Author Topic: Screen pauses while using VOX  (Read 2837 times)

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
Re: Screen pauses while using VOX
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2009, 09:12:38 PM »

If you have internet via your cable tv line:
Try connecting your PC directly to the cable modem.

Unplug the cable from your router that connects to your PC.
Then unplug the cable from your cable modem, that connects to your router.
Then connect it directly to the Cable Modem.

(So basically, you are connecting your PC directly to your cable modem, bypassing your router.)
Now unplug the power from your modem for 1 minute.  Then plug it back it and let it power up.

Now check to see if your internet works.  If so, launch Aces High and see if problem still exists.
If your internet does not work, try restarting your computer, then launch AH and check for problem.

If problem goes away, I'll provide more details to work on your router.

Also, you still have Service Pack 2 for windows XP.  You might want to upgrade to SP3 afterwards.
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline drdeathx

• Silver Member
      • [URL=http://s435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/AAdeath/?action=view&current=woodland-critters-christmas-1024x76.jpg][IMG]http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/AAdeath/th_woodland-critters-christmas-1024x76.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2009, 01:46:22 AM »
If you have internet via your cable tv line:

Unplug the cable from your router that connects to your PC.
Then unplug the cable from your cable modem, that connects to your router.
Then connect it directly to the Cable Modem.

(So basically, you are connecting your PC directly to your cable modem, bypassing your router.)
Now unplug the power from your modem for 1 minute.  Then plug it back it and let it power up.

Now check to see if your internet works.  If so, launch Aces High and see if problem still exists.
If your internet does not work, try restarting your computer, then launch AH and check for problem.

If problem goes away, I'll provide more details to work on your router.

Also, you still have Service Pack 2 for windows XP.  You might want to upgrade to SP3 afterwards.

Kermit, I highly doubt this is the probelm but I guess you never know. It seems to be a sound or video issue.  Maybe It could be the codecs?????

Wing you still do not have the latest drivers for the ATI 4800 graphics card. It shows 6.14 on your dxdiag report.

8.12 are the latest drivers. I posted a link earlier in this thread. Here is the link again.

http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx?p=xp/radeonx-xp

Make sure your sound drivers are up to date too(looks like they are dated 08/06/08. This should be OK.). Until you update your drivers we cannot troubleshoot your problem. Many times problems like this are setting or driver related.

Again, you have to completely remover the drivers and Catalyst control center. This can be done in your control panel in add/remove programs. There is an ATI video driver uninstall progrram. Most of the guys here recommend a driver cleaner. This removes all the registry entrys and allows for a clean install of the new 8.12 drivers. If I remember correctly, you need netframework 1.1 to install your catalyst control center. This may be a part of service pack3. After installing service pack 3, there are probably more updates. Make sure ALL XP UPDATES ARE COMPLETE.

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE NETFRAMEWORK 1.1. You can do this by going to contel panel/ add remove programs and it will list there. If you do not have it AFTER ALL YOUR UPDATES ARE DONE, you need to install it.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=262D25E3-F589-4842-8157-034D1E7CF3A3&displaylang=en

« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 02:24:16 AM by drdeathx »
See Rule #6

Offline Wing19

• Zinc Member
      • SkyKnight Bomber Group Base
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2009, 02:35:12 PM »

I will try this when I get home

Wing you still do not have the latest drivers for the ATI 4800 graphics card. It shows 6.14 on your dxdiag report.
8.12 are the latest drivers. I posted a link earlier in this thread. Here is the link again.

http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx?p=xp/radeonx-xp

Make sure your sound drivers are up to date too(looks like they are dated 08/06/08. This should be OK.). Until you update your drivers we cannot troubleshoot your problem. Many times problems like this are setting or driver related.

Again, you have to completely remover the drivers and Catalyst control center. This can be done in your control panel in add/remove programs. There is an ATI video driver uninstall progrram. Most of the guys here recommend a driver cleaner. This removes all the registry entrys and allows for a clean install of the new 8.12 drivers. If I remember correctly, you need netframework 1.1 to install your catalyst control center. This may be a part of service pack3. After installing service pack 3, there are probably more updates. Make sure ALL XP UPDATES ARE COMPLETE.

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE NETFRAMEWORK 1.1. You can do this by going to contel panel/ add remove programs and it will list there. If you do not have it AFTER ALL YOUR UPDATES ARE DONE, you need to install it.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=262D25E3-F589-4842-8157-034D1E7CF3A3&displaylang=en

Death,

I updated to the new video driver some reason it wont take. I removed the old driver as you stated above. I will also do this when I get home. I have updated the sound drivers when I installed the new sound card.
SKWing19
SKWing19

Offline Wing19

• Zinc Member
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2009, 06:49:47 PM »
I by passed the router. NO CHANGE

No matter what I do the ATI driver will not update. I removed the Drivers and control center and then I ran a driver cleaner installed the new drivers and it still says I have 6.14.

Am I doing something wrong?
SKWing19

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2009, 07:52:20 PM »
Noticed you have a P5Q---I have a P5QE, using onboard audio, no such issues. (I'm not clear as to whether your problem showed itself with onboard audio)
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline drdeathx

• Silver Member
      • [URL=http://s435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/AAdeath/?action=view&current=woodland-critters-christmas-1024x76.jpg][IMG]http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/AAdeath/th_woodland-critters-christmas-1024x76.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2009, 01:15:08 AM »
I by passed the router. NO CHANGE

No matter what I do the ATI driver will not update. I removed the Drivers and control center and then I ran a driver cleaner installed the new drivers and it still says I have 6.14.

Am I doing something wrong?

You have to be doing something wrong. Save the drivers(8.12) and NetFramework 1.1 from the link I posted to your desktop. Uninstall drivers and Cataylist Control Center. Reboot computer when drivers are uninstalled. Install NetFramework 1.1, then install new drivers. Did you check if you had Netframework 1.1? If you have it there is no need to install it. Check it in control center in add remove programs.

After you uninstall your old drivers and before you reboot your computer, go to my computer/right click/properties/hardware/device manager. Display adapters should have a yellow question mark next to it. This signifies there are no drivers. Reboot computer and install new drivers and NetFramework.

Good luck......You may have to reboot 1 more time.
See Rule #6

Offline drdeathx

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2009, 01:17:00 AM »
Noticed you have a P5Q---I have a P5QE, using onboard audio, no such issues. (I'm not clear as to whether your problem showed itself with onboard audio)

Earlier in this thread we covered this. he now has a sound card and I hope he disabled the onboard sound in the BIOS.
See Rule #6

Offline Wing19

• Zinc Member
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2009, 09:42:56 AM »

Earlier in this thread we covered this. he now has a sound card and I hope he disabled the on-board sound in the BIOS.

Onboard sound is disabled in BIOS
SKWing19

Offline drdeathx

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2009, 07:55:31 PM »
Onboard sound is disabled in BIOS

Wing, you not answering all the questions......
See Rule #6

Offline Wing19

• Zinc Member
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2009, 09:45:01 AM »
You have to be doing something wrong. Save the drivers(8.12) and NetFramework 1.1 from the link I posted to your desktop. Uninstall drivers and Cataylist Control Center. Reboot computer when drivers are uninstalled. Install NetFramework 1.1, then install new drivers. Did you check if you had Netframework 1.1? If you have it there is no need to install it. Check it in control center in add remove programs.

After you uninstall your old drivers and before you reboot your computer, go to my computer/right click/properties/hardware/device manager. Display adapters should have a yellow question mark next to it. This signifies there are no drivers. Reboot computer and install new drivers and NetFramework.

Good luck......You may have to reboot 1 more time.

I save the drivers and the NetFramework 1.1 to my desktop. I uninstalled the Cataylist Control Center and the drivers. Checked to see if I had the yellow ? mark, it was there. Rebooted and installed NetFramework 1.1. Then I installed the new ATI Drivers, rebooted. I then checked the ATI drivers and it still said 6.14. It did update the Cataylist control center to 8.14.

I still have screen freezes when I push the vox channel.

SKWing19
SKWing19

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2009, 12:45:22 PM »
Wing have you tried turning down hardware acceleration?
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Wing19

• Zinc Member
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2009, 01:16:50 PM »
Wing have you tried turning down hardware acceleration?

This was in the 2nd post and I have tried this.

If you don't mind read all the posts and see if you can come up with something.

SKWing19

SKWing19

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2009, 01:50:27 PM »
I have read it all and unfortunately I have not thought of much else to check but just confirm that since you added the new sound card that you also checked that the hardware acceleration is still not at 100% and reboot between tests.

Also in Options of AH go into graphic details and the two sliders at the top (Object Detail and Ground Detail Range) make sure they are both aligned with the 's' of miles vertically and no further left then that.

Describe your microphone to me.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2009, 02:57:20 PM »
Hey wing19, check your Private messages and then post your answer here when you get a chance.
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2009, 03:34:59 PM »
if you filmed it would it show up in a film?