Author Topic: All hail...  (Read 7816 times)

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
Re: All hail...
« Reply #120 on: January 18, 2009, 05:24:20 PM »
odd, I coulda sworn I was on last night and the war was still going on...

It was the green stamp arena that we won.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #121 on: January 18, 2009, 07:15:34 PM »
All I got to add is  :rofl at hitech's spelling before spellcheck.. 

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #122 on: January 18, 2009, 08:09:34 PM »
[Randomthought]Seems like the LWAs are becoming the type of place that lead to the original split of the MA.  Perhaps a LW Red or Yellow is in the works. [/Randomthought]

Please don't take away the NOE Hordelettes -- I need the easy kills.   :cry
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline Borsuk

• Zinc Member
      • 5th SFG SOAR Squad Website
« Reply #123 on: January 18, 2009, 10:33:20 PM »
maybe u guys should be looking at the defenders.

the amount of times i find one of these missions 25miles out, yet 5minutes later im still the only defender.... i find a good defence is much more fun than almost anything.

I agree with Overlag. We have all seen it, how many times have you all upped to defend a flashing base to find your the only defender until it is almost hopeless to defend then 10 friendlies suddenly spawn at the last minute to help.
Or in many cases try to spawn too late so when you get killed for the last time you find 15 guys in the tower whinging  about losing the base.
If people leave defense of a base untill the last minute don't be surprised if you lose it regardless of whether it is a 5 aircraft noe or 50 aircraft. The time to defend is when it first starts flashing so you can intercept well out from the base and have enough advantage to have better than 1:1 loss factor. A 110 on the deck is pretty much at a disadvantage from any fighter with some alt, even crap pilots like me in a zero can take out a 110 if I have E.
Also that far out if you do get shot down you can re-up before the raiders are in vulching distance and have a second go, he may have 2 sectors to fly to reach the same point.

Admittedly some guys are busy elsewhere but on a busy night there must be more than 1 guy available for defence.
If you wait till they are taking out the airbase then tough titty, you lose the base mostly through your countries indifference, not because of the enemies overwhelming numbers. On a 1:1 ratio defenders are at an advantage as they can respawn and be in attack range a lot faster than the aggressors, CV's on the doorstep excepted.

If you don't defend the base then don't whinge about losing it. If you are a lone defender then whinge to your countrymen. If you are on one of the big maps, honestly who cares, I've never seen one of these reset by base captures, I think most of the time HTC reset it themselves because they are as sick of the same map day after day as we are.

On another subject. Why does the word for a female canine in my post keep changing to puppy??????, whinge substituted for female canine. Is this the thought police or just firefox's spellchecker

<S>
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 10:40:07 PM by Borsuk »
Borsuk
No job too small, no fee too large
"Anything I promise when drunk is sacred. Anthing I promise when sober may be reneged on" Harry Carey Jr.
5th SFG S.O.A.R.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #124 on: January 18, 2009, 10:38:44 PM »
First one is most likely Rolling Dweeblets and second is probably one of Limbo0's missions.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #125 on: January 18, 2009, 10:54:09 PM »
You know its funny....

Some guys would look at those screens and say: "Wow! What game is that, are those all real people? No AI? OMG look at all those tanks and planes! I have to try this game"

There is a reason we play online here, real people to fight. If that means that when I choose to put myself infront of an offensive manned by 20+ players that I get slaughtered, so be it. It also means when i am flying with a little more advantage than an IL2 at a vulched airfield there are plenty of targets to shoot or tanks to bomb, and real people looking to kill me.
 AH2 has about one of the best ratios of price/player base/arena size of any game out there now. Logging in to the MA is like joining an organism of its own, where we become white blood cells forming the greater being. Its not about 1on1, or the individual's existance, it is only about the entity of the MA itself which none of us controls personally.
 We can either accept that the MA is not the place to get the 1on1 fix, log in and kick some tail, have a laugh with our friends then log off and forget about it.....or we can keep arguing about it here....wasting precious seconds that could be spent shaping the MA pro-actively.

Constantly pointing out the negative aspects of life is a really childish trait. We all fall for it now and then, but we learn not to do it all the time. We keep out negative thoughts locked away for the right time, when it can actualy mean soemthing. No social groups like a negative and sceptical group member. Its that simple. It doesnt matter how true what we whine about is, all we do is detract from the fun of the group as a whole. Not to mention jepordise the future of the environment the group as a whole thrives in.

not aimed at anyone just a general negative and sceptical opinion from me to you.

And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #126 on: January 18, 2009, 11:29:58 PM »
oh what I would pay to have all those ground pounders all bunched up within 10 feet of each other and drop the Volkswagen from under the stuka right on their heads...that would make my day  :devil

Off Topic...
Coors slacking... only 1 smiley......   
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #127 on: January 18, 2009, 11:33:34 PM »
Admittedly some guys are busy elsewhere but on a busy night there must be more than 1 guy available for defence.

Here's a thought. Next time you up one of your valiant 1 person defenses...check the roster and see how many of your countrymen are NOT in flight. Then note how many other fields are under attack. I've seen guys beg for help before....and there simply be no one to help. But then, I prefer to fly on a low number side.

BTW, there is a text parser in the BBS software. Use prohibited words and it will substitute more appropriate ones for you.

NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
« Reply #128 on: January 18, 2009, 11:36:16 PM »
Has anyone actually won the virtual "war" in AH...ever?  I always have a base to up from...always.
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #129 on: January 18, 2009, 11:39:00 PM »

BTW, there is a text ptomator in the BBS software. Use prohibited words and it will substitute more appropriate ones for you.

just look what it done to my sig
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #130 on: January 19, 2009, 03:26:02 AM »
The reason people don't investigate a flashing base is that it means one of two things.  Most likely a single enemy unit got within the radius to activate the flashing and you get to fly around looking for it, probably unsuccessfully, or you run into a horde and are outnumbered by 30 to 1.  Sure, in the second case you can report it, but it is usually too late to up fighters and have enough E to engage with reasonable success so the defenders end up in GVs.

For those of us who like to do air-to-air combat the flashing base is pretty much a lose-lose scenario, so we ignore it.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #131 on: January 19, 2009, 06:11:01 AM »
BTW, there is a text ptomator in the BBS software.

lol yes there is :D
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #132 on: January 19, 2009, 07:05:29 AM »
I think the point some are trying to make in here ( well maybe just mine) is not trying to gain sympathy for the defenders, but wondering why these guys on the offensive that have 30-40 need to use EVERY tactic possible to AVOID contact? The only fight you get when you fly in with 40 freindlies is with the guy in green. This may constitute "fun" once in a while, but Ive been logged on where its just constant sortie after sortie where these guys just pile drive real estate. doesnt it get boring?
Whats even better is once the tactic gets challenged in any sort of way...they disapear and its rinse and repeat and behold..theres another base flashing.
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #133 on: January 19, 2009, 09:26:16 AM »

BTW, there is a text ptomator in the BBS software. Use prohibited words and it will substitute more appropriate ones for you.

Now that's funny!!  :rofl  Guess they don't like folks taking about parsing text :)

NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Patches1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #134 on: January 19, 2009, 10:39:04 AM »
I've read through many BBS postings which seem to have a common theme...furballers vs toolshedders...and this thread seems to qualify even though veiled in the, "Win the War" , war, found in various other threads, and disguised under the NOE cloth.

Some posts ask for more hardening of the CVs and Ammo Bunkers, and of adding more Barracks to Air Fields and more lethal base ack to discourage single fighter-bombers and formation bombers from taking out the Air Base Targets, and the CVs, all of which purportedly ruins good fights. Many posts encourage eliminating score altogether, and others propose raising Perk levels on various aircraft to encourage the use of lesser ENY aircraft, which, according to some posts will encourage new folks to learn good BFM and ACM.

I agree (sarcasm mode on)! Let's do this! Let's make it harder to capture bases so that it takes more people, and more firepower, and more ordnance to capture a base, undefended, or not. Let's encourage the growth of,  " The Horde " , about which many Posters seem to be in angst. Let's keep calling each other "furballers", "toolshedders", "win-the-war-types", "GVers"! Let's continue to fracture the Community under whatever name we can derogatorily manufacture that drives us further apart from each other! Yes, let's do this! I agree! Or, perhaps, we may try a different road (sarcasm mode off)...one less derogatory...one that leads us as a Community to single, united term...Combatants.

An Idea: make Perks harder to attain! Make it worth an individual's effort to learn BFM and ACM in a figher, or fighter-bomber, make it worth the effort of an individual to learn a more complicated method of bombing; give less recognition to winning the war and base capture and GV spawn camping. It used to be that everyone online in a Country during a reset of a map won by that Country would receive 25 perk points in all categories. Is this still true? If so, let's cut that amount to 5 perk points per category. And, let's perk the Bomber Formations so that it takes, let's say, 5 perk points for each additional bomber (5 for 1, 10 for 2) to a maximum of a 3 Bomber Formation (total 10 for the formation...loadout?). Now, let's say that to attain Bomber perks you must fly milkruns against Strat Targets and the greater your altitude and accuracy, the more perks you attain and should you choose to fly against airfields, you attain a significanly lower amount of perk points until you have enough to fly a 3 Bomber Formation. And, let's give the Bomber pilots a choice of difficulty in their bombsight. Let's say that the "easy mode" is our current method of calibrating our bombsight and earns significantly fewer perks than the past more complicated method of calibrating the bombsight. Let's also say that the higher the altitude of release, the greater the perk points. We can do similar things in fighters and fighter/bombers, and GVs.

Just to carry this idea a bit further, let's award liberal perk points to those who've asked for, and received, training from our Trainers in the category in which the player asked to be trained (this could become a quick road to the Perk Gold Mine).

I almost forgot about CVs! Let's triple the Fleet size, keep Ack the same (for present), but lower hardness to 500 lbs for Destroyers, 1000 pounds for a Cruiser, and 3000 pounds for a CV. But! The CV cannot aquire damage until all of the rest of the Fleet is sunk. However, a Fleet this size cannot cruise closer than 35 miles to a base, or port (perhaps this may allow PT Boats to carry Troops?).

"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem."- Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, General, USMC