Author Topic: no external view for ar234?  (Read 849 times)

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
no external view for ar234?
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2001, 10:09:00 PM »

Originally posted by pzvg:
Fishu, maybe Finnish tanks don't have periscopes, ours sure do, aside from that,it shouldn't need an external view, anything behind it is gonna stay behind it, a looong way behind it, (until a 51H or something shows up)

Oh.. do we have periscopes in the AH tanks?
Thats what I were talking of, AH tanks

Offline pzvg

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2001, 11:16:00 AM »
I stand corrected Fishu, OTOH, AH panzers don't need periscopes, since I do not recall any one ever coming under arty or sniper fire while driving one, Ja?

------------------
pzvg- "5 years and I still can't shoot"

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2001, 11:37:00 AM »

Originally posted by pzvg:
I stand corrected Fishu, OTOH, AH panzers don't need periscopes, since I do not recall any one ever coming under arty or sniper fire while driving one, Ja?

I never were wanting ones..
I was just wondering what they're going to do with this talked periscope of arado when it probably wont have exteranl view...

Offline Fury

• Copper Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2001, 12:13:00 PM »
I understand better now, about the simulating the multiple sets of eyes, and I agree that's an o.k. compromise.  I still don't like F3 views tho, because they show you what you could never see with multiple sets of eyes.  For instance, the B26 has no bottom turret...yet with F3 I can see who is under me, when he starts his climb, and get into the rear gun just in time to waste him.  That's the part I don't like, F3 gives you views you would not normally have even with multiple eyes.

Fury

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2001, 12:53:00 PM »
Not necessarily true Fury.  What keeps the waist gunners on the B26 from looking down out their window and seeing the con below the plane?  Just because the guns wont track there doesnt mean the gunners couldnt see there.  

Offline Fury

• Copper Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2001, 02:26:00 PM »
<gives up, defeated>

Thanks for the rational explanations guys.  Maybe now I will learn how to not feel guilty about using F3  

Fury

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2001, 02:42:00 AM »

Originally posted by Voss:
I was thinking the same thing on the other thread, Cit. I'll dive in on one of these in a heartbeat, if it doesn't have F3 view. If it does, forget it.

Voss 13th T.A.S.

Dive with what?  These things have a top speed of 460 mph and can fly at 30,000ft.  Aren't they going to be pretty much untouchable?

I have a question: some (not all) Ar234s had twin 20 mm rear firing cannons.  But with only the pilot on board- who aimed them?  Is that what the little periscope is for?

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2001, 03:17:00 AM »
sling the 350mph wind of the diving and or looping, or rolling, split S'ing, immelmaning, B26 just might do that.  

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2001, 06:18:00 AM »
The bomb load is external and the resulting drag slowed them to about 410 at 20k. Fuel burn down low limited their range to about 200 miles, so if the fuel modifier is applied equally range could also be a problem.

It will be interesting but I don't think they'll be "untouchable".
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!