Author Topic: All hail...  (Read 7756 times)

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
Re: All hail...
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2009, 07:48:40 PM »
if an NOE comes in and the base is totally undefended its purely the fault of the defenders (or lack there of)..

why are NOEs so effective?

well it plays out as such:

somebody types "A23 is flashing"  but they themselves don't go there.. figuring someone else will go, they called it out, did their part.

then as it keeps flashing..  those hundred plus people who saw the message that A23 is flashing, ignore it,  figuring others will respond, they are buisy.

finally as the mission "hits" someone goes to the tower and says "ALERT NOE! A23" by then the base is capped and the town is getting obliterated..  even then almost nobody upps for the last ditch effort at defense..

probably because they already logged out to come make a post about how lame NOEs are  :aok

As I have always said...

If you don't want the bad guys to fight back, ya' might as well play offline and capture fields to your heart content.

THIS game is about combat.

Specifically Aerial Combat.

Why so many people fly around trying to avoid bad guys is beyond me.

Never understood it.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2009, 07:49:50 PM »
Somebody is insufficiently disinterested in the outcome of the "war" IMHO. :devil

OTOH, I am beginning to think that DAR indicators should go all the way to the soil. The smash and grab NOE thing is just incessant. You might see some fights at more realistic alts and more realistic mission types if NOEs weren't far and away the easiest way to grab a base.

you wont see realistic attacks so long as you dont see the unrealistic defense..  I.E.  mission inbound.. everybody up LA7s and blast right through and past the formation of fighters and bombers and fine and kill the Goon.. sure you might get show down 10 or 11 times in the process, but you just re-up blaze in, die, till someone shoots down or rams the goon(s) and the entire mission is a total bust.

thats a BIG part of why people choose NOE..  it gives you a chance to sneak in the goon before the defenders can launch their kamikaze attacks on it.

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2009, 07:53:37 PM »
As I have always said...

If you don't want the bad guys to fight back, ya' might as well play offline and capture fields to your heart content.

Never understood it.

NOEs are not about AVOIDING the fight, its about getting a reasonable advantage to give the mission a good chance of success..  if there is 0 resistance, the fault lies with the defenders, there is ample warning.

I guess a written invitation and 20 min warning to the defenders should be made.  make sure everyone knows whats comeing and when..  that would be REALLY realistic  :lol

Offline toonces3

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2009, 07:56:47 PM »
I particularly like the 110's winging with N1K's.

I tell you, the immersion meter must have been pegged.
"And I got my  :rocklying problem fix but my voice is going to inplode your head" -Kennyhayes

"My thread is forum gold, it should be melted down, turned into minature f/a-18 fighter jets and handed out to everyone who participated." -Thrila

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2009, 07:57:51 PM »
POTW is always Knight. Nice try at pointing fingers. No points this round. :rofl

I didn't say POTW were the squads pictured however the attitude is all the same.

Oink!
-AoM-

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2009, 07:58:12 PM »
When my (insert squad/country here) decides to roll a base; it's fine. If another (insert squad/countryhere) does it, it makes me cry  :cry :cry

(Image removed from quote.)

Fixed.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 07:59:49 PM by Max »

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2009, 07:59:31 PM »
I mean....if you're going to do an NOE raid do it right...like all planes from one country (110s and 190s/38s, 51s, 47/or my personal favorite = Mossies, Typhs, and Spits, with the occassional faithful Boston pilots)
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2009, 08:00:00 PM »
Fixed.

Seen SkyRock flying a goon lately?  :devil But no, it's not fine. It's leading to the detriment of game play.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 08:01:36 PM by Scotch »
-AoM-

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2009, 08:01:59 PM »
He's been demoted to C-47's??? Horrido!

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2009, 08:02:24 PM »
As I have always said...

Never understood it.

How hard is it to understand?

Some guys like takin bases, some guys don't. So what? Who cares?

From all I've read on these BBs, the guys who don't, always act like they are superior players .

You would think that if it bothered them so much, they would pay a little more attention. (SA)

Pretty funny really.

There are some real opportunities for great fights lost in not upping to defend against an noe attack.

I mean really!! How sneaky can it really be?

1st the town starts flashin, then the base starts flashing!!

How much more of an alarm is needed?

The real question is--Why don't the bad guys up and defend??

If no-one ups to defend a flashing base, it most certainly can't be blamed on the noe attack!

Jeeez, they gave ya enough notice!
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2009, 08:06:05 PM »
Someone must have upped against 30:1 odds to get those screen shots...
That must've been an awesome furball. What with such even sides and all.
-AoM-

Offline simshell

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2009, 08:07:20 PM »
maybe some people enjoy that type of play

and some like to fight in furballs

am sure Hitech has no issues about it
as long as they pay

they can bomb and take undefended fields to there hearts content
known as Arctic in the main

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2009, 08:07:37 PM »
I think you should have to fight your way to total air and/or ground superiority if you want the base.

What in real-life would be called a "quagmire" is what constitutes a good fight in the AHII main.

So, long live the Zap Brannigan school of strategic command! Which finds its most glorious exposition in AHII at the hands of the Bishops!

"You see, Killbots have a preset killing limit. Knowing their weakness, I sent wave after wave of my own men at them, until they reached their limit and shut down."

EDIT: Big thanks to Scotch for starting a thread which gives me an excuse to quote "Futurama".

you wont see realistic attacks so long as you dont see the unrealistic defense..  I.E.  mission inbound.. everybody up LA7s and blast right through and past the formation of fighters and bombers and fine and kill the Goon.. sure you might get show down 10 or 11 times in the process, but you just re-up blaze in, die, till someone shoots down or rams the goon(s) and the entire mission is a total bust.

thats a BIG part of why people choose NOE..  it gives you a chance to sneak in the goon before the defenders can launch their kamikaze attacks on it.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 08:29:35 PM by BnZs »
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2009, 08:11:32 PM »
Somebody is insufficiently disinterested in the outcome of the "war" IMHO. :devil

OTOH, I am beginning to think that DAR indicators should go all the way to the soil. The smash and grab NOE thing is just incessant. You might see some fights at more realistic alts and more realistic mission types if NOEs weren't far and away the easiest way to grab a base.

Yea that's not a bad idea..
"strafing"

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2009, 08:13:35 PM »

How hard is it to understand? <SNIP>

Oh Puleeeez Boner1...stop boring us with your common sense.  :aok