by bmwgs »
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline Messiah

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2009, 01:30:03 AM »
Messiah(The O.G.)
The Blue Knights

Offline Messiah

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2009, 01:33:03 AM »
You answered your question with you second sentence.  My question is why switch?  I'm happy where I'm at, and I have seen numerous posts that there is little difference between the sides.  I have never felt the need to switch. 

Those that want to switch, that's fine, I personally don't have a problem with that.  I personally perfer to stay where I'm at, because each and everyday that I log on I have fun.  I guess that is what it is all about, isn't it?

:salute

Fred 

I have to make a little side note.  I have switched a couple of times, and that has been when I received some training from other players that were gracious enough to provide me with some informal training.

The OP stated he was unhappy where he was at, I suggested trying a different side of things, you answered in a way that made it seem I was specifically addressing you which I wasn't.  If you're happy where you are, then great.  The OP clearly isn't, thus the suggestion to drop the fly for one country routine and try something fresh.
Messiah(The O.G.)
The Blue Knights

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2009, 01:54:01 AM »
The OP stated he was unhappy where he was at, I suggested trying a different side of things, you answered in a way that made it seem I was specifically addressing you which I wasn't.  If you're happy where you are, then great.  The OP clearly isn't, thus the suggestion to drop the fly for one country routine and try something fresh.

Didn't know you were specifically speaking to the OP.  Thought you were addressing the thread in general.  Sorry for the mistake.

Fred
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2009, 03:17:14 AM »
What is this basetaking i hear so much about?

*shakes head and just keeps having fun on someones six*

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2009, 04:42:05 AM »
And then you'd switch and get upset at the Rooks, or the Bish. I dont think any of the above fly much different from each other.

Last night I spent the evening defending a base against a horde of aircraft and GV'ers. Thats all I did, and I assume the ones I kilt and kept getting kilt by? I assume thats all they did too. Nothing was accomplished, other then the fact we defended so desperately we kept pulling samurais against running troops defended by wirbels. When I signed off the base looked like it did when I signed on. Still I spent an evening flying with a good bunch against a good bunch and thats enough.

Everyone thinks the Rooks are so organized but believe me there are plenty of nights where we spend all night running around like blinded lemmings. Your not feeling anything anyone else, on any other chess piece, has felt.

The Nits got a lot of good sticks and good guys. I would just roll with it.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2009, 08:10:42 AM »
BMW is right, The reason you came to the game in the first place is to have fun. Yeah it sure gets complicated. It's difficult to get everyone to do what you think needs done. Well actually impossible. There are times when even Falcon and Ghi cannot get folks to join their missions.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2009, 08:50:42 AM »
One shouldnt have to win to have fun.   ;)
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2009, 09:56:55 AM »
Amen.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2009, 09:58:04 AM »
One shouldnt have to win to have fun.   ;)

I agree but isn't it fun to win!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2009, 10:20:37 AM »
Well of course! If there were not a desire to win, they wouldn't be playing or be alive for that matter.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2009, 10:23:57 AM »
No one shall say all the countries "are about the same" without this graph posted in the thread:

:aok
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2009, 10:29:57 AM »
Hello Gavagai,

Very cool and informative graph Sir.  I am not amazed at the disparity between the Rooks and the Knights/Bishop.  I said before in a previous post that the Rook as a nation are much harder to fight than the Bishop.  It will be interesting to see how this information influences this and future discussions.

<Salute>
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline iTunes

• Nickel Member
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2009, 12:40:35 PM »
Jump in your favourite crate, get to about 600-1000ft, hang at the edge of a base and fight anything that comes to meet you, you'll have fun and learn to handle your ride at the same time, take them all on at once, you'll most likely get a few auguers, take some damage and eventually die, but I promise you'll have a blast doing so, forget the war, means zip, great when you see a 38, jug etc inb to you on the deck, most of the time it's someone looking for a good fight also, just  mix it up, have fun and up again.
The Class Acts.
JG54 Grunherz
iTunes- UK's finest killer of ack huggers and runners, mixing business with girls and thrills.
JG54/ Manchester United- Nobody likes us-we don't care... Goes by the name of Wayne rooney http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW-47c_8J4c

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2009, 12:44:59 PM »
It's all cyclic nits will turn it around at some point :aok as all the other chess pieces go through it at some point.