Author Topic: Is HTC Investing enough in the game?  (Read 3283 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: Is HTC Investing enough in the game?
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2009, 01:34:15 PM »
-

The hell it does not.........

But i don't second guess HTC.

actually, it doesn't.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2009, 03:43:19 PM »
-

All that $15 a month buys you is the opportunity to play the game. If you think you are entitled to anything else like company information, game development, or anything else your sorely mistaken. How naive ! 

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2009, 04:22:34 PM »
$15/month does not entitle any of us to any information in that regard.

How mach would?
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline j500ss

• Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2009, 04:39:32 PM »
How mach would?

Better question would be how much are you willing to pay to have that right? Providing HTC is willing to offer it for a price.

I like Murdr's analogy, Its a hobby, and a cheap one at that. 50 cents a day. I snowmobile as a another hobby, I spend in 1 day what this costs for a year when on a trip to the U.P.

Sure everyone can always say "I want more from/ out of the game" Just remember more comes at a price, reguardless!

It took me awhile to find my likes and dislikes about the game, but now I just stick with, the who, what, and where I like to do it, and its all good for the most part. The part that is bad.............well it has less to do with the game as opposed to some of the people.

My $.02

JDog

Offline GREric

• Copper Member
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2009, 04:47:41 PM »
Trust me, HTC is not just sitting on their Hands while collecting a paycheck...  If people are getting tired of the Game play and are thinking about leaving, then consider flying in some Special Events...

Special Events:

• Scenarios (War/Battle Reenactments)
  • Sunday European Campaigns
  • Snapshots
  • King Of The Hill
  • Friday Squad Operations
  • Aces High eXtreme Air Racing League (Every Tuesday 10pm est)
  • Heavy Metal Sundays (GV Events)
  • Aces High Squad Dueling League

All of these are designed & hosted by VOLUNTEERS, who like the game enough to spend their time to make it better for everyone else... Join us for a special event and check the calender for upcoming special events. The Racing Leauge is my favorite  ;)

It's a whole new level of playing in Aces High.

Oh and dont forget 'Mission of the Month' (MoM) Events! Over 100 People in these missions every month. Bishop MoM every first tuesday of the month, Rook MoM every middle tuesday of the month.  :aok
Bishop MoM Coordinator, GrEric.

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2009, 05:00:41 PM »
I don't really see this as a game anymore, and probably many other "oldtimers" don't either.  This is a hobby.  Not just the physics of it, and the techniques and tactics, but the history of the aircraft, pilots, units, battles, and people who answered the call during WWII.  Beyond that the history of the genre itself.  It's a social hobby.  The fellowship of common interests and friendships are probably just as important, if not more, than the game itself.

I don't expect an endless list of tasks to "master".  This is a simulation.  The routes to develop are the fidelity of the simulation, and new things to simulate.  It's not like a pure "game" where you can just keep adding new levels and imagining fictitious new things to add to the game.  No doubt players reach a plateau, and move on to the next game/hobby/challenge, but not all.  If HTC wants to move into other era's of air combat, like is often suggested, that's cool.  I don't require it to keep my interest.

What I do want is an environment I can log into and have some "fun" at the aspects of AH that I'm interested in on a given night.  If I see that goal is hard to achieve, I'll certainly speak up about it.  For the most part I believe HTC does a decent job of checking the pulse of the community, and making adjustments when they feel it's needed.

Sorry for rambling, but as it's been said in previous replies...It's about gameplay environment, and not a lack of shiny new toys to play with.

well stated. 

Though atm I'm not really all that enthused with gameplay, in the 6-7 short years i've been around, I've never thought that HTC hasn't put enough effort into AH.  AH is all this company has, they have a small team, and do alot with that team.  To that end, I"m sure they invest as much as they can.  I'd also add that it is an excellent thing that HTC allows player created content, from maps to skins, to the many special events.  In a way, they invest with the community as well.  With CT on the backburner, I have no doubt that they continue to work to improve the game at hand....though if they are just sitting around drinking whiskey and smoking cigars all day, I'd like to apply for a position :)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 05:02:52 PM by pluck »
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline iTunes

• Nickel Member
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2009, 06:20:42 PM »
All that $15 a month buys you is the opportunity to play the game. If you think you are entitled to anything else like company information, game development, or anything else your sorely mistaken. How naive ! 
I think that any Business with subscribers would want to keep customers updated on some form of regular basis, i.e. Quarterly or such like on developments, Not asking a lot, most video game companies do that now as a matter of course.
Are you suggesting that AH charges customers for Game development news? I'm curious as to why companies such as Eidos or Sega haven't started charging customers for update news as of yet...
The Class Acts.
JG54 Grunherz
iTunes- UK's finest killer of ack huggers and runners, mixing business with girls and thrills.
JG54/ Manchester United- Nobody likes us-we don't care... Goes by the name of Wayne rooney http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW-47c_8J4c

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2009, 06:35:53 PM »
I think that any Business with subscribers would want to keep customers updated on some form of regular basis, i.e. Quarterly or such like on developments, Not asking a lot, most video game companies do that now as a matter of course.
Are you suggesting that AH charges customers for Game development news? I'm curious as to why companies such as Eidos or Sega haven't started charging customers for update news as of yet...

:rofl  :aok  The way some players suck up to HT should be studied by a few PHDs.  I've never seen anything like it between a customer and a vendor before  :lol
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2009, 06:56:18 PM »
2 Things:

1) There was going to be something called "Combat tour" or something like that. I dont know much about it and never did but apparently its not happeniong anymore. I would assume the effort and energy that went into that is coming into the MA now?

2) Allot of people talking about leaving. Has the game stopped evolving and in so doing keeping people interested. When you are new its a voyage of discovery, but without new developments there is nothing new to learn/master. Is that what is happening and old timers are getting bored?   

Yarbles, come on man, get real. You've been registered in this forum for over two years. That's more than enough time to know that if you really want an answer to the question you put forth, your best supply of information is calling HTC and asking Hitech or Pyro to answer your question(s). Bringing the questions you ask to a public forum and expecting or hoping for concrete answers is just plain silly.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2009, 07:12:00 PM »
Great game, great staff, great community leaders (Trainers and many CMs), and an ungrateful community.

:salute
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2009, 08:03:25 PM »

I'm only guessing, but seeing as HT has been involved with warbirds too, maybe he got burned by letting out a bit to much information. He seems to like to play things close to his chest. It's his company, I'm not a shareholder, are you? Seeing its private, I doubt it, so its his way only.

Im guessing here to, but with such large companies, by the time the "news" is out the games are well into production and there is little chance that another company could beat them out with the same game. HTC being small takes more time to put things together. If they had 100 people working on the software we would see update weekly.

I'd love to see more info, heck if HT would like to hire me I'll run his PR.... I am out of work  :) but, I also know this is how he runs things, so I don't expect more.

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2009, 08:07:38 PM »
...Except for the 53 new planes and vehicles.  Higher resolution hit detection.  Exponential addition of points of force, new thrust/drag, revised prop vortex, ground effects.  New and improved content creation software.  Improved film system.  3d trees instead of pancake layers of 2d shapes.  Game mechanics adjustments galore.  Yep other than that, no real difference :)

I fly the same planes I flew when I first started in 2001.  Never liked gvs.

I still suck as badly now as I do then so much of yer basic prop vortex revisons and exponantial additions don't seem to matter a whole lot. :lol  The graphics are better though.

I'm just saying how I feel, not knocking HTC.  As far as I'm concerned HiTech has invested his entire career in this game and has done a great job.  
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline 442w30

• Nickel Member
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2009, 08:08:17 PM »
Are you interested in WW1 combat?-  That's a hint if i've ever seen one. 

What is the WWI version of the Nook?   Mustard Gas!!  HTC, when do we get mustard gas?

Gotha bombers, Zeppelins, Snoopy's TriPlane.   Bring it on HTC
Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time

"The plural of anecdote is no data."- statistician's axiom

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2009, 09:33:01 PM »
My guess, is that HTC is getting ready to release AH3 beta, and is trying to decide if there is enough demand to make adding a WWI arena feasable.

But thats just my guess. :)

Rock on HTC!

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2009, 09:49:11 PM »
-

Wow.   You've got a lot to learn in life.   They (HTC) don't "owe" you a thing.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC