Author Topic: Seeing through smoke ?  (Read 2736 times)

Offline kamori

• Silver Member
Seeing through smoke ?
« on: January 28, 2009, 11:08:17 PM »
Ok, for sometime I have heard talk in he game that VISTA users don't see smoke with certain settings. This being true, than that explains why players are putting up smoke then still being able to shoot with accuracy. Please fix this bug.

Kam

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: Seeing through smoke ?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 12:07:38 AM »
Someone is pulling your chain! Its the first I have heard of it but I dont tank a whole lot.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline drdeathx

• Silver Member
      • [URL=http://s435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/AAdeath/?action=view&current=woodland-critters-christmas-1024x76.jpg][IMG]http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/AAdeath/th_woodland-critters-christmas-1024x76.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 01:07:26 AM »
Ok, for sometime I have heard talk in he game that VISTA users don't see smoke with certain settings. This being true, than that explains why players are putting up smoke then still being able to shoot with accuracy. Please fix this bug.

Kam

Funny how some look for an advantage
See Rule #6

Offline kamori

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 05:20:46 PM »
Someone is pulling your chain! Its the first I have heard of it but I dont tank a whole lot.

No chain pulling going on, its being done. Just because YOU have not heard of it doesn't mean it is not in existence. I have been on the receiving end of it multiple times. I just may build a vista machine and duplicate the issue. Then send in the results to HTC. Oh what am I thinking, we pay them to do that what was I thinking.

Kam

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 05:32:35 PM »
Skuzzy has a Vista for support purposes. Send him an email asking him to see if that actually works. If so, I'm sure Skuzzy can relay the information to someone who can fix the problem.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 06:06:48 PM »
It is true i use Vista and i can see through smoke, i havent been using it much as of late though.  It is a problem and i have benifeted from it several times, it should be fixed or do away with smoke.

Offline 68valu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2009, 06:41:09 PM »
It is true i use Vista and i can see through smoke, i havent been using it much as of late though.  It is a problem and i have benifeted from it several times, it should be fixed or do away with smoke.

doing away with smoke would be the wrong way to fix the problem.
fixing the bug (if one exists) is what needs to be done.
Flying since tour 84

Offline 2BAD

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2009, 07:45:41 PM »
I thought it was strange that smoke was being fired at me alot lately.
Something just didn't seem right about it and yes i have been killed thru it.
At least I know why now.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2009, 11:16:30 PM »
None of you have admitted you can reproduce it I notice. Thats why I believe someone is tugging it hard.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2009, 12:43:22 AM »
I'm admitting that i can see through it, and i have been told that I am "gaming the game" just want to level the playing field for ya'll <S>. :rolleyes:

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2009, 01:02:52 AM »
I'm admitting that i can see through it, and i have been told that I am "gaming the game" just want to level the playing field for ya'll <S>. :rolleyes:

Post a screenshot if you dont mind or film even better.

Offline Coogan

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2009, 08:37:22 AM »
   I just went to off-line practice and tried this.  I can't see through the smoke at all.  Maybe it works different when on-line?
   BTW, I am using Vista Home Premium, 32 bit.

Coogan

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2009, 10:05:35 AM »
had this the other day - tanks firing through a massive thick wall of smoke and zeroing in on me when I could see nothing through it. seemed suspicious at the time :uhoh
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Flash

• Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2009, 11:35:36 AM »
I just tried it offline using vista ultimate 64. I could not see through the smoke.

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2009, 01:35:54 PM »
Ive been told it cannot be captured on film but i will try to catch myself doing it, to speed up the problem being fixed :salute