Author Topic: White Phosphorus munitions a bad thing????  (Read 2125 times)

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
Re: White Phosphorus munitions a bad thing????
« Reply #75 on: January 16, 2009, 07:17:11 AM »
Tough call.........

WP munitions may be terrible but compared to the depleted uranium ammo we used in the Storm, makes WP look like snowballs.

While I appreciate your attempt to sound witty or even intelligent you have failed here.

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: January 16, 2009, 08:35:50 AM »
I say again, Israel does not recognise the state of Palestine. 96 states currently recognise the state of Palestine, Israel is not one of them. Please check your facts before calling me out.
Lets review you words then: You said "right to their own state", not an existing state. And by the way, while the PLO mumbles something about two states, Hamas refuses to acknowledge the right or Israel to exist in any area of the middle east. It is not a border dispute for them.

It is also strange that 96 states recognize the state of Palestine, because as far as I know, the Palestinian never declared independence. They keep threatening to do it, but know that if they do Israel would have every legal right to disconnect any relation with them, close the borders and they will loose their refugee status and all international aid that comes with it.
At least up to a year ago they were still only threatening:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7254434.stm

Try googling "palestinian declare independence": Should, could, may... I didn't find when they declared it.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 08:38:26 AM by bozon »
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: January 16, 2009, 12:33:32 PM »
PLO declared the State of Palestine in 1988. PNA proposes a future Palestinian State.

Hamas (and also PLO when it was originally formed) ultimately want a single Arab Palestinian State without Israel, including the expulsion of Jews from the territory. We can consider Hamas to be at the extreme of Palestinian opinion.

The extreme of Israeli opinion also ultimately want a single state solution - Israel and the expulsion of all Arabs from the region (this includes Gaza and the West Bank, not sure about their plans for Golan or indeed Lebanon).

The PNA and Israeli moderates both propose a 2 state solution.

I cant help feeling that most Palestinians in both Gaza and the West bank would very happy indeed if Israel closed its borders (assuming that the borders are defined by the green line), but only if they also withdrew their occupying army as well. At the moment the borders are effectively closed to Palestinians and open to Israelis.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 12:36:01 PM by RTHolmes »
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #78 on: January 16, 2009, 02:08:29 PM »
If you decide to pick a fight with a gorilla in a cage, and taunt and poke, and taunt and poke...the day the cage door swings open, expect the gorilla to exact a great measure of beat down on you.

It's no different in Gaza.

ROX