Author Topic: Global Warming :D  (Read 2912 times)

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
Re: Global Warming :D
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2009, 03:52:03 PM »
I was hoping to get you interested enough to do some searching.  

The man is an expert I tell you.  Sitting in a room with a smoker over time isn't going to give you cancer according to him.  Perhaps you'd like to test his theory out for him?   :rofl

The final proof of the scam was Al Gore requesting the $400 million for further research into science that has (in his words) already been proven to be sound and verified (even though there has not been any confirmed observation of the predictions of the theory in reality).

Look.  You gave this as "proof" that it is a scam.  I give you a "scientist" obviously backed by big money corporations with vested interests as proof that you infact are getting the wool pulled over your eyes.

But as I said earlier, you've made up your mind.  I doubt anyone here could help you change it.
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2009, 05:49:00 PM »
Global warming is a crock of feces
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2009, 06:24:28 PM »
Good article today from John Coleman.

http://www.kusi.com/weather/colemanscorner/38574742.html

That's a "good" article?????  When the last date of ANY of the scientific information which the author uses to illustrate his opinon is 1992.  1992! Are you SERIOUS?

The guy writes a column January 28, 2009, and uses, for his opinion piece, information that's at least 16 years old.  Skipping all the advances in science in almost two decades..... And you think it's a good article? 

Mankind will not die due to global warming.  It will be of his own ineptitude and complete stupidity, illustrated by anyone thinking that that article was "good" for anything less than to wipe the backside with.
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2009, 06:39:15 PM »

CO2 is a minor component of the so called "greenhouse gasses".  Further, there is evidence to suggest that it is a result of global temperature increases, rather than the cause. 

Would you possibly think that maybe just maybe... humans weren't around for all the other "warming" events?  Meaning, this isn't the same kind of event?

Prehistorically, the CO2 came after an initial factor warmed this rock, and then was a magnifying factor for said "warming".  Put quite simply... if it's not a natural event, then the natural order of things would not bear out to be true.  Prior warming events followed this order due to natural events that started the cycle.  This is why CO2 historically lags the warming by a statistically small percentage.  If we skip the first step, and go right to the second....duh... CO2 will then lead the exponential curve.  Simple deduction, sir.

This is exactly what is born out in coring records.  An event warmed the planet, natural shift in orbit or solar radiation, which caused a release of CO2; the CO2 magnified the warming, until it was reduced by natural CO2 sinks, and then the temperatures followed.  No one has ever said CO2 is a powerful global warming agent.  It magnifies the energy that the planet receives.  I've repeatedly said, we need to worry about CH4 (methane) stored in hydrate form.  That's the really bad egg on the horizon, if the ocean continues to warm.

We are also in a solar minimum, at the start of solar cycle 24. (apparently, the sun can't make up its' mind, as evidenced by a Cycle 23 spot that formed a few days ago for about 6 hours.)  Solar output is currently at about the lowest it has been measured.  And, yet, this past summer the arctic still was almost ice free.  Antarctic ice shelves are collapsing..... at a solar MINIMUM.  It doesn't take rocket science or a PhD to figure out things are screwy.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 06:48:47 PM by MORAY37 »
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2009, 06:44:18 PM »
double post
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2009, 04:00:34 AM »
Just what I said. 2007 being somewhat the hottest on record at practically solar minimum. 2008 might have left the N-Cap ice free hadn't we seen some cooling effect from an Alaskan Volcanoe.
Cough, - I said Cooling effect :D
Now we must wait some 7 years, getting a little beyond Solar Maximum.
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline Spyder

• Zinc Member
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2009, 06:28:57 AM »
Didn't anyone hear about it? A Mini Ice Age is coming! And its gonna be just like "the day after tomorrow"

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/11/1130_051130_ice_age.html

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2009, 08:08:25 AM »
lets tax the cows LOL

its nothing but a cycle - we are cooling now - give it a couple of years and the goracle will be telling us to warm it up LOL
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Gh0stFT

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2009, 08:33:26 AM »
It happens and we have to deal with it. We really don't know what the effects are since no one who is a scientist was here a few hundred thousand years ago to watch what happens when the world starts changing.

what a replay, so no one was there we should keep eyes & ears closed :/
Looks like alot of people from this board are thinking the same way, i call it SHS (Short-Horizon-Syndrom)
But with the technology today why are able to study the past very good, i.e. ice probe from deep ice, we can see what happened
thousand years before, what changed and what impact it had on. We can compare with todays situations and so questions will arise.
Unfortunately we just have this one spacecraft called earth we live on, we should be carefull, there is nothing around,
absolutely nothing where we could escape.

R
Gh0stFT

The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.

Offline sluggish

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2009, 08:41:49 AM »
what a replay, so no one was there we should keep eyes & ears closed :/
Looks like alot of people from this board are thinking the same way, i call it SHS (Short-Horizon-Syndrom)
But with the technology today why are able to study the past very good, i.e. ice probe from deep ice, we can see what happened
thousand years before, what changed and what impact it had on. We can compare with todays situations and so questions will arise.
Unfortunately we just have this one spacecraft called earth we live on, we should be carefull, there is nothing around,
absolutely nothing where we could escape.

R
Gh0stFT

Stop being so freakin mellowdramatic. The earth was fine before we were here and it will be fine after we're gone.  None of us are going to get out of this thing with our lives so get over yourself.

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2009, 09:00:16 AM »
Stop being so freakin mellowdramatic. The earth was fine before we were here and it will be fine after we're gone.  None of us are going to get out of this thing with our lives so get over yourself.

AKA: Screw it!  The next generation will deal with it... :rolleyes:

Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline Tmac7

• Copper Member
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2009, 10:10:34 AM »
Well I think I started a fight not a discussion.
Member of ****ALCHEMIST****

"E Tan Epi Tan"
Proud United States Marine

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2009, 10:39:33 AM »
By the way, where is Lazs? And Jacka1? Haven't noticed posts from them lately.
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2009, 01:16:19 PM »
By the way, where is Lazs? And Jacka1? Haven't noticed posts from them lately.

They both moved on to flamewarriors.  They couldn't do things here without political ideology, so they just moved on.
-Ambrose Bierce