Author Topic: TrackIR  (Read 323 times)

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
TrackIR
« on: January 14, 2009, 10:24:35 AM »
I was trying to get some squadies to try the F4U1A last night. One of them said he couldn't see out of the back of it. I told him to move the seating position forward and then left or right to preference. He said he couldn't because TrackIR won't let him adjust it. Is there a way to change seating positions with TrackIR? I don't have it so I really don't know.

Thanks all.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
Re: TrackIR
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 11:52:03 AM »
If you have the 6DOF (six degrees of freedom) enabled, all you do is move your head forward/back, up/down or left/right to move your virtual head in the cockpit.  Very intuitive and works great.  I have very little trouble with any airplane's out-of-cockpit views.

You may have to ensure the "plane relative motion" or whatever is set right or your left/right will be reversed when looking backwards.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 11:40:19 PM »
I've heard there is a glitch in the F4U's with the track-ir... some settings had to be manually adjusted to make it work properly..

I don't have TrackIR, but I know it's out there in the threads somewhere.. try searching.

Offline Bino

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 07:34:03 AM »
I have the older TrackIR3 with the 6DOF add-on, and I don't much much trouble seeing *almost* to the tail of the Corsair. >shrug<

The "improved" Hellcat is another matter, entirely...  :(

"The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data'." - Randy Pausch

PC Specs

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 09:06:34 AM »
I have the older TrackIR3 with the 6DOF add-on, and I don't much much trouble seeing *almost* to the tail of the Corsair. >shrug<

The "improved" Hellcat is another matter, entirely...  :(

:rofl :rofl :rofl And you would think you could sneak up on Greebo. When I'm flying an f6 I always say I'm blind and who is behind me now.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter