Author Topic: Why are they leaving?  (Read 9491 times)

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Re: Why are they leaving?
« Reply #255 on: January 18, 2009, 01:03:11 PM »
I download to much pr0n and do too much work from home to have time to play.
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #256 on: January 18, 2009, 03:01:48 PM »
i aint played much since the announcement that TOD/CT was canned. seems the game is getting less and less tactical and more and more quake like.
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #257 on: January 18, 2009, 03:09:54 PM »
Depends on who you compare him to. We used to have a hospital here where the worst of the worst psychotic criminals were housed and other assorted, variable, Loons who posed great danger to society. Compared to them Death comes off a star, a regular "June Cleaver" freshly scrubbed and powdered.

Apples and oranges. This guy thought a dog was telling him to go out and shoot people in the face with a .44
(Image removed from quote.)

And then compared to Death. See my point?
(Image removed from quote.)

...actually, you are comparing a real world socio-path with a TV mom.....trying to make an analogy to a computer game comparison. BTW, you might wanna stop listening to your dog.   :devil

NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #258 on: January 19, 2009, 08:19:14 AM »
Meanwhile if you are flying a single shot plane, you simply can not put the same amount of lead in the air, which makes each miss more of an impact over the course of a tour.

While your statement is true, your conclusion is not supported by the statement. Just as you think each miss will have a greater impact on your hit %, each hit will also have a bigger impact on RAISING you hit %. So while the standard deviation is greater in a slower fire rate plane, your statement that planes like the p51 have an advantage do to fire rate is false.

HiTech
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 09:09:57 AM by hitech »

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #259 on: January 19, 2009, 08:36:27 AM »
falls = false     :aok
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #260 on: January 19, 2009, 09:22:41 AM »
falls = false     :aok

Ok..that being said.....

do=due  :aok

NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #261 on: January 19, 2009, 09:29:11 AM »
 :rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline ODBAL

• Silver Member
« Reply #262 on: January 19, 2009, 09:43:39 AM »
Ok..that being said.....

do=due  :aok

I gotta take do due
ODBAL

39th FS "Cobra in the Clouds"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Armed & Lubricated)

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #263 on: January 19, 2009, 09:45:30 AM »
i think they need to go back to small maps the big ones are just to big to be used during the day when there is only 200 people in the arena and if it was one there would be 400 people on during the day
i think it has to do with the arena splitting and the size of the maps to hard to find a good fight

I think we should have small maps only in EW and MW plus LW should always offer a small and a large map. This means a choice in LW and I doubt anyone wants big maps in EW and MW.
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 19, 2009, 09:52:23 AM »
I think we should have small maps only in EW and MW plus LW should always offer a small and a large map. This means a choice in LW and I doubt anyone wants big maps in EW and MW.

I never have seen a large map in EW or MW
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #265 on: January 19, 2009, 10:25:07 AM »
I was wondering if the economy had anything to do with it?  A lot of people out of work $180.00 a year for a game might not be in people's budgets anymore.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Hoarach

• Gold Member
« Reply #266 on: January 19, 2009, 10:41:01 AM »
My problem is that it used to be that when you took a long break and come back to AH you would find yourself to be struggling to fight how you used to and be able to compete in a fight.  I come back after a 5 month break due to college and decide to fly during winter break a little.  I found that there was no challenge after those 5 months and I didn't find myself struggling that much to what I was used in face I was still able to compete in the 3v1s and this is not what I am used to when I have taken breaks before.  To me this is the biggest frustration in the game for me is the skill level has diminished drastically and when there is no challenge I don't find it to be much fun.

There are way too many people that want to race for the altitude and see who can get higher to do the gangpicking/cherry picking and run away when a fight gets to a point where they will get close to a challenge in their picking.  I have seen this being done in planes such as hurris and spits and imo is getting pretty lame.  Majority of the time that I flew during my winter break I had to face this lame gangpicking and the game just kept getting more discouraging and I refuse to climb to the extremely high altitudes that they fly as I rarely fly above 10k.  When getting gangpicked over an enemy base at 10k its pretty sad.  A gangpick shouldn't take more than 20 seconds to shoot someone down especially with a gang of 7 picking on 1 but when surviving for 2-3 minutes and they still cant shoot you down its evident that this skill level has diminished way too much to be enjoyable.

People are way too worried about their scores and stats and imo is what is ruining the game as well as the race to reset as mentioned before.  The timidity in the game is just so frustrating that finding a good fight is hard.  Im not talking about a massive hoard vs hoard where its full of gangpicking but rather a fight where people are of equal alts usually nothing higher than 8k and having a good fight granted they still occur but happen so rarely that its more likely to see hell freeze over first.

I haven't decided if I will come back in May when college gets out but if the gameplay doesn't improve I don't see myself staying long.
Fringe
Nose Art
80th FS "Headhunters"

Secret Association of P38 Pilots

Offline Baine

• Copper Member
« Reply #267 on: January 19, 2009, 09:00:33 PM »
Been playing this game a long time. Been playing other flying games longer.
I no longer fly nearly as much. Most is computer/game issues. I get screen freezes and stutters at all the wrong times, seem to lose every collision, even when hit from behind, and seem to get shut down by ENY the few times a month I do log on. With so much else going on in life, AH no longer seems worth the hassles.
Only reason I keep my account is 'cause I like spending a couple of hours each week with the guys that I've met through the game.
If I was new to flying, none of this would probably matter. I still remember just how cool the whole concept of flying online with real people was. But now, the hassles of logging in and dealing with all the "improvements" made to the game over the years just isn't worth it unless it is squad night.

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
« Reply #268 on: January 22, 2009, 09:38:11 AM »

If all the Old timers leave, this game is done.
  I dont really see this as true.Theres gonna be more and more quake mentality players coming in and they will all be happy chest thumping all the gaming the game that goes on.Not that this didnt happen in AW any.It did but on a much smaller scale,and it was looked down on.Now its the norm.Thats what changed.The mentality of the average player is score motivated and vidio gaming promotes that.This has become less of a simulation orientated game and more of a score oriented game with all the "afraid to get in there and put it on the line" action.
 Pretty dam sad to see this happen but its not HT's fault.Its the gaming industry as a whole.
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline Fugita

• Nickel Member
« Reply #269 on: January 22, 2009, 09:51:48 AM »
I'll tell you what. I'm in week three of my break and I feel great.

The first week was horrible, but after that I didn't think about it very much. I still have my account so I know I can play anytime I want. And knowing that, I don't feel so obsessed.

I'm thinking maybe this weekend would be a good time to up once again.  :salute