Author Topic: Political Discussions  (Read 1320 times)

Offline dalllas71

• Zinc Member
Political Discussions
« on: January 20, 2009, 08:48:34 PM »
HTC,

I found it both surprising and small that you've posted a disclaimer discouraging political talk within Aces High, something I rarely see but also something that, in this particular country, is a both a right and, to be quite frank, an obligation. We're living in a time in which political ignorance has resulted in a country that is all but broke and is being run by corporate interests almost entirely.

Many of your customers have relatives who either fought in World War II or in military projects still going on as we speak. Just today, we elected a new President who's own speech I would refer you to as a reminder of the freedoms we are obligated and free to practice in the United States of America. Any effort made by HTC to infringe upon those rights is viewed as both anti-American and weak. It's a time of political awareness and opinions and while a game is not the best setting for that kind of thing, it's even worse to see another business attempting to further suppress the liberties and freedoms we, as Americans, have the privilege of living amidst.

Having said that, I realize that Aces High is not a political forum but rather an opportunity to have fun and get away from the stresses of daily life. We're not on completely different pages on this topic as most of what I've ever read players posting, at least concerning politics, is poorly informed if not altogether wrong. I agree on that front. Nonetheless, my issue is HTC's taking the time to attempt to silence talk about the state of our country at a time when we desperately need it. Until I believe that HTC is actually losing money over something as trivial as this, I'm not interested in being greeted as I enter this game by a ridiculous announcement such as this.

Remember that paying customers are not your school kids and also what country you reside in.   

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
Re: Political Discussions
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 08:54:42 PM »
I'm in favor of both political and religious discussion.

The problem is that someone eventually wins. You can tell when this happens because the looser goes from telling the other person what is wrong with their ideas to speaking of nothing but what is wrong with the opposition personally. Some skip right to that step...call it equivalent to HOing on the merge.

Once this happens, it is equivalent to biting in a boxing match, should be a disqualification. Except 9/10s of the crowd and 3/4s of the refs don't know it is a foul and cheer all the louder...
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 09:00:18 PM »
Once this happens, it is equivalent to biting in a boxing match, should be a disqualification. Except 9/10s of the crowd and 3/4s of the refs don't know it is a foul and cheer all the louder...
So true! :rofl

Oh yeah, IN!
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 09:00:22 PM »
In before the PC zealots lock it.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 09:01:24 PM »
o boy! This is going to be classic  :D
Lighten up Francis

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 09:07:11 PM »
It would be INteresting to know who the shade posting this is.
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009, 09:07:41 PM »
this post is not a good idea.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 09:09:41 PM by Hajo »
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Corrs

• Silver Member
      • TAC Drivers
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2009, 09:12:44 PM »
I am so IN for the public Floggin Skuzzy is going to bring....shhhhh I think I hear his 10 speed coming   Skuzzy ---> <---- dallas71 :devil
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 09:17:32 PM by Corrs »
Corrs
The Flying Circus
Head of The Flying Circus Numbnutz Clown Union since 2000
FSO 334th FS Corrs's Nose Art
WARNING: Keep smiley's out of reach of Corrs

Offline viper215

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bops.us
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2009, 09:15:27 PM »

:aok
in
- Viper215 - Birds of Prey - Falcon Wing -
               - www.bops.us -

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2009, 09:15:50 PM »
Comicus: Have you heard of this new sect, the Christians? They are a laugh riot! First of all, they are so poor...
Swiftus: How poor are they?
Comicus: Thank you! They are so poor... that they only have *one* God!
Comicus: But we Romans are rich. We've got a lot of gods. We've got a god for everything. The only thing we don't have a god for is premature ejaculation... but I hear that's coming quickly.

Caesar: Guards ! 

Comicus: Boy, when you die at the palace, you really DIE at the palace!
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2009, 09:26:25 PM »
HTC,

I found it both surprising and small that you've posted a disclaimer discouraging political talk within Aces High, something I rarely see but also something that, in this particular country, is a both a right and, to be quite frank, an obligation. We're living in a time in which political ignorance has resulted in a country that is all but broke and is being run by corporate interests almost entirely.

Many of your customers have relatives who either fought in World War II or in military projects still going on as we speak. Just today, we elected a new President who's own speech I would refer you to as a reminder of the freedoms we are obligated and free to practice in the United States of America. Any effort made by HTC to infringe upon those rights is viewed as both anti-American and weak. It's a time of political awareness and opinions and while a game is not the best setting for that kind of thing, it's even worse to see another business attempting to further suppress the liberties and freedoms we, as Americans, have the privilege of living amidst.

Having said that, I realize that Aces High is not a political forum but rather an opportunity to have fun and get away from the stresses of daily life. We're not on completely different pages on this topic as most of what I've ever read players posting, at least concerning politics, is poorly informed if not altogether wrong. I agree on that front. Nonetheless, my issue is HTC's taking the time to attempt to silence talk about the state of our country at a time when we desperately need it. Until I believe that HTC is actually losing money over something as trivial as this, I'm not interested in being greeted as I enter this game by a ridiculous announcement such as this.

Remember that paying customers are not your school kids and also what country you reside in.   

Well its my guess you might as well cancel payment on the next check to HTC now and call it quits.  Its HTC playground and we play by his rules. Seeing as its a "private" playground his rules and the "rights" he allows are the only ones that are important. If you can't handle it, then be gone nave !!!

....oh, btw, IN

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2009, 09:29:35 PM »
Big, bold, shiny, red IN!
Tours 86 - 296

Offline Sincraft

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2009, 09:53:01 PM »
Searches quickly for his "arguing on the Internet is like running in the....." pic to post.....

BLAST, lost in previous hd wipe.

Eh.  In spirit with this thread....you're an idiot - VICTORY IS MINE!

:noid

Offline ele254

• Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2009, 09:59:25 PM »
eh.....why not             IN

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2009, 10:02:41 PM »
You gave up the right to be silent and now your screwed...
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.