Author Topic: N1K decline  (Read 1718 times)

Offline klingan

• Gold Member
Re: N1K decline
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2009, 08:00:40 AM »
I've noticed this too. IMO the N1K was the easiest 5 ENY plane to kill too, hopefully those N1K drivers are trying to learn something other than a 5 ENY plane (or maybe they just went to the spit 16)  :rolleyes:

Nope, Im going to keep flying my N1K :D :P

The Few GFC

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2009, 08:17:11 AM »
Perhaps it is actually just a question of usage not increasing with the addition of new players.  First time a 2 weeker tries to land a N1Ki, and loses their tail section they will go with something else and never fly that Japanese fighter again!!!

Just a thought.

How about getting some stats on total # of players playing and then compare it to the data of the N1Ki.......................   :pray
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2009, 08:23:58 AM »
But aren't you fellas glad that the new trend isn't P-51s and 190Ds like it was mid last year?

The trend is still there, and even bigger than before. In current tour, P51D has almost 10% of all plane kills&deaths. I think that's the highest share any plane had in the last 3 years.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2009, 08:58:06 AM »
How about getting some stats on total # of players playing and then compare it to the data of the N1Ki.......................   :pray

Why?  The idea is to show proportion, not absolute numbers.  But based on the K+D in the arenas there's fewer people in the arenas in the fall than during Summer.  Now, that would make me say "aha!" about the N1K, "it's a squeaker ride!," but it's K/D goes down too, which is the opposite of what I'd expect once all the squeakers are in school, i.e. lots of noobs flying it who don't know what they're doing brings the K/D down.

Fow now I'm sticking with the Update explanation: some small changes have been made that make the N1K slightly less competitive, just like the La-7 and 262.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 09:00:54 AM by Anaxogoras »
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2009, 09:16:33 AM »
 :huh

Did I not say it right?  Oh no, I did.  Correlating the total number of players and total number of N1Ki's gives you proportion data.   Which can be compared to this time last year.  Which will give a better data set as to whether or not the N1Ki is in decline. 
Why?  The idea is to show proportion, not absolute numbers.
See Rule #4

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2009, 09:27:07 AM »
Sorry for the misinterpretation. :o
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2009, 09:32:28 AM »
You never have to apologize Anaxogoras...... You're a fine gent and we all read these things fast at times.  <S>
Sorry for the misinterpretation. :o
See Rule #4

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2009, 09:57:23 AM »
Nope, Im going to keep flying my N1K :D :P

Go for it, they don't seem to give me too much trouble
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2009, 11:03:29 AM »
But aren't you fellas glad that the new trend isn't P-51s and 190Ds like it was mid last year?

No. For three reasons.

1. I'd actually heard of P-51s and even "long nose" 190s before I started this game.

2. At least they are not what Zazen calls "hyper-modeled HOing dragonflies" with which any noob can win by honking back on the stick really hard and spraying at every opportunity. Say what you will about P-51s, I've never had one swap ends and HO me from a six pursuit inside D800.

3. I don't have much problem with airplanes running away from me. Possibly because I am not usually flying one of the planes described in point two.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2009, 11:48:21 AM »
The Spitfire Mk.16 replaces all !

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2009, 11:50:52 AM »
The trend is still there, and even bigger than before. In current tour, P51D has almost 10% of all plane kills&deaths. I think that's the highest share any plane had in the last 3 years.

That's because all P51D drivers are picking tarts. :D

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2009, 11:53:25 AM »
No. For three reasons.

1. I'd actually heard of P-51s and even "long nose" 190s before I started this game.

2. At least they are not what Zazen calls "hyper-modeled HOing dragonflies" with which any noob can win by honking back on the stick really hard and spraying at every opportunity. Say what you will about P-51s, I've never had one swap ends and HO me from a six pursuit inside D800.

3. I don't have much problem with airplanes running away from me. Possibly because I am not usually flying one of the planes described in point two.
Your self rightousness is showing.

There are a great many aircraft that the P-51D and Fw190D-9 easily stroll away from that are not N1K2-Js or Spitfire Mk XVIs.

Your mischaracterizations are pathetic.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2009, 12:22:21 PM »
That's because all P51D drivers are picking tarts. :D
Yay!  My B-model is excluded!!! :D
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2009, 12:32:45 PM »
I see a coloration with school... :aok

:rofl :rofl There's some irony there!  :rofl :rofl

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2009, 03:11:04 PM »
The Spitfire Mk.16 replaces all !

Ding ding ding! We have a correct answer!

No reason to take a n1k2 with fishy ballistics, worse turning, slower roll rate when the uber bogus spixteen rules the skies in far greater numbers.

Newbie gets killed by 20 spits, starts flying spits, finds he gets more kills than before, stays with spits.