Author Topic: A huge salute to oldman  (Read 1074 times)

Offline crazierthanu

• Nickel Member
A huge salute to oldman
« on: January 22, 2009, 08:08:50 PM »
Tonight in the blue I ran into Oldmans a8 against my p38j, It was one of the best fights I've ever had and by the end my joystick was soaked with sweat and I was slightly shaking. It was one of those fights you never want to end, and by far one of the best I've had in my AH career. That was one crazy arse fight, we got into a low flat scissors at least twice. I was surprised I eventually came out alive in the end, Oldman was by far the far better stick. I just want to through a huge <S> to you for the nice clean fight we had. I also want to salute to everyone last night at a7, that was one great fight. It lasted about an hour and It was hard won, I wouldn't have wanted to spend my evening any where else.

<S>
80th FS "Headhunters"
EhFex in-game.
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: A huge salute to oldman
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 09:17:46 PM »
Tonight in the blue I ran into Oldmans a8 against my p38j, It was one of the best fights I've ever had and by the end my joystick was soaked with sweat and I was slightly shaking. It was one of those fights you never want to end, and by far one of the best I've had in my AH career. That was one crazy arse fight, we got into a low flat scissors at least twice. I was surprised I eventually came out alive in the end, Oldman was by far the far better stick. I just want to through a huge <S> to you for the nice clean fight we had. I also want to salute to everyone last night at a7, that was one great fight. It lasted about an hour and It was hard won, I wouldn't have wanted to spend my evening any where else.

<S>

well a <S> to you, crazierthanu ( btw I seriously doubt you are crazier than me  :D ), for you have found out the true sense of gameplay here in Aceshigh going by your description quoted above......
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 09:35:51 PM »
Oldman always fun to fight. :aok
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009, 10:19:54 PM »
If it's the Oldman that flies in MW a lot, then I have nothing to say...he's easy meat and gets mad when you kill him  :)
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Animl

• Copper Member
      • Animal Tactics
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2009, 11:40:09 PM »
If it's the Oldman that flies in MW a lot, then I have nothing to say...he's easy meat and gets mad when you kill him  :)

I doubt we are talking about the same guy, or you approached the a fight in a dweebish way.
Oldman is a normally a class act.

<shrug>

Animl
Animl (from the ashes of Air Warrior nation) http://home.comcast.net/~animl/

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2009, 12:06:04 AM »
Oldman22 is a great guy. Lot of fun to fight. He has improved in the 38 by a vast amount.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2009, 06:04:00 AM »
the nice clean fight we had.

It really was one of those memorable fights - in fact, so much so that I already mentioned it in the "Why are they leaving?" thread (at page 19).  I really appreciated that you stayed out of the first fight until it was over.  There is hope for the new generation.

Thanks for the kind words.

- oldman (not the same as oldman22)

Offline crazierthanu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2009, 06:04:58 AM »
Thanks for the comments, and tequila I realize what your saying, after a certain amount of time you no longer care about the kill, It's the fight that matters  :aok
80th FS "Headhunters"
EhFex in-game.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2009, 07:40:10 AM »

if he's easy meat, then i must REALLY suck. he's kilt me in virtually EVERY fair fight we've had, and a couple that i started off with an advantage.
 in fact, i think the ONLY kills i've ever gotten on him were picks.

ooo...and yes, the dude is ALWAYS fun to fight, and i've never seen him talk smack.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2009, 09:24:03 AM »
It really was one of those memorable fights - in fact, so much so that I already mentioned it in the "Why are they leaving?" thread (at page 19).  I really appreciated that you stayed out of the first fight until it was over.  There is hope for the new generation.

Thanks for the kind words.

- oldman (not the same as oldman22)

Ahh your the original.... have not seen you in awhile..... you were always a good one to trade lead with or wing with. When I met 22 I kept getting yall confused.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2009, 10:16:22 AM »
Oldman is a worthy opponent.  I had one of my most memorable against him in the AVA.  Spit 1 vs his 110C.  White Knuckle all the way! 
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2009, 12:26:55 PM »
   Oldman is a very good opponent.

~AoM~

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2009, 01:49:25 PM »
Great to hear of old school fights.  :salute
* I am the embodiment of Rule #14
* History is only recent.
* Stick and Stones won't break my bones, but names could "hurt" me.

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline stickpig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2009, 04:24:33 PM »

You happen to have met him when he wasn't in his Hurricane.

As far as easy meat..... I don't think so
As far as getting mad... That's another one I find hard to believe. You must have done something dweebish in order to get a reponse out of him.
Theyll only give you one chance, Better get it right first time. And the game youre playing
If you lose you gotta pay, If you make just one wrong move Youll get blown away
Expect no mercy  <Nazareth>

"Stay in the manned ack... When your in a plane you are a danger to the ground"  <Norad>

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2009, 04:27:28 PM »

As far as easy meat..... I don't think so
As far as getting mad... That's another one I find hard to believe. You must have done something dweebish in order to get a reponse out of him.

I've met him in almost ever possible plane matchup in MW..easy meat - YES....getting mad - YES (AKAK...that was funny that night  :lol)  Dweebish - I started with more alt as I had to climb a mountain to get to his base..I kept killing his perked Spit8 in my Spit 9.  He whined about it..so i go to the deck and lose all my E... I beat him and leave...3 or 4 Oldman22 kills in one sortie landed.

It doesn't take much skill to fly a Hurricane
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 04:29:08 PM by Banshee7 »
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||