Author Topic: Getting Really Upset at Knights  (Read 3799 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Getting Really Upset at Knights
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2009, 07:13:47 PM »
I also know the frustration of being on the knights. And true in affect, they do have some good furballers but often they do so when others who want to take bases end up getting left in the cold. Not saying its just for the knights, even bish and rooks have those moments too. I just set goals for myself, at least I did when I was flying with the knights

You make it sound like those of us that like to fight are somehow obligated to help you toolshedders take a base when you cry for help.  I'm sorry but that's just not going to happen.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2009, 07:15:53 PM »
This game is all about numbers, pure and simple.  Whatever side has the most will win 99% of the time.  Not hitting this strat or that base or noe'ing that doesn't matter.  The sides are almost evenly matched (sorry Bish, almost I said :aok ) so it just comes down to who swarms the other.  If the Knights had the most fliers you wouldn't be here crying, you'd be slapping each other on the backs, spamming Country Channel with "OINK!" and circlejerking each other about how good you guys are not understanding why... actually you would whine, just about ENY and not about how people fly.

;)

Sorry Stang, had to fix your comment.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2009, 07:18:23 PM »
LOL!

Offline Tr0jan

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2009, 07:18:56 PM »
As wurzel said.. try getting/finding a squad that jumps countrys every so often, The Few do it.. and its fun meeting new people you never spoken to before.. new friends.. and learn new things about the way each country flys  :)

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2009, 07:20:08 PM »
Damnit Trojan what kinda beer is the kid in your avatar holding?  Gotta be some good stout toejam.

Offline 4deck

• Silver Member
      • (+) Precision
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2009, 07:34:38 PM »
Actually Nice responses, thanx.   :aok Need to get my suger in order I guess, had some brew.

ROger 4deck is floats. Just had to BIACH   :cry  :cry My country sux, but its my chess peice. LOL   :D

Cheers

See you in the skies, hopefully in the sights.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 08:05:58 PM by 4deck »
Forgot who said this while trying to take a base, but the quote goes like this. "I cant help you with ack, Im not in attack mode" This is with only 2 ack up in the town while troops were there, waiting. The rest of the town was down.

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2009, 07:56:14 PM »

Sorry Stang, had to fix your comment.

ack-ack
:rofl

OINK!
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2009, 08:24:21 PM »
:lol

What a horses bellybutton statement.  Because they aren't doing exactly what you want them to do they aren't helping?  Last I heard shooting down the enemy was a big help to one's country. 

Toolshedders need the furballers.  They can't shoot down anyone by themselves, which is why they travel in huge packs annihilating every hangar, strat and outhouse in the way.  Smash everything and the enemy can't fly, so we don't have to shoot them down, cause we can't.  Furballers don't need you, as long as there's someone to fight we're fine... we don't mind the easy kills when we find you though.

:aok

LOL too true.

I was Rooks the other night and country was all about taking bases.  Guys were organizing their missions and yelling for everyone to join.

3 of us were at the largest red dar bar, which I believe was Knits.  They were hording bases north while the Rooks were trying to horde south.  Three of us got mugged over and over again fighting the one horde, while the Rooks horde mugged someone else.  Finally the message the Rooks horde had been looking for came over the text.   41 captured by Rooks!

WTG! all over country.  Naturally in the course of that time the Knits up north had taken 4 Rook bases with their horde.

I was having fun dying over and over as usual however but the 'war winning' and the new math made me laugh.

It's the same in every country.  Lighten up and have some fun.  No one really dies, the planes are free and the cartoon real estate all looks the same. :aok
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline TOMCAT21

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2009, 08:30:50 PM »
Floats, your still my hero .. :salute
RETIRED US Army/ Flying and dying since Tour 80/"We're paratroopers, Lieutenant, we're supposed to be surrounded." - Capt. Richard Winters.  FSO 412th FNVG/MA- REGULATORS

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2009, 08:36:12 PM »
I don't know what the fuss is about, I think the knights win all the time.

I'll explain:

Don't we all win if we are having fun. If we are not having fun then wouldn't we log.

I say we all are winners.

The only thing finishing the war accomplishes is it resets the map, oh and of course there is the perk points which amount gives you what exactly.

I don't consider the war being finished by anybody actually winning the war. There is no trophy, no acknowledgment after the fact (except for that 1 line in the text buffer), and no payment or free subscription. So really what do you win? You really just managed to accomplish forcing everybody to log out of map and wait a few minutes to come back to a random map and have to start everything over again. The only time I welcome a finished map is when certain maps are up so that we clear them out to make way for a map that I like better.

As stated before though, everybody has their favorite way to play and theirs may not be the same or match up to yours. I don't worry about what others want me to do in game unless they are going to start paying my subscription for me so texting in CAPS and yelling over vox or complaining on the boards will only make me spend my time on line either as far away from where you are as possible or squelching you upon the receiving either of these signs or maybe even both.

Now I know the OP was only merely stating that he is changing his basis for enjoyment and giving the reasons but since everybody else decided to state their opinion I thought I would as well.
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2009, 08:44:34 PM »
This game is all about numbers, pure and simple.  Whatever side has the most will win 99% of the time.  Not hitting this strat or that base or noe'ing that doesn't matter.  The sides are almost evenly matched (sorry Bish, almost I said :aok ) so it just comes down to who swarms the other.  If the Knights had the most fliers you wouldn't be here crying, you'd be slapping each other on the backs and circlejerking each other about how good you guys are not understanding why... actually you would whine, just about ENY and not about how people fly.

;)

So true, it's nice to think that being a good stick you will be able to fend off more bad guys, but 5 good sticks will still lose to 10 cherry picking typhies.  The horde is unstoppable without a horde yourself.  NOT good for gameplay.

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2009, 09:21:45 PM »
I have a tremendous amount of fun on the knights side. There's times of great cooperation in base capture; and times when more work on your part due to less work on the part of others is required for capturing bases.  Most of all it's fun either way.  :aok

Was rook for about a year ~ was the same there ~ was always fun, but not all of the time was completely efficient base-taking time.

*edit* And I agree that if you're not having fun as a knight, there's no foul in moving to another side. Nobody can begrudge you that! :)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 09:45:11 PM by texasmom »
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2009, 09:28:18 PM »
I think the knight are at a low point because they only have i real leader Floats. For example FALCON23, ghi, and J0KER lead the bishops to victory ith missons and defence. Don't know bout the rooks.   :aok
Strokes

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2009, 09:38:27 PM »
I think he started the thread because he feels or see's a lack of teamwork on his side.

Not one of the chess pieces has a perfectly rounded side... knits being the most oblong I guess I could say.

Offline Messiah

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2009, 09:41:53 PM »
Why limit yourself to chess piece allegiance?  Set yourself free and fly wherever you feel like flying.
Messiah(The O.G.)
The Blue Knights