Author Topic: Seeing through smoke ?  (Read 2732 times)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: Seeing through smoke ?
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2009, 12:34:40 AM »
Post your pics!  :D
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2009, 07:40:57 AM »
I also admit to see threw smoke. Thats how I kill so many gvers. Pop off alot of smoke so they cant see threw it.
And take them all down. But I dont want them to fix the problem. Thers only about 10 of us that can see threw it.

Its not a big deal.

so there's an exploit, which you use, and you dont want it fixed. are you serious? :huh
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline GREric

• Copper Member
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2009, 11:04:20 AM »
well its not a big deal it think..and I think its my video card..when I am in a boat it seems there are waves in the air too.. sometimes when i fire my tank round it doesnt make a crater on the ground either with the dust.
Bishop MoM Coordinator, GrEric.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2009, 11:55:28 AM »
What you are describing now is something I recognize from using Quadro CAD cards which are not good gaming cards. I dont believe it is a Vista issue because if you use the same card in XP it will act the same.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2009, 05:11:18 AM »
I think greric may be on to something, maybe my system is just a pile a junk.

Offline kamori

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2009, 08:44:11 AM »
well its not a big deal it think..and I think its my video card..when I am in a boat it seems there are waves in the air too.. sometimes when i fire my tank round it doesn't make a crater on the ground either with the dust.

I get that every once in a while That is a game bug Get out of turret position into driver look around then go back. Usually fixes it.

KAM

Offline GREric

• Copper Member
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2009, 10:59:17 AM »
I get that every once in a while That is a game bug Get out of turret position into driver look around then go back. Usually fixes it.

KAM

Na that doesnt work. Its always been like this, hey but I dont mind it.

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2009, 11:05:59 AM »
my comp does the same thing. i cant even see smoke when i shoot it.
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline avionix

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2009, 12:36:54 PM »
I have Vista and have never been able to see through smoke.  Get my butt handed to me on a silver platter when i spawn in and there is smoke around too.
treekilr in game.   
"Please. This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let's not bicker and argue over who killed who..."

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2009, 07:11:52 AM »
I play on Windows XP laptop and i cant see smoke at all. I can shoot smoke and not see it.
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline GREric

• Copper Member
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2009, 03:27:48 PM »
Yep same thing, I also cant see engine smoke, fog, if im turreted (or someone else), and tread dust. Oh and BowHTR do you GV alot?

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2009, 04:55:34 PM »
If this bug can't be fixed I wish HTC would just disable smoke. It certainly has its uses but IMHO this abuse is worse than losing those legitimate uses would be. It's effectively the ability to make yourself invisible.

Offline Ratpack1

• Nickel Member
      • The Ryan Sayer Show @ OnTilt Radio
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2009, 10:06:19 PM »
If this bug can't be fixed I wish HTC would just disable smoke. It certainly has its uses but IMHO this abuse is worse than losing those legitimate uses would be. It's effectively the ability to make yourself invisible.

that's the point of smoke
When you get where you're going, that's where you are! -Mike Brady
172nd Rabid Dawgs
"The Real" Commander of Awesome (Stick "Ozzie Nelson" Pig)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2009, 12:15:42 AM »
Its really easy. I usually use a Tiger anyway and I dont have smoke. When someone pops smoke on me I move and then the smoke either has to be fired again or they have moved and I cant see them and I just wait until they are visible again. Most of the time the smoke poppers sit right where they are anyway so the smoke isnt doing anything for them.

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2009, 03:44:13 AM »
Ratpack and Chalenge, I think your missing the point.

Example: Me and Eric are 1k apart on open ground with a wall of smoke between us. I cant see anything apart from a wall of smoke, Eric can see me perfectly well. I can't kill him because I cant see him, not only can he see perfectly well, he can also take his time to line up a shot because he knows nothing is coming his way. If his first round doesnt kill me, I now have a rough idea which direction hes firing from, a couple more incoming rounds and I may be able to establish a line, but not range (I cant see my rounds land either remember.) He is effectively cloaked.

I wonder if without the exploit he would still be "One dam good GVer" ...
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli