Author Topic: Death (murder) of a Saitek  (Read 1337 times)

Offline xtyger

• Nickel Member
      • Fred's Humboldt Blog
Re: Death (murder) of a Saitek
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2009, 12:22:48 PM »
Perhaps a bit off- topic but here's a neat web site I found a while back that shows various joysticks and then gives you the prices various stores are selling them for:
http://www.shopwiki.com/search/PC+joysticks

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2009, 12:29:30 PM »
I had mine for 8 months then my dad stole mine and gave me his broken one.. just havnt been bothered to go out and get a new one yet.. but hey.. im still landing loads of kills with a broken stick  :lol :lol :lol

I hated they way I found out about the stick calibration not holding, I would climb out AFK, come back few minutes later and will be sitting in the tower going  :huh   even when I would hold level flight and turn away for a second and look back and I am nose diving to earth....  :lol

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline Tr0jan

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2009, 12:31:34 PM »
I hated they way I found out about the stick calibration not holding, I would climb out AFK, come back few minutes later and will be sitting in the tower going  :huh   even when I would hold level flight and turn away for a second and look back and I am nose diving to earth....  :lol

Happens to me all the time.. i have a trick to keep it slightly calibrated whilst i grab a beer or something

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2009, 01:43:23 PM »
Check the forum under Technical Support called, "X52 loses Calibration Often" probably the most help for ya. Had the same problem as you, its working fine now.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline Bubbajj

• Copper Member
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2009, 01:43:47 PM »
Uh, when they say 3 axis on the stick, don't they mean it's a twisty stick that has rudder on it? Roll, pitch,yaw?

Offline Bubbajj

• Copper Member
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2009, 01:44:59 PM »
Now ya tell me bosco, I think mine's gonna need a bit more than calibration help now.

Offline 68Wooley

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2009, 03:56:01 PM »
Only problem I ever had with the X52 was that the initial movement of the stick was a bit jerky - when trying to do that last bit of correction to your aim, I found it a PITA - especially in GV's. The CH Fighterstick I use now is much smoother on the X and Y axis.

On the other hand, the X52 is - to me - a far more comfortable stick to use with better button layouts. I even - gasp - preferred the programming software.

I'm still using the X52 throttle.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2009, 03:20:23 AM »
The next time you use 'Death (murder)' in your topic title you should include video.   :devil
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2009, 04:27:19 AM »
it started developing a nasty habbit of de-calibrating itself at the most inappropriate of times. It would suddenly screw up on the elevator axis. It would have very little input for about half the travel and then it would input full lock. This was very disturbing. Just try dogfighting with no elevator input but none and full and that about sums it up. I calibrated in game, in windows, to no avail. This was not looking good.

Not to bust your chops or anything, but you do realise that this is a power source problem for the X52s?

Some computers do not put out enough power from the standard USB ports resulting in exactly what you describe: periodic loss of calibration resulting in almost zero output from the mid-range of the joystick action (ie; it's either at idle or full input).

This problem is solved by buying a $20 powered USB hub which runs of a wall-socket power source.

I run my X52, gaming keyboard and iPod charger off my USB hub and since then I have not once had a problem with calibration.

You broke your joystick for nothing and just wasted $230.
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline iTunes

• Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2009, 12:54:16 PM »
I  went out and bought an Nsync CD and a Boyz to men CD just for the purpose of smashing them up, I understand the feeling of joy and liberation you  got :D
The Class Acts.
JG54 Grunherz
iTunes- UK's finest killer of ack huggers and runners, mixing business with girls and thrills.
JG54/ Manchester United- Nobody likes us-we don't care... Goes by the name of Wayne rooney http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW-47c_8J4c

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2009, 01:27:27 PM »
So, i finally took the plunge and ordered up a CH setup. 250ish dollars later (choke!) and the deed is done. Now I can't wait for it to show up. This is neat because the home site even offers spare parts and it has a two year warrantee. 

Saitek has a 2 year warranty too but just try to collect on it.  I did.  On hold until I finally gave up and hung up.  No response to e-mail.  I'm sure they realize no one's going to take them to court over it due to the product price/value.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline xtyger

• Nickel Member
      • Fred's Humboldt Blog
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2009, 01:58:20 PM »
Saitek has a 2 year warranty too but just try to collect on it.  I did.  On hold until I finally gave up and hung up.  No response to e-mail. 

I've returned at least 2 Saiteks. Received an RMA number via e- mail right away from them and got a fresh joystick within a week. One time they even gave me the more expensive Cyborg stick to replace the 290 I sent them.

They've been real good to me.

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2009, 02:01:01 PM »
Been using CH products to play this time of game for 18 years. Only time I've had to buy a new one is when I need an upgrade (like from analog to USB).

Hopefully, you will get service that good out of them. :)

i have problems with my peddals. not a bad one more then likely my own fault. however i have my breaks programed into the pedals everytime i log on i have to tap the left break and the right break. if i dont my breaks stay on and i creap down the runway. any idea on what i did wrong?
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2009, 02:20:08 PM »
Fixed my Cougar by buying an X52 Pro.................  :(
Fixed my X52 by buying a Cougar HOTAS  :rock
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2009, 02:35:09 PM »
i have problems with my peddals. not a bad one more then likely my own fault. however i have my breaks programed into the pedals everytime i log on i have to tap the left break and the right break. if i dont my breaks stay on and i creap down the runway. any idea on what i did wrong?

Sound to me like its throttle calibration and nothing to do with the brake peddals.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"