Author Topic: Global Warming :D  (Read 2911 times)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: Global Warming :D
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2009, 01:00:54 PM »
Yup.  Just keep sticking our heads in the sand and let our kids deal with it.   :rolleyes:

The final proof of the scam was Al Gore requesting the $400 million for further research into science that has (in his words) already been proven to be sound and verified (even though there has not been any confirmed observation of the predictions of the theory in reality).

If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2009, 01:09:21 PM »
Our kids are screwed.
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2009, 01:12:03 PM »
If thats the best you can do you arent helping them much.  :D
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline ChickenHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2009, 01:31:25 PM »
And I don't think they'd show ficitional shows.

<Snort!>
Do not attribute to malice what can be easily explained by incompetence, fear, ignorance or stupidity, because there are millions more garden variety idiots walking around in the world than there are blackhearted Machiavellis.

Offline Tmac7

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2009, 02:09:18 PM »
Didn't mean for political discussion to erupt. If it does I think skuzzy should close this topic. I was just wanting peoples opinion to see the different ones from everyone.

<salute>,

Tmac73
Member of ****ALCHEMIST****

"E Tan Epi Tan"
Proud United States Marine

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2009, 02:11:57 PM »
You've already made your mind up that it's a money grab.  I doubt you are willing to change your mind.

You see it as a money hoax.  Big money energy companies have fronted lots of cash to fund projects attempting to tell us all that absolutely nothing is wrong and if there is something wrong we aren't the reason.  By your exact argument above we should be worried.

I won't be very proud in 50 years if I have a "They told us so" moment... :uhoh

Offline sluggish

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2009, 02:14:23 PM »
This is how the world will end; not with bang but with a whimper.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2009, 02:18:58 PM »
It wont be global warming that kills us all it will be mans weapons or starvation from over-population. The planet will survive whether it is hospitable to man or not but the idea that humans are causing the world to warm up even slightly is completely untrue. Go ahead and whimper all you want it wont change the environment but if concern and doing things differently helps you feel better go for it.

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2009, 02:31:22 PM »
It wont be global warming that kills us all it will be mans weapons or starvation from over-population. The planet will survive whether it is hospitable to man or not but the idea that humans are causing the world to warm up even slightly is completely untrue. Go ahead and whimper all you want it wont change the environment but if concern and doing things differently helps you feel better go for it.

No response about who's footing the bill's on that research eh?

Yup, humanity will be screwed by our own doing.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 02:33:44 PM by bongaroo »

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2009, 02:41:59 PM »
Show me a link where big money energy companies are funding 'anti-global warming' research. It doesnt take research to see the bad junk science behind global warming.

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2009, 03:09:06 PM »
Okay, my position is that there is no way that the human activities have no measureable effect on climate. That is subtle, but you still have people debating it.
We are not moving away from the sun BTW, and the last warm years and their temp records were set during a solar minimum. How's that?

An excellent question.  If I understand the theory correctly, the reason for that is that the solar miminum equates to reduced solar wind and weaker magnetic flux.  This in turn allows more cosmic rays and particles to reach the Earth, affecting cloud formation and resulting in increasing temperatures.  It is perhaps no coincidence then that global temperatures have stabilized as solar activity is reversing its trend.  According to the theory, temperatures should begin to go down now. 

I do not deny that global temperatures fluxuate; the Earth's geological history tells a story of alternating warm and cold periods for eons.  I simply believe the science does not support CO2 as a driving factor.  CO2 is a minor component of the so called "greenhouse gasses".  Further, there is evidence to suggest that it is a result of global temperature increases, rather than the cause.  Finally, what impact CO2 has in trapping heat falls off as an exponential decay, meaning that doubling the amount has X effect, doubling it again has 1/X^squared, and so on.  For this and many other scientific and technical reasons I've read, I believe CO2 to be inconsequential as a driver of global temperatures.

As for money, much more has been spent trying to prove man-made GW than the oil and energy companies have spent trying to disprove it.  The science is anything but settled, and more and more scientists have come to the conclusion that MMGW is a sham.
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2009, 03:35:04 PM »
Look up Dr (ha!) Fred Singer.

A 2007 Newsweek cover story on climate change denial reported that: "In April 1998 a dozen people from the denial machine — including the Marshall Institute, Fred Singer's group and Exxon — met at the American Petroleum Institute's Washington headquarters. They proposed a $5 million campaign, according to a leaked eight-page memo, to convince the public that the science of global warming is riddled with controversy and uncertainty." The plan was reportedly aimed at "raising questions about and undercutting the 'prevailing scientific wisdom'" on climate change. According to Newsweek, the plan was leaked to the press and therefore was never implemented.

Of note is the fact that he was paid by Tobacco companies to deny the negative health effects of second hand smoke and now is paid by Oil to deny the negative effects of human induced climate change.

He's a crook and he's swinging for your "team".

ZING!   :lol

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2009, 03:38:24 PM »
Oh man, here we go again!
Heh, and Skuzzy thought pushing a few out would solve the problem....wrong!  :devil

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2009, 03:39:31 PM »
Bongaroo I would have to dispute that since nothing was ever done it seems there was no truth to it just a fantasy by Newsweek and hardly a bipartisan publication at that.

Offline Mickey1992

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2009, 03:49:49 PM »