Author Topic: Alert we have a shade vulcher!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 8269 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Alert we have a shade vulcher!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2009, 04:47:13 AM »
When is HTC going to publicly make examples of these people.

Their scores should be deleted and some sort of "probation" should go into effect where they can't use the score system for 90 days or something.

(dunno why anybody is surprised about Masonz.  I've had him pegged for this exact type of behaviour from the get go)

If HTC gets proof of such behaviour (not via BBS!), they do lose score & perks. It's just not made public.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Banzzai

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2009, 04:52:00 AM »
the emil is starting to become a good buff hunter this tour aswell  :devil

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2009, 04:57:10 AM »
If HTC gets proof of such behaviour (not via BBS!), they do lose score & perks. It's just not made public.

That is half my point sir.

I know they will wipe their scores, but it's very "hush hush" and this type of behavior goes on.  (I would say this type of behavior has accelerated)

If someone stole something, and the police just privately took the item back and that was the end of it, we would have thefts galore, as there is really no consequence to the action.

Because they wipe the scores they obviously feel that this type of behavior is wrong.  Why not come right out and do something that will make people think twice about exhibiting this behaviour?  I am talking about making some examples, and doing it publicly.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2009, 05:04:38 AM »
Sad, all this pathetic behavior just to get perks.

ack-ack

and to think all they have to do is fly mid war to rack perks up. F4U-1 in there is a machine.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2009, 05:21:06 AM »

I know. I was just claryfing :)

But there's another side of the medal of HTC would make things public. If they would routinely announce "player XX has his perks been erased for YY" or "player xx has been found guilty of yy" is bad PR. It could easily give any casual visitor the impession that there's a LOT more things like this going on and any kind of gaming /cheating/whatever is a common thing in AH2 - which is not.

Of course, just my opinion.

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2009, 06:13:11 AM »

But there's another side of the medal of HTC would make things public. If they would routinely announce "player XX has his perks been erased for YY" or "player xx has been found guilty of yy" is bad PR. It could easily give any casual visitor the impession that there's a LOT more things like this going on and any kind of gaming /cheating/whatever is a common thing in AH2 - which is not.

Great point.

So is there a middle ground?

Or if we agree that 'public' might not be the best thing PR wise, is there an appropriate punishment?

Merely wiping their scores does nothing to stop the behavior in the future as we are seeing some of the same people doing this over and over again.  Not only that, it appears they are now enlisting others.

So what would be a good punishment for this?  Scores don't work for 90 days?  Loss of all perk points?  We are somewhat limited in choice so what could be done to prevent future behavior of this sort?

(edit: after some thought, making this behavior Public doesn't really do anything, because you have to have some self esteem for that to have any affect on ya', and these people are obviously lacking in self worth or they wouldn't be doing this in the first place)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 06:16:17 AM by WMLute »
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Tr0jan

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2009, 06:24:51 AM »

I know they will wipe their scores, but it's very "hush hush" and this type of behavior goes on.  (I would say this type of behavior has accelerated)

If someone stole something, and the police just privately took the item back and that was the end of it, we would have thefts galore, as there is really no consequence to the action.

Because they wipe the scores they obviously feel that this type of behavior is wrong.  Why not come right out and do something that will make people think twice about exhibiting this behaviour?  I am talking about making some examples, and doing it publicly.

Id say, name and shame those "cheating" give them a reason not to do it again.. not just take there perks  :rolleyes:

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2009, 06:43:47 AM »
interesting...I've never heard them talk about this.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline Grind

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2009, 06:57:08 AM »
How about creating a "Cheaters Arena"?  Those caught can't play anywhere else but there.  If they don't like that, they can leave.  I would like to see some sort of 8-player or maybe 16-player arenas.  8 on 8 furballs or 8 on 8 landgrabing would be fun.  At least you would be able to play the game with people with similar gaming interests.  The HOing, picking, running and hording in the MA is starting to get kinda stale IMHO.

<S>

A8Grind
“All your base are belong to us”

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2009, 07:06:46 AM »

The other side of the coin might be....  They see the game is heavily policed and punishment is handed out to the offenders. 

See Rule #4

Offline ColKLink

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2009, 07:12:28 AM »
WOW.  :rolleyes:,.....HE'S GOOD"...thats all he wants. Attaboy formation topside 16:30 daily.
Live each day like it's your last, and one day, you will be right.---- rush 2112,--->" and the sheep shall inherit the earth"......

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2009, 07:18:28 AM »
interesting...I've never heard them talk about this.
Some nice guys ya fly with there. :aok :rofl
See Rule #4

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2009, 07:30:13 AM »
remove all perks
unable to earn perks for 3 months
only fly bright yelllow p40 with LOSER written on wings  (will need a special skin made)
just a thought
 :salute
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2009, 07:32:39 AM »
remove all perks
unable to earn perks for 3 months
only fly bright yelllow p40 with LOSER written on wings  (will need a special skin made)
just a thought
 :salute
I like it. Or if a squad is found to have 2 members or more doing this the squad is automatically disbanded. I don't think to many legit CO'S would tolerate this & would put an end to it to keep a squad intact.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 07:40:59 AM by lyric1 »

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2009, 07:33:51 AM »
Just waiting for what Masonz has to say. He was a cool kid wile he was in my squad, but jeez, what a stupid thing for him to do when he knows that this is all going on.

I know for a fact that he won't leave the game though, even after we scrutinize him for this.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."