Author Topic: Plane you fear most?  (Read 6156 times)

Offline Letalis

• Nickel Member
Re: Plane you fear most?
« Reply #135 on: June 04, 2009, 03:15:13 AM »
C47, cuz it's full of angry drunks   :eek:

Airframe-wise: Tempest, P51, K4.  Temp and 51 because they close distances so quickly while you are occupied requiring a higher SA "refresh rate" in a fight. K4 because as soon as you start heading home alone, low on ammo and fuel one will auto-spawn on your long 6.

As for highest concentrations of pilot quality: A P38G or J is interesting followed by 109s followed by INK, his metachlorian count is amazing. I always seem to eke out the win, but the requisite 6  friendlies might have had something to do with that... :uhoh

NEVER underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
-http://despair.com/demotivators.html

“Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.” -Einstein

Offline LTARogue

• Copper Member
« Reply #136 on: June 04, 2009, 11:42:51 AM »
Man all tis talk about planes and tactics.....my head is hurtin. Just give me an Osti or a tank please.....And Steve I didn't see my name on your list....what the hey ???  :cry

LTARogue

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
« Reply #137 on: June 04, 2009, 12:26:43 PM »
I agree with this.  I was running into K4s a lot in the last month and I could tell who it was by how it was flown.  I told BillyD one night that I could tell right off by the opening move he was making.  Agent tends to fly his K4 in a certain way too.

I think the other thing is you start to note in Latewar in particular who isn't flying the latest and greatest and watch for them.  That and you notice who knows what a throttle is and who doesn't, in particular in the BnZ birds.  Some of the 51 drivers are never going to hit anything because they drop from so high, going so fast that you can defeat their shot no problem.  And if you stick around a certain fight long enough, you know who is there and which birds are the bigger threat.

I suppose some of us would live longer too if we flew more 'anonymous' birds, but I kinda like knowing my 38G is going to be a target right away because it's a 38G :)

The pony drivers that excell at long arm shots, say 800-1K are very tough customers indead!

No doubt the p38G is a primo target!! Now see what you've started corky!  :furious   :aok :aok  :rofl :rofl

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #138 on: June 04, 2009, 12:46:49 PM »
I don't fear any, but I respect them all!
“The important thing [in tactics] is to suppress the enemy's useful actions but allow his useless actions. However, doing this alone is defensive.â€

Miyamoto Musashi (1584-1645)
Japanese Samurai & Philosopher

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #139 on: June 04, 2009, 01:18:00 PM »
Don't "sorry" me.  I'm right, even though you think I'm wrong because the facts is this:  At the end of the day no matter who you are fighting against, he can't make the plane do what it simply can't do.  So again, fight the plane not the pilot.  Unless you want to put yourself in that plane's envelope on purpose, in that case to each their own.

I've been flying WWII air combat sims for 12 years.  Don't tell me I'm wrong.

You're wrong and I have more experience playing these games than you do.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #140 on: June 04, 2009, 03:01:59 PM »
the one with the red icon over it.
I changed enemy icons to pink and purple  :D
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #141 on: June 04, 2009, 03:22:06 PM »
Man all tis talk about planes and tactics.....my head is hurtin. Just give me an Osti or a tank please.....And Steve I didn't see my name on your list....what the hey ???  :cry

LTARogue
Sorry Rogue, I love ya man... I just never GV and rarely get in on a vulch so I don't see much of ya.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline slyguy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #142 on: June 04, 2009, 04:19:11 PM »
You're wrong and I have more experience playing these games than you do.

ack-ack

I'm right, and no you don't.  You were CZ 38 guy huh?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 04:25:42 PM by slyguy »

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #143 on: June 04, 2009, 04:23:23 PM »
Slyguy what's your handle?
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline slyguy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #144 on: June 04, 2009, 04:24:06 PM »
Slyguy what's your handle?

qSLYp

What's your handle?

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #145 on: June 04, 2009, 04:26:39 PM »
I'm right, and no you don't. 

Ooooo.. As far as your post before it was edited... this isn't air warrior..

Your second... pretty lame and childish, Im sure you have a headache after thinking that one up..

Offline slyguy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #146 on: June 04, 2009, 04:36:25 PM »
Ooooo.. As far as your post before it was edited... this isn't air warrior..

Your second... pretty lame and childish, Im sure you have a headache after thinking that one up..

Woe is me.  Some dude named Lazerr on the internet called me names. 

In case you missed it, Ack's message to me was the same as mine.  So I guess what goes for me goes for him also.   :salute

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #147 on: June 04, 2009, 05:08:47 PM »

In case you missed it, Ack's message to me was the same as mine.  So I guess what goes for me goes for him also.   :salute

Well there are some differences between you and AKAK.

1  You seem to think that merely being around flight sims for 12 years means you are correct all the time, in spite of the fact that everyone else who posted about it said you are wrong.

2  AKAK, after playing for many years, doesn't suck at AHII. You  do.             :aok
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 05:10:46 PM by Steve »
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #148 on: June 04, 2009, 05:08:52 PM »

I'm not a big stats guy but I'd venture you've got an awful lot to learn after taking a gander. I cant see anything that would lead me to believe you've got above average ACM skills. Statistically my numbers last month in the LWA in an A-20 are better then your G6 numbers. Whats funny is that if you look at my A-20 stats I've got the most kills vs spitXVI and second is P-51.

Using skuzzy's uber stats page I was 15-3 in the LWA last tour vs spits of all flavors in the A-20. And the guys your in a pissing match with smack me around regularly. I'd just realize that your comments simply show how much room you have to improve...

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #149 on: June 04, 2009, 05:27:55 PM »
Well there are some differences between you and AKAK.

1  You seem to think that merely being around flight sims for 12 years means you are correct all the time, in spite of the fact that everyone else who posted about it said you are wrong.

2  AKAK, after playing for many years, doesn't suck at AHII. You  do.             :aok

Spot on. :aok