Author Topic: Buddy lists  (Read 708 times)

Offline HAMMERR

• Zinc Member
Buddy lists
« on: January 11, 2009, 09:09:35 AM »
I figured this is kind of simple.  I want a tool both In-game and out of game where I can specify a "buddy list" rather than using the .f function.  In game it could be more than the .sr report in the lobby.  Maybe .bl ? Out of game it could be a simple web-page attached to your HTC account that simply displays who is in game and in what arena (the same as the .f command). 

The reason I thought of this was due to the fact that sometimes I am 50/50 as to if I'm going to fly and the presence of my buddies can often make the decision for me.

-Hammerr

Offline Unit791

• Copper Member
Re: Buddy lists
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 11:16:17 AM »
I like that idea  :aok
"Ideas are far more powerful than guns, we do not allow our enemies to have guns, why should be allow them to have ideas?"-
Josef Stalin

Mauser

Offline FYB

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009, 12:02:41 PM »
I figured this is kind of simple.  I want a tool both In-game and out of game where I can specify a "buddy list" rather than using the .f function.  In game it could be more than the .sr report in the lobby.  Maybe .bl ? Out of game it could be a simple web-page attached to your HTC account that simply displays who is in game and in what arena (the same as the .f command). 

The reason I thought of this was due to the fact that sometimes I am 50/50 as to if I'm going to fly and the presence of my buddies can often make the decision for me.

-Hammerr
What happens when your on different country's and you get ticked off?

Okay, im gonna put the 40oz down...

-FYB

Most skill based sport? -
The sport of understanding women.

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2009, 12:42:26 PM »
I'd really like to see this.  A popout from the clipboard where you can put a list of friends and it shows if they are online and in what arena.  It is tiresome to have to scroll through the roster every login or to have to try to .f any names that I'd like to fly with in hopes they are logged in.
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 03:02:52 PM »
I think to help with the griefers "a little" you should have to approve your name being added to someone's buddy list.
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2009, 09:51:12 PM »
I think to help with the griefers "a little" you should have to approve your name being added to someone's buddy list.

they can already .f and than .goto and .wingman to find you if they want to grief you.  This would make finding out of squad buddies a simple deal.  I guess their approval wouldn't hurt but I don't think it's a necessary step really.
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2009, 01:45:44 AM »
they can already .f and than .goto and .wingman to find you if they want to grief you.  This would make finding out of squad buddies a simple deal.  I guess their approval wouldn't hurt but I don't think it's a necessary step really.

not that I feel the need to hide from anybody but at least now they have to remember your handle.With the buddy system all they would have to do is type your name in once and the copmuter would remember it until the day it is deleted.

That really is the reason I say that it needs to be approved by whomever the handle belongs to. I know that these types of people who would use it for this type of purpose are few and far between but someone will most likely use it for that at least a few times.
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2009, 10:20:06 AM »
I agree, this would be a nice feature. Too bad we can't help out with a limited SDK. :P
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2009, 02:06:30 PM »
Sound Great

when I log in I usually have to do .f like 5 times to find no squad members
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2009, 02:58:02 PM »
Not a bad idea
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2009, 03:18:51 PM »
I didn't even know we had a .f

See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2009, 07:35:14 PM »
Sound Great

when I log in I usually have to do .f like 5 times to find no squad members

if you are looking for squad members just type .sr. This will search for all them at once.
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2009, 08:41:42 PM »
i like it. for times when you dont have a squad, dont feel like flyin with your squad or just want to know what buddies are online
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
HogDweeb

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2009, 02:34:53 PM »
Very good idea!  :aok
* I am the embodiment of Rule #14
* History is only recent.
* Stick and Stones won't break my bones, but names could "hurt" me.

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline HAMMERR

• Zinc Member
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2009, 06:35:32 PM »
Thanks for all the positive feedback everyone!  I'm really praying for this one.  :pray