Author Topic: Gloster Meteor  (Read 10987 times)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Re: Gloster Meteor
« Reply #75 on: November 09, 2013, 11:42:50 AM »
The UK used the TBF/TBM Avenger and Barracuda as torpedo bombers as well.

The Swordfish's biggest triumph was Taranto where it inflicted heavy damage on the Italian fleet.

However, the Swordfish was also helpless against enemy fighters.  In one example Fw190s destroyed every single attacking Swordfish.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline ReVo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #76 on: November 09, 2013, 11:54:12 AM »
the Ta152 can't even take off without breaking a wing and flys backwards for further and better than any other plane in the game, let alone the 410 cant even fly level and flys backwards 2nd to only the 152?

This is coming from a dedicated Luftweenie who enjoys flying both the 152 and the 410.

In all the time I have spent in Aces High I have never had the wings on my 152 removed by anything except a hard belly landing, clipping a tree, or enemy fire. As for the tail stall I will admit to stalling it out a few times while learning the aircraft, however once I figured out it's limitations it ceased to be a problem.

Moving on to the 410.. With 50% fuel and twin 30mm's the 410 weighs in at roughly 22,000 pounds. I think it performs quite well (Especially in it's intended role of bomber hunting) for an aircraft that easily weighs as much as three and a half Bf-109's. True you can get it into a nasty stall but I have only managed to do so in the DA while trying to throw it around with a single engine fighter at speeds between 100 and 150 in full flaps, which I think we can all agree is a bad idea.
XO Jagdgeschwader 53 'Pik As'

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: November 09, 2013, 12:01:33 PM »
*Why is Nrshida talking about glue and NOT asking for ACTUAL REAL 1.5min weptime on the Ki84?

I like glue.
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Franz Von Werra

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #78 on: November 09, 2013, 12:40:09 PM »
You have a problem with vulnerable machines being added? Or only a problem with vulnerable English planes being added?
Want to bet odds what gets attacked by a horde first? 410 or the Swordfish, or a 190A8 that seems to be overweight?

Of course, you despise and try to  stomp any requests for a HEAVY LUFT bomber that could DEFEND itself from enemy fighters: the flagship luft bomber: He-177

Yeah, I forgot to mention you, Karnak! Ok, the goose-stepping Englishmen, the most opposite logic hypocrite when discussing plane modeling, in the game!
Hail Churchill and the English Reich!  :rock
fuel burn 1x please! - '1x Wednesdays?'

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #79 on: November 09, 2013, 12:50:15 PM »
... but still failed to mention that the 'ENTIRE SQUADRON' was only FOUR PLANES

Ah, Mr. Sour Wah Grapes FVW, guess that's what comes from not really reading the cited source.*
Would you like them stored on a CV for use at a later date? Betcha wouldn't mind 262s there. :D

"No. 616 Squadron RAF was the first to receive operational Meteors, a total of 14 aircraft initially."

"After a conversion course at Farnborough for the six leading pilots, the first aircraft was delivered to
Culmhead on 12 July 1944.[10] The squadron now with seven Meteors moved on 21 July 1944 to RAF
Manston on the east Kent coast and, within a week, 30 pilots were converted."

"No. 616 Squadron exchanged its F.1s for the first Meteor F.3s on 18 December 1944. These first 15 F.3s ..."

*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gloster_Meteor

Just ask for your Nazi Moon-base already.  :aok

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #80 on: November 09, 2013, 12:51:52 PM »
Hail Churchill and the English Reich!  :rock

Oy, kid, your swastika's showing.  :lol

Offline Franz Von Werra

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #81 on: November 09, 2013, 12:53:20 PM »

HTC, give them their Meteor... and make it's nose drift up like the 190, or down like the 410, add it a few pounds so to be overweight like the 190, and of course make it fly backward better than forwards like the 152, etc etc etc!
Honesty is the best policy?  :uhoh

Offline Franz Von Werra

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #82 on: November 09, 2013, 12:55:20 PM »
Arlo... 30 PILOTS, but only 4 planes to Belgium! moon-base meteor never saw combat! Was never over enemy lines... what were the planes on the ground that it destroyed? A pile of luft planes that the American's made with-in friendly lines? And I'm sure that no German anywhere, that wasn't a P.O.W., ever saw the Meteor before the end of the war! That's like pulling your car out of the garage to the drive-way and talking about "would like to race"... go to the track to race!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 12:58:59 PM by Franz Von Werra »

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #83 on: November 09, 2013, 12:57:49 PM »
Arlo... 30 PILOTS, but only 4 planes to Belgium! moon-base meteor never saw combat! Was never over enemy lines... what were the planes on the ground that it destroyed? A pile of luft planes that the American's made with-in friendly lines?

Stomp and cry harder.  :D

You seemed to fail to notice that all I did was cite a source.
I'm not the wiggy type asking to store any ol plane that can
land on a CV for later use. Ah, look, a squad of 410s upping
from a CV. And I didn't demand the Meteor.  :aok
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 01:05:11 PM by Arlo »

Offline Franz Von Werra

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #84 on: November 09, 2013, 01:03:39 PM »
Yeah Arlo, you just insulted 50 million Americans:
From Wikipedia:
German Americans (German: Deutschamerikaner) are citizens of the United States who were either born in Germany or are of German ancestry. They comprise about 50 million people,[1] making them the largest ancestry group ahead of Irish Americans, African Americans and English Americans.[4] They comprise about 1/3 of the German diaspora all over the world.[5][6][7]

HTC give them their Meteor...
I really do wonder what changes would come about to game's populations with REALLY GOOD PLANE Meteor's flying all over pwning everything in site.

I'm outa this thread... HAIL CHURCHILL and the ENGLISH REICH!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 01:10:13 PM by Franz Von Werra »

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #85 on: November 09, 2013, 01:08:08 PM »
Yeah Arlo, you just insulted 50 million americans:

From Wikipedia:
German Americans (German: Deutschamerikaner) are citizens of the United States who were either born in Germany or are of German ancestry. They comprise about 50 million people,[1] making them the largest ancestry group ahead of Irish Americans, African Americans and English Americans.[4] They comprise about 1/3 of the German diaspora all over the world.[5][6][7]

Ah, the random awkward FVW German racial whiz-dance from outa nowhere.
What a lifelong disappointment it must be to you that the U.S. sided against the 3rd
Reich and, as a result, Hitler was defeated. And what that has to do with AHII is a
mystery to the rest of us.  :aok

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #86 on: November 09, 2013, 01:12:59 PM »
I'm outa this thread... HAIL CHURCHILL and the ENGLISH REICH!

Mbye.  :salute

Offline ReVo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #87 on: November 09, 2013, 01:14:19 PM »

and make it's nose drift up like the 190, or down like the 410, add it a few pounds so to be overweight like the 190, and of course make it fly backward better than forwards like the 152, etc etc etc!

Plenty of us do just fine flying these aircraft. Learn to control your machine.
XO Jagdgeschwader 53 'Pik As'

Offline Franz Von Werra

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #88 on: November 09, 2013, 01:18:47 PM »
Arlo:
About stashing planes on CVs... FINE JUST HAVE IT LIKE THIS: ANY CV FIRES AT ANYTHING LUFT!!!
Just take away the ability for ANY LUFT PLANE to re-arm on a CV... NEVER HAPPENED.  
FINE, I REQUEST.

ReVo:
Yeah and the Meteor Pilots can learn to do the SAME THING... fly their crooked machines!

<Poof>

Adding LOL, GERMANY AND JAPAN WERE ALLIES, JAPAN had CV's... I wonder how what the hospitality of the Japan Admirals would be to having luft guests!

All you do Alro is try to 'win'... you don't seek truth... no point is conversation with you, not yet anyways. Your posting of a source was a good start!
so again, I say... win some more?  :rofl
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 01:52:33 PM by Franz Von Werra »

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #89 on: November 09, 2013, 01:28:54 PM »
Arlo:
About stashing planes on CVs... FINE JUST HAVE IT LIKE THIS: ANY CV FIRES AT ANYTHING LUFT!!!
Just take away the ability for ANY LUFT PLANE to re-arm on a CV... NEVER HAPPENED. 
FINE, I REQUEST.

ReVo:
Yeah and the Meteor Pilots can learn to do the SAME THING... fly their crooked machines!

<Poof>

I hate long goodbyes.  :lol