Author Topic: X-52 USERS WITH PROBLEMS  (Read 2036 times)

Offline drdeathx

• Silver Member
      • [URL=http://s435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/AAdeath/?action=view&current=woodland-critters-christmas-1024x76.jpg][IMG]http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/AAdeath/th_woodland-critters-christmas-1024x76.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
Re: X-52 USERS WITH PROBLEMS
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2009, 12:03:47 PM »
Save your money.  Put your spare change in a coffee can.  Buy CH.
Some people in-game are using my old Ch gear that is 10 years old and going strong.  I can name a few.

I'm not trying to do anything but help.  I've been there with Logitech, saitek etc.  I've been doing
MMOG flight simming for many years.  There is nothing made as reliable as CH when it comes to game controllers.
I say this from experience.  Sure...once in awhile someone will have a problem with anything.  Ch has the best support
in the business.  And what do I see posted more then anything in here about game controllers?
I see posts about game controller problems with everything but CH. X52 etc.

One would think about seeing as many posts with problems about saitek etc. one would shy away from blowing their
hard earned dollars on unreliable crap.

Save your change....purchase one piece of CH gear at a time.  I prefer the Combat stick.  It's cheaper then the fighterstick.
Next......I'd purchase the pedals and throttle.  If you have those 3 controllers the only time you will touch the keyboard
would be to type in the text buffer.

It will save you money and aggravation in the long run.

My Ch is always calibrated.  Actually I've never had one go bad!  My Ch pro pedals are 11 years old and going strong!

The throttle is 8 years old....and the Ch Combatstick I'm using is 6.....and I gave the previous CH Combat stick to someone in game
and they are still using it!  I gave a whole CH HOTAS analog mind you to a player (runs from gamecard) and he is still using it!

Wise up!  Start saving your silver and copper.  Relieve yourself of the aggravation and the need to replace that crap every 2 years.

Save yourself some money if you plan on playing the game for years to come.   Get CH.

3 years + no calibrations issues and still running strong. Love the stick it something goes bad I will buy another Saitek.
See Rule #6

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2009, 01:22:50 PM »
I got it!! A Federal Saitek stick bail-out  :aok

Call your Congressman and tell him, "Max sent ya."  :D
Wow, wouldn't the gamers just enjoy that. :P
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2009, 06:14:02 AM »
+3 years on my X52 without a problem.
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2009, 04:55:58 AM »
From what I understand a lot of problems occur with the X52 because of a brief loss of power to the USB.  When this happens when the stick isn't dead center, it's calibration goes all screwy.  A lot of times it's an issue with the power supply or USB hub.

If you guys haven't tried it already, give an external powered USB hub a try.  Could fix your woes if the power supply or built-in hub is having issues.

Then again, who knows?  Maybe some just get unlucky with their stick.  I hope not to be one of those.
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2009, 09:01:20 AM »
I've noticed that most people losing calibration is, as stated above, a power issue. Either they have the stick plugged directly into the computer or the powered hub they're using just isn't up to it either.

Also, though, have a look at the connecting wire between the two bases. After a couple years, mine was stripped and electrical-taped twice from scraping across my desk legs and one end was coming undone. If yours is going bad, either email Saitek directly (not MadCatz) and they'll send you one (since my email was in English they routed me to England...and they sent me one from all the way accross the pond :D) or buy a standard male-male DIN6 cable. That way you can get any length you want.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2009, 04:30:24 PM »
If it looses calibration, simply unplug the JOYSTICK FROM THE THROTTLE, then let it sit for a few seconds.  Then, plug it back in, and JUST LET IT SIT FOR ABOUT 10-15 SECONDS - DO NOT TOUCH THE JOYSTICK IN THIS TIME, LEAVE IT CENTERED!!!

After that time, it will have finished its autocalibrating in Windows, and you'll be ready to go again.

If this keeps happening, you should get a POWERED USB hub.

Yossarian

P.S. Sorry for all the caps ;)
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline falcon23

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2009, 09:27:49 PM »
UPDATE,I installed an update from MS and no problems with it  since... :aok

Offline drdeathx

• Silver Member
      • [URL=http://s435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/AAdeath/?action=view&current=woodland-critters-christmas-1024x76.jpg][IMG]http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/AAdeath/th_woodland-critters-christmas-1024x76.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2009, 12:17:15 AM »
After 3 or 4 years I will buy new techology. 3 years everyday use X52 like brand new!
See Rule #6

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2009, 06:01:56 PM »
If it looses calibration, simply unplug the JOYSTICK FROM THE THROTTLE, then let it sit for a few seconds.  Then, plug it back in, and JUST LET IT SIT FOR ABOUT 10-15 SECONDS - DO NOT TOUCH THE JOYSTICK IN THIS TIME, LEAVE IT CENTERED!!!

After that time, it will have finished its autocalibrating in Windows, and you'll be ready to go again.

If this keeps happening, you should get a POWERED USB hub.

Yossarian

P.S. Sorry for all the caps ;)

Yoss no offence meant but unpluuging the joystick isn't a fix.  In the other X52 threads we've tried to suggest real and permanent fixes
"I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today"

Offline falcon23

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2009, 11:37:49 AM »
yes,if you guys come in here to post about prblem with X-52's please see the other thread in technical support,we need to try and get these 2 into 1...I am moving the link in the OP to the saitek driver updates into the other thread..

Falcon23 :salute

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2009, 03:28:22 PM »
I gave up on my X52. I didn't purchase it though, it was a hand-me down from a squad member (for good reasons I realize).
I'm gonna give the brand new Saitek Cyborg X a last go (it's pretty cheap). If that crocks up then I'll just ebay a CH one day.

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=kjpQphImXpQ

Offline iaqmya

• Copper Member
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2009, 05:13:43 PM »
Well over 3 years almost daily use, minimum 1 hour, weekend up to 6 or more  :O

No problems.  So, when Circuit City went under, I bought a spare set for half price  :D

Offline rip033

• Zinc Member
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2009, 01:21:35 PM »
I agree with hajo, cant go wrong with ch. Its worth the money.
JaCkRiPr

Offline drdeathx

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2009, 03:05:19 PM »
Its kinda funny. Most X52 users have no problems. One guy's X52 broke and he was mad so I asked him, "Are you tough on it?". He replied he beat it up pretty bad. Problems with X52 are mostly from abuse and system problems. Now careful guys, I said most not all. I beat mine up pretty good and 3 yrs + I think is a good recommendation.
See Rule #6

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2009, 07:21:06 PM »
Its kinda funny. Most X52 users have no problems. One guy's X52 broke and he was mad so I asked him, "Are you tough on it?". He replied he beat it up pretty bad. Problems with X52 are mostly from abuse and system problems. Now careful guys, I said most not all. I beat mine up pretty good and 3 yrs + I think is a good recommendation.

I beat mine up like I was trying to club a baby seal. It didn't work in terms of improving it! Didn't damage it at all surprisingly. Now my sidewinder just snapped off  :lol :mad: