Author Topic: Spitfires and the British  (Read 1705 times)

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
Re: Spitfires and the British
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2009, 05:27:56 AM »
Not so sure about that I think there was a Battle called??  ah??? what was it?? don't help me I will get it. June 1940 I think it was?? Oh yeah the Battle of Britain. Seem to think the British pretty much solved the long term answer of what language was to be spoken at that point. Oh yeah when was it before the USA entered the fray?

:lol looks like we have a pretty good "second bite"! I'd say Lyric is the winner, though! ;)

Great thread, Uptown.... now gimme an aerobatic biplane fighter with fancy paint schemes! :D
Live to fly, fly to live!

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2009, 05:37:47 AM »
Great thread, Uptown.... now gimme an aerobatic biplane fighter with fancy paint schemes! :D

CR.42 to AH! :)  :aok
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2009, 10:05:25 AM »
The current form book for this P51D matchup would suggest myself as a short favourite. 

All kills in Pony D since we both started playing  (thanks Spatula  :aok)

Uptown      Kills  2206  Deaths 1252   K/D 1.76
Bruv119     Kills  2459   Deaths 171     K/D 14.30

We have to duke this out uptown I can't have people making fun of Her Majesty's subjects when it comes down to P51 flying,  I love that plane and if I win you have to fly Spitfires for a whole month.   :D

I don't think his CO will allow him to fly a Spit for the entire month some how. http://www.brauncomustangs.org/site/

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2009, 10:17:00 AM »
I think this is the first true "bite."
.sad that you dodnt read more

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2009, 10:19:10 AM »
How about we warp back in time and have the US not enter into WW2....how ya like me now?  If that happened my fine Brit friend you would be speaking german now.
you too

Offline stroker71

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2009, 10:59:03 AM »
When I first read the very first post I chuckled and thought what a fun thread.  So I posted and had to defend what I said from people who don't get it.  No I didn't put  :rofl or anything.  But from the feel of the first post I assumed (yes I know what that means) that it was all in fun! 
Back to DuHasst
Here since tour 84
Quote by Uptown "It's one thing to play the game...quite another to live there."

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2009, 11:09:59 AM »
The current form book for this P51D matchup would suggest myself as a short favourite. 

All kills in Pony D since we both started playing  (thanks Spatula  :aok)

Uptown      Kills  2206  Deaths 1252   K/D 1.76
Bruv119     Kills  2459   Deaths 171     K/D 14.30

We have to duke this out uptown I can't have people making fun of Her Majesty's subjects when it comes down to P51 flying,  I love that plane and if I win you have to fly Spitfires for a whole month.   :D

In looking at these stats, it's appears that I am in fact the clear underdog. But if one would look at how the #keys are positioned on the keyboard, it is clear to me that your cockney tea tipping typing fingers hit two keys at once resulting in a 14 instead of a 1 as you intended.

Secondly, if the above stats are accurately displayed, a bribery investigation must be conducted at once. For I submit that Spatula was promised tawdry English tarts and Her Majesty's finest light ale for such blantant and downright obscene manipulation of our esteemed stats and scoring page.

Thirdly, I contend the Spatula is in fact a English agent and is involved in a conspiracy to fill the skys of AH2 with Spitfires and other British weapons of war in an effort to dominate AH2 and the world as a whole. This will not stand, as we will fight to the last man to crush the English rebellion and defeat the redcoats once and for all. :furious
Lighten up Francis

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2009, 11:15:12 AM »
When I first read the very first post I chuckled and thought what a fun thread.  So I posted and had to defend what I said from people who don't get it.  No I didn't put  :rofl or anything.  But from the feel of the first post I assumed (yes I know what that means) that it was all in fun! 
Do not be alarmed sir. This is clearly the work of MI6  :noid
Lighten up Francis

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2009, 12:34:59 PM »
I believe thou wast smote/smited with a glove of challenge uptown
now step up and duel, foils, pistols or 51`s??
the honor of the american colony is in your hands.
I have full faith in Brother Bruv to defend the realm from such torrid accusations & slander,
And be victorious for Queen, country and beer!
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline The Fury

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2009, 12:37:10 PM »
I have full faith in Brother Bruv to defend the realm from such torrid accusations & slander,

LMAO  :rofl

Well said.
The Few
England    www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
The Few  (Tour 77)                                                                                            Currently Flying as Fury

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2009, 12:45:26 PM »
Lighten up Francis

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2009, 03:35:26 PM »
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2009, 05:32:43 PM »
Better not let the yanks fly the pony, after all it was designed for an RAF specification. Oh and didn't the Fleet Air Arm teach the yanks you could land Corsairs (Hawgs) on carriers?

Offline Borsuk

• Zinc Member
      • 5th SFG SOAR Squad Website
« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2009, 05:36:05 PM »
You mean there were allied planes in WW2 that weren't spits, hurri's, mossies and lancs. Always wondered what the Ex Colonials flew.  :)

No offence to our neighbours across the pond.  :salute

Though if we use Imadot's suggestion of you only fly your IP address I'm stuffed as I live in Spain, work in the ME and South America, I think that qualifies me to fly a parachute

Borsuk
No job too small, no fee too large
"Anything I promise when drunk is sacred. Anthing I promise when sober may be reneged on" Harry Carey Jr.
5th SFG S.O.A.R.