Author Topic: justice for Oscar grant  (Read 4667 times)

Offline E2hawkey

• Zinc Member
Re: justice for Oscar grant
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2009, 07:04:57 PM »
Calm down slug, you'll give yourself a heartattack!

Seems like someones had one to many cavity searches, or been frisked too hard.   ;)

On a serious note, if Oscar was maliciously shoot, without accident, then yes, the officer should be held to the same standard as we normal folk.  If it's proven that it was accidental though, he should still receive some sort of punishment.  As I've said though, it looked like he was struggling, which intensifies situations, even battle hardened pilots make profoundly harmful mistakes.  And the discharge of the weapon to me, indicates it was an accidental discharge.

BTW, I'll remind you of this: "They pursue this career" when you complain about your job, or whatever else you decide to complain about!   :D

The biggest thing that irritates me is the fact that the racial movement led by the moron tandem of Jesse Jackson & Al Sharpton.  Just because a African-American gets shot by a white man doesn't mean it's racially motivated.  I'm sure Jackson/Sharpton would have plenty of backdoor excuses if someone said "So when a African-American man rapes a white woman it's racially motivated."
there are three videos posted by onlookers if ya watched em there would be no debate here the cop shot in cold blood
sandman

Offline E2hawkey

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2009, 07:11:58 PM »
Don't know what you mean with 'muli safety' but Glock is famous for having only triggerhead safety meaning you can discharge it any time by pressing the trigger from the tip if it's cocked.

From the video it seemed like the security was under high pressure facing a half riot with loud music playing and a bunch of intoxicated zombies hovering around.
safety #1 stays in holster #2 finger not on trigger where safety#3 (some models pressure plate safety for & aft the grip)
 oh  and as far as the high pressure  with  drunkin zombies  around?!  your right  pull your gun cap the guy & show the rest whos in charge? good god people some of you look at what you say that could have been any one of us or our kids
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 07:17:29 PM by E2hawkey »
sandman

Offline DJ111

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2009, 07:14:16 PM »
safety #1 stays in holster #2 finger not on trigger where safety#3 (some models pressure plate safety for & aft the grip)
:huh
Retired CO of the ancient **Flying Monkeys** CT squadron.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2009, 07:20:33 PM »
BOTH hands visible..."yes officer....NO officer".....damn few bad things happen if ya start off that way.....poke a bear in the eye with a stick long enough and something will probably happen. Obviously that doesn't excuse what happened, but cops (and I frikkin HATE cops, more so as I get older....as they seem to spend a large part of their time in my area generating revenue off of honest people trying to go about their lives) don't arbitrarily pick people at random and shoot them
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2009, 07:22:35 PM »
 oh  and as far as the high pressure  with  drunkin zombies  around?!  your right  pull your gun cap the guy & show the rest whos in charge? good god people some of you look at what you say that could have been any one of us or our kids

From the video it looked like the guards had an impending attack from the crowd and the guy probably pulled his gun because of that. It went off accidentally from what I saw in the film.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline E2hawkey

• Zinc Member
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2009, 07:30:27 PM »
Apparently you're as blind as your grammar is bad.  

A person is quite capable of struggling with someone on top of them.  And if you watch closely, the look upon the officers face, it looks like an accidental discharge.  Observation.

Yep.  This man was quite the upstanding citizen and I doubt he'd NEVER cause a problem with police officers.

You are right on one thing though, he was an American.
Geeze since ya put it that way  i guess he hadit coming eh the look on the officers face was either oh watermelon i did it with all the people watching or dam i wish i had more bullets  you saw the expressionon his face uhm how still could you be with a knee in your neck and one in your back ya say ya saw the vids?
sandman

Offline DJ111

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2009, 07:43:17 PM »
Que dijo?
Retired CO of the ancient **Flying Monkeys** CT squadron.

Offline E2hawkey

• Zinc Member
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2009, 07:56:26 PM »
OK this test of opinions is over  it served my agenda  :D  thank you all for playing along
 opinions are still what they always were  (prettythang) oles everyones got em and they all stink  :salute
sandman

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2009, 08:31:35 PM »
BOTH hands visible..."yes officer....NO officer".....damn few bad things happen if ya start off that way.....poke a bear in the eye with a stick long enough and something will probably happen. Obviously that doesn't excuse what happened, but cops (and I frikkin HATE cops, more so as I get older....as they seem to spend a large part of their time in my area generating revenue off of honest people trying to go about their lives) don't arbitrarily pick people at random and shoot them

exactly what i said in the other forum......

cops generating revenue.  :rofl i have to go to court this tuesday, because i have my business name on my van. one of somerdales finest pulled me over because i didn't have commercial tags on it. i was such a danger to others, that it requires me to appear in court for this.  :rofl
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2009, 08:43:24 PM »
I'll take that over summary execution any day of the week.

I guess you feel guilty until proven innocent only applies to the LEO?  Maybe if we attach the same to the guy on the ground, he must have had it coming.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline Tango

• Silver Member
      • http://www.simpilots.org/
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2009, 08:45:32 PM »
good god people some of you look at what you say that could have been any one of us or our kids

I doubt that since MOST law abiding citizens wouldn't make the cops have to throw them down and have 2 or 3 of them wrestle with him just to get cuffs on him. If he had done what the cops had said, he would be alive today.

I'm not saying he deserved it, but he is the one that set up the situation.
Tango78
78th Razorbacks
Historical Air Combat Group

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2009, 08:54:03 PM »
I heard that the officer already resigned from the police so that he can take the 5th instead of testifying.  Is this true?
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline nirvana

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2009, 09:00:43 PM »
The way the officers reacted when the 2 of the suspects attempted to stand up seems to me they were starting to get a little aggressive.  If you've never been in the position to be handcuffed you might not know it, but it is indeed possible to struggle.  I personally would have done things differently in that situation.  Due to the crowd noise it's impossible to hear any conversation between the officers and the suspect which is usually a major part of cases such as this.

That being said there is never an excuse of accidental discharge of a weapon of any sort.  There is a lot of work that has to be done when an officer fires his gun lawfully.  To think he would fire his weapon at someone clearly not a threat is absurd.  The implications for doing such are career ending. 

It could have been any one of us, but there is almost always legislation and changes that come about when tragedies like this happen.  If you feel so strongly about this issue, Hawkey, there are ways to contact your representatives in your state and in Washington about it.

Sluggish-I dearly hope you were being sarcastic in your post.  That type of thinking is exactly the reason why the general population think they are losing their rights, because people can't behave in a responsible manner.  Take some time to gather your thoughts before posting on an emotional topic like this.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 09:07:22 PM by nirvana »
Who are you to wave your finger?

Offline sluggish

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2009, 09:09:18 PM »
I heard that the officer already resigned from the police so that he can take the 5th instead of testifying.  Is this true?
We have no way of knowing his reasoning but he has resigned his position and the police are hiding him for his protection.  Why they haven't arrested him is a question that is a telling tale.

Offline sluggish

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2009, 09:20:01 PM »
The way the officers reacted when the 2 of the suspects attempted to stand up seems to me they were starting to get a little aggressive.  If you've never been in the position to be handcuffed you might not know it, but it is indeed possible to struggle.  I personally would have done things differently in that situation.  Due to the crowd noise it's impossible to hear any conversation between the officers and the suspect which is usually a major part of cases such as this.

That being said there is never an excuse of accidental discharge of a weapon of any sort.  There is a lot of work that has to be done when an officer fires his gun lawfully.  To think he would fire his weapon at someone clearly not a threat is absurd.  The implications for doing such are career ending

It could have been any one of us, but there is almost always legislation and changes that come about when tragedies like this happen.  If you feel so strongly about this issue, Hawkey, there are ways to contact your representatives in your state and in Washington about it.

Sluggish-I dearly hope you were being sarcastic in your post.  That type of thinking is exactly the reason why the general population think they are losing their rights, because people can't behave in a responsible manner.  Take some time to gather your thoughts before posting on an emotional topic like this.
You're kidding, right?  Someone is dead and you're concerned about this idiots career?  Why the hell isn't this guy in jail?  If it was any non "LEO" they would have been locked up on the spot and already arraigned before a judge.  Instead his "brothers" are hiding him not only from a lynch mob, but also from justice. Their is NO excuse for this.  No sarcasm.  I meant every word of it and you have no right to brow beat me about my level of passion in this absolute miscarriage of justice.