Author Topic: Global Warming :D  (Read 2922 times)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: Global Warming :D
« Reply #135 on: February 13, 2009, 01:33:45 PM »
Angus I dont afford you the same 'convenience'... yet.

From the USGS website: The most abundant gas typically released into the atmosphere from volcanic systems is water vapor (H20), followed by carbon dioxide (C02) and sulfur dioxide (S02). Volcanoes also release smaller amounts of others gases, including hydrogen sulfide (H2S), hydrogen (H2), carbon monoxide (CO), hydrogen chloride (HCL), hydrogen fluoride (HF), and helium (He).

When I said that volcanic eruptions by a large percentage are more numerous beneath the ocean I was actually helping your argument (since your numbers were inflated). Beneath ocean eruptions are far more numerous then atmospheric eruptions and so the vast majority of volcanic eruptions do not emit gas into the atmosphere. Carbon dioxide (C02) comes from exposing methane (natural gas) to volcanic steam which if you have ever done any chemistry lab experiments (I have in University) you would know.

The climate is always changing. Human carbon dioxide emissions have no effect on weather or climate. If you think you can easily creat climate change I want to see rain in Ft Myers tomorrow and not just a little I want a downpour.

The term 'climate change' is proof that the original theory is incorrect and is being adjusted to maintain hold the status quo on the 'political climate' worldwide.

Bongaroo: Office politics... sorry bud you FAIL.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #136 on: February 13, 2009, 03:22:07 PM »

Bongaroo: Office politics... sorry bud you FAIL.

Yeah man, you really got me good... :rolleyes:

I'm still laughing about that last post.

Quote from: Chalenge on Yesterday at 04:36:20 PM
Politics is defined as the process by which groups make decisions

Quote from: Chalenge on Yesterday at 04:36:20 PM
That someone could go so high into education as to masters level and not understand the definition of politics

:rofl

Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #137 on: February 13, 2009, 03:28:00 PM »
Well I thought you would be able to see the poor definition you outlined by demonstrating the common every day usage of politics but obviously you are oblivious to the obvious.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #138 on: February 13, 2009, 03:31:50 PM »
Seriously?

I simply defang your "politics" argument and got to make fun of you for picking on Moray in the same post.  Just admit you were wrong (I know it's hard buddy) and we can move on.

:devil

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #139 on: February 13, 2009, 04:41:05 PM »
Keep it up and everyone will know for sure you:

1) cant see the obvious
or
2) cant be taken seriously ever.

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #140 on: February 13, 2009, 05:38:14 PM »
Can't win the argument the old fashioned way, resort to attacking the messenger.  Now who's playing politics?

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #141 on: February 13, 2009, 06:41:51 PM »
You really think thats an attack?  :rofl

Politics as a practice whatever its professions has always been the systematic organization of hatreds. -Henry Brooks Adams

Practical politics consists in ignoring the facts. - Henry Brooks Adams

As far as political science is concerned, there is no generally accepted definition of the term politics. In truth, this is not a bad thing. After all, the very nature of social sciences and humanities means that there can never be a single or, indeed, "right" answer to a problem. To this end, the rather fruitless search for a definition of the word politics has been wisely abandoned. Whether or not power, conflict, control, peace or something else forms the core of the term politics depends much more on the issue, the interests involved and much more besides. - Dadalos.org

Now type in 'definition of politics' in a google search bar and then continue in your argumentative state.

Global warming is fiction.

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #142 on: February 13, 2009, 08:56:08 PM »
Second google entry.  I went ahead and skipped the wiki since I know how much people hate to see it used as a source.

www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/politics

Main Entry:
    pol·i·tics Listen to the pronunciation of politics
Pronunciation:
    \ˈpä-lə-ˌtiks\
Function:
    noun plural but singular or plural in construction
Etymology:
    Greek politika, from neuter plural of politikos political
Date:
    circa 1529

1 a: the art or science of government b: the art or science concerned with guiding or influencing governmental policy c: the art or science concerned with winning and holding control over a government
2: political actions, practices, or policies
3 a: political affairs or business ; especially : competition between competing interest groups or individuals for power and leadership (as in a government) b: political life especially as a principal activity or profession c: political activities characterized by artful and often dishonest practices
4: the political opinions or sympathies of a person
5 a: the total complex of relations between people living in society b: relations or conduct in a particular area of experience especially as seen or dealt with from a political point of view <office politics> <ethnic politics>

-------------------------------

Humans can and do change the environment.  To believe otherwise is foolish.

Offline Sincraft

• Nickel Member
« Reply #143 on: February 13, 2009, 11:11:02 PM »
Well I play this other game and on the forums we had a discussion about Global warming and had quite a few debates. I personally don't believe in it, but a few people did on those forums. Give me your Views and thoughts about it. My Grandpa is a STRONG believer that there is no such thing and the earth is fine. I admit we pollute but I don't see how its getting warmer. My state has had more snow then it should of had, and oh not to mention that the universe is stretching out so we are getting farther away from the sun :devil. I'm only 15 so I might be viewed as stubborn to the ones who believe in it. If so let me know why I am, and see what happens.  :salute

-Tmac73

Hey there Tmac.  Glad to see you are thinking for yourself.  Don't let too many know that until you get through college though, you won't find many professors that enjoy that free thinking attitude...it's only free thinking and free spirited when you agree with them.  After all, liberalism IS a mental disorder - a 'cult of personality' scenario which transcends to ideas or a path of ideas.

GM is simply an attempt to control more of what we do.  If we all have to submit for carbon credits you realize they have just created a commodity on something that is ever plentiful and is nothing but a waste product.

It's like tax on tobacco and alcohol, do you REALLY think they want people to stop smoking and drinking?  If every stopped TODAY, the government would be bankrupt TOMORROW.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #144 on: February 14, 2009, 12:12:33 AM »
Second google entry.  I went ahead and skipped the wiki since I know how much people hate to see it used as a source.
-----------------------
Humans can and do change the environment.  To believe otherwise is foolish.

You skipped it because it goes into the most common and accepted use of the term today and not twenty years ago like the dictionarys and because it suits your agenda.

I believe if you keep chasing after the GW carbon hype you are a fool so here we are both pointing at the other and defining our targets as fools. Who will blink first?  :rofl

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
« Reply #145 on: February 14, 2009, 03:16:21 AM »
 :furious

So..global warming, yes or no?

~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline sluggish

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #146 on: February 14, 2009, 08:09:05 AM »
:furious

So..global warming, yes or no?

Climate change?  Definately.  Man Made Global Warming?  No way.  A way for a segment of society to dictate terms to the masses and control all industry?  Hell yes.

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #147 on: February 14, 2009, 10:31:21 PM »
Pretty funny.  I go away for three days of work in the Dry Tortugas, come back and see all this wonderful sludge about me.  But, it was fun spending 3 days with 3 or 4 dives per day, doing fieldwork on the last really healthy, unspoiled reef our country has.  Temp was mid 80's and water was 75. 

I have no doubt Sluggish, that there are people like you speak of, the horrible scientists that are just begging for grant money by doing crap work.  I've worked with some of them in the past.  Most of them started in the Reagan days, although some of them came around when GW was initially in office.  Many of them also left, or were pushed out of science, because we elitists don't like BS, or see our work cited and drug through the cesspool that is another guy's horrible attempt at research.  We're pretty much snobs like that.  Imagine whatever job you do for a living.  Now imagine someone coming along doing a crappier job at your job, and getting payed more for it.  How would you react?

Here's the thing.... sooner or later, the cat's outta the bag.  You only get a couple of screw ups in the review process before your whole methodology comes into question.  As soon as that happens, other scientists won't collaborate with you anymore.  Once that happens, you might as well be workin in 7-Eleven, you won't get funded.

Again, I explain, funding does not get distributed for personal use.  Every expenditure must be itemized down to the last pencil used.  It doesn't go into my bank account.  My salary is paid by the institute that hired me, not by my grant funding.  You people are pretty damn dense, who don't understand this.
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce