Author Topic: Is HTC Investing enough in the game?  (Read 3288 times)

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
Is HTC Investing enough in the game?
« on: January 22, 2009, 10:03:27 AM »
2 Things:

1) There was going to be something called "Combat tour" or something like that. I dont know much about it and never did but apparently its not happeniong anymore. I would assume the effort and energy that went into that is coming into the MA now?

2) Allot of people talking about leaving. Has the game stopped evolving and in so doing keeping people interested. When you are new its a voyage of discovery, but without new developments there is nothing new to learn/master. Is that what is happening and old timers are getting bored?   
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 10:08:46 AM by Yarbles »
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
Re: Is HTC Investing enough in the game?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 10:08:41 AM »
Other than the arenas being split up and better graphics I don't see any real difference in the game since I started in 2001. 

I think it is just boredom with the game that is taking its toll.

As to whther HTC is investing enough in the game...$15/month does not entitle any of us to any information in that regard.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 10:17:54 AM »
Other than the arenas being split up and better graphics I don't see any real difference in the game since I started in 2001. 

I think it is just boredom with the game that is taking its toll.

As to whther HTC is investing enough in the game...$15/month does not entitle any of us to any information in that regard.

I am not intimating we should know figures etc I am attempting to ascertain if the game has stagnated which from what your saying it has. Learning the existing game is still great for me but I havent been around as long as some so I dont understand the disenchantment. Generally I hear people complaining about the playing style but that is probably a constant and new Planes, Gvs renew interest for me anyway and perhaps more types of objective than just the dominant Air Field, Vehicle base and Carrier Group. Perhaps small escourt size carriers with a limited plane set and maximum no of planes they can up at one time combined with a really tough to sink Battleship, Submarines, Artillery and some new planes? 

Just Ideas, maybe HTC could put together some consultation and develop some new aspect to the game.
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009, 10:33:10 AM »

...Except for the 53 new planes and vehicles.  Higher resolution hit detection.  Exponential addition of points of force, new thrust/drag, revised prop vortex, ground effects.  New and improved content creation software.  Improved film system.  3d trees instead of pancake layers of 2d shapes.  Game mechanics adjustments galore.  Yep other than that, no real difference :)

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2009, 10:35:18 AM »
...Except for the 53 new planes and vehicles.  Higher resolution hit detection.  Exponential addition of points of force, new thrust/drag, revised prop vortex, ground effects.  New and improved content creation software.  Improved film system.  3d trees instead of pancake layers of 2d shapes.  Game mechanics adjustments galore.  Yep other than that, no real difference :)

That was a good zing right there if I've ever seen one.
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline BMathis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2009, 10:40:47 AM »
Trust me, HTC is not just sitting on their Hands while collecting a paycheck...  If people are getting tired of the Game play and are thinking about leaving, then consider flying in some Special Events...

Special Events:

• Scenarios (War/Battle Reenactments)
  • Sunday European Campaigns
  • Snapshots
  • King Of The Hill
  • Friday Squad Operations
  • Aces High eXtreme Air Racing League (Every Tuesday 10pm est)
  • Heavy Metal Sundays (GV Events)
  • Aces High Squad Dueling League

All of these are designed & hosted by VOLUNTEERS, who like the game enough to spend their time to make it better for everyone else... Join us for a special event and check the calender for upcoming special events. The Racing Leauge is my favorite  ;)

It's a whole new level of playing in Aces High.

BMathis
B~Smooth Xtreme Racing (Retired)
Aces High CM Staff (Retired) [Koth, Xtreme Racing League]

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2009, 10:42:32 AM »
I think if you actially read the posts about leaving, you'd know it was lame game play.

Also if you read the boards more often you'd know CT is buried. All future work is on the core game.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2009, 10:43:32 AM »
Aces High Squad Dueling League    the ultimate dogfighting experience, 6vs6 or more flying into an organised furball with your friends nothing can beat it,  if your squad isnt signed up already what are you waiting for?

King Of The Hill  want to dogfight and show your indivadual aerial prowess?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 10:45:35 AM by Bruv119 »
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2009, 10:46:43 AM »

soooooo,......what've they been doin then?   :noid
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2009, 10:47:14 AM »
Great game, great staff, great community leaders (Trainers and many CMs), and an ungrateful community.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2009, 10:48:34 AM »
[/quote

Amazingly, except for plane interiors the game still looks like its 10+ years old and the gameplay has not materially changed either.  There are tons of great ways to improve gameplay and graphics yet suggestions are mostly ignored or worse yet met with poor attitude.  Sure, stuff has been done but man years disappeared into that dark hole of CT and little leadership or vision has been put forth.  I wish them well but seeing the results of stagnation speaks for itself.  It is what it is.  Tweaking prop vortexes and more points of force is all well and good but there are other glowing areas which draw attention.  Its a good product but you can't blame folks for pointing out how little apparent progress is made where the customer cares most.

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2009, 10:56:43 AM »
Aces High Squad Dueling League    the ultimate dogfighting experience, 6vs6 or more flying into an organised furball with your friends nothing can beat it,  if your squad isnt signed up already what are you waiting for?

King Of The Hill  want to dogfight and show your indivadual aerial prowess?

I would like do KOTH can you PM how to get in etc and I would like to join in next time your doing it. :pray

I dont know what an Indivaduel is but it soujds grape.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 10:59:14 AM by Yarbles »
DFC/GFC/OAP

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2009, 10:56:54 AM »
When you are new its a voyage of discovery, but without new developments there is nothing new to learn/master.

When is the last time you spent a tour (or even a day or two) in a Hurri-1 or P-39...or any airplane other than your favorite?  There are many, many things (air and ground) to choose from to learn/master.  Sure, you'll suck at them in the beginning...but doesn't everyone at first?  If you care that much about your rank and score, then you are missing the whole point [IMHO] of this game.

I was bored flying cannon-laden planes and killing people with a .5 second burst.  I've flown the Hurri-1 for a while now, and have had a great time because it forced me to fly better, more controlled and be more patient to set up the shot and keep the guns on target long enough for the kill.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 10:58:32 AM by ImADot »
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2009, 11:15:28 AM »
That was a good zing right there if I've ever seen one.

Murdr is the "King of Zing!!"
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2009, 11:38:18 AM »
Murdr my congratualtions.  I can't list the members of my family let alone the improvments HTC has made in the game in the last 10 years or so.
- The Flying Circus -