Author Topic: Plane you fear most?  (Read 6186 times)

Offline stickpig

• Nickel Member
Re: Plane you fear most?
« Reply #75 on: January 30, 2009, 01:39:54 PM »
I guess that's the difference between you and I, when I engage ANY NME, at an advantage or not, no matter what plane I am in, or going against, I want the best stick possible to be flying that plane, other wise it will be boring and I will learn nothing.

I want to engage the best there is, and if they are flying a "uber" ride all that much better.

The topic was what you hate to see. I always engage. I just hate to see those couple of planes above me.
So I'm confused by your post.
Theyll only give you one chance, Better get it right first time. And the game youre playing
If you lose you gotta pay, If you make just one wrong move Youll get blown away
Expect no mercy  <Nazareth>

"Stay in the manned ack... When your in a plane you are a danger to the ground"  <Norad>

Offline texastc316

• Silver Member
      • Mighty 316th
« Reply #76 on: January 30, 2009, 01:46:25 PM »
lol you guys crack me up.
TexsTC-CO/Court Jester-Mighty 316th FS "CREEPING DEATH"  in MA/FSO

The eager pilots are not experienced. And the experienced not eager.

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #77 on: January 30, 2009, 02:03:54 PM »
I'm not talking about timid lamers who run away when they lose the advantage. :rolleyes:

That is fine, but I have never seen it happen.  That being the case, it is so rare as to not be worth considering as a generic arena behavior.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #78 on: January 30, 2009, 02:56:18 PM »
Ask "fireplug" what his HIGH hurricane Mk II diving on my LOW Hurricane Mk II, equal fuel, will get him  :t

Fireplug is an idiot that has absolutely no clue in regards to anything related to ACM or any other facet of aerial combat.  Every time I would shoot him down, he'd scream about how I don't know how to turn fight.  Each time I would land a sortie, he'd scream how all those kills were from BnZ.  He'd challenge me to a duel (but wouldn't go to the DA, would only duel in the MW) and then he'd name the base and the altitude but would always show up at 20k despite the fact the agreed upon merge altitude was significantly lower.  He can't grasp the concept that dogfighting is a 3 dimensional affair and any maneuver that uses the vertical is automatically BnZ to him and turn fighting only consists of doing flat lufberry turns.

For awhile I thought VALGAL..err I mean VALDALS and fireplug were the same person.  Same whines, same crappy flying.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #79 on: January 30, 2009, 03:47:25 PM »
I think the hardest fight is to fight someone skilled F4U, Vs. a 109F. No matter what the worse theng that can happen is, the 109F is going to win everytime. Can do the same to the spits as well, and turn, basically just as good. I know from countelss experinece. I don't usually fear a G6 as much, but people should fear, because its me flying it around :D.

I have never been afraid of Temps becasue all they can do is pick. A plane that I can fear, and I know it to be a PIA in the DA is, the F4U1-C. It turns good has a decent climb for F4Us and has thr guns of a Temp. I hate a Chog more that a Temp or Typhie.
La's are fun to beat when they don't have the speed to fight you in them. They are decent turners but its quite easy to kill them.
Most P-51 pilots cain't put enough to kill me, unless its 4V1, then I know that I have to take up a K-4, and tater them all.
Hurris are easy, they cain't turn as well with the speed so try and reverse them and take off, you know they cain't catch you.
Zekes are just another plane like the hurri, but can climb better than the hurri. I would be more afraid of a zeke than a Hurri at alt. What you can do with them is, pull a hard vertical G, and you can probably snap a wing off pretty easy.

IMO, 109 is the hardest plane to beat, with some skill.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #80 on: January 30, 2009, 04:38:05 PM »
ooops wrong thread lol nvm.  :aok
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 04:56:31 PM by TonyJoey »

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: January 30, 2009, 04:55:08 PM »
I guess that's the difference between you and I, when I engage ANY NME, at an advantage or not, no matter what plane I am in, or going against, I want the best stick possible to be flying that plane, other wise it will be boring and I will learn nothing.

I want to engage the best there is, and if they are flying a "uber" ride all that much better.

Then again, you are usually in a Hurricane, and, no disrespect intended, but that plane's decision tree has no forks in it.  :D

"Can I out-run/out climb X?-Negative, better try turning with them."  :devil

Oddly, the decision tree is short in much the same way for P-51s and 190s, the Hurricane's diametric opposites in attributes.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: January 30, 2009, 06:24:21 PM »
Oh puleez. Brave Sir Fireplug? He is one that should be removed from the virtual gene pool.  :rofl

agreed LOL

Tours 86 - 296

Offline HellFire

• Copper Member
« Reply #83 on: June 02, 2009, 12:52:09 AM »
Dano   :)

Downloaded ur films today, but am unable to watch them as they seem to be old?!
Would you be so kind as to fix the problem so that I could benefit from ur films in
learning HOW to merge successfully & engage enemy a/c  to my credit?  TY.
"In life there is certain death, and between life and death
  there is a journey, hence in truth nothing is lost in death."

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #84 on: June 02, 2009, 01:11:49 AM »
The Joker makes a valid point....... The 152 with m00t at the wheel, the C-Hog with SHawk flying, a B24 with me flying....................... . YOU'RE DEAD.  So needless to say, I think about who, not what. 

you have to watch the reverse though, if you miss. :t :t :t
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Sgtlead

• Zinc Member
« Reply #85 on: June 02, 2009, 02:05:20 AM »
I see a P51 or a Ki84 I figure im a gonner unless I get lucky.
In God we trust, all others we run through NCIC

When you see that Mosquito easing up on your 6 relax.  Its just me.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: June 02, 2009, 02:08:27 AM »
Most P-51 pilots cain't put enough to kill me, unless its 4V1, then I know that I have to take up a K-4, and tater them all.

:(

I've seen a lot of really........ineffective 51 pilots. I dunno why this plane seems to attract the type. Even as a pure run and gun plane, there are better ones in the plane set.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline texastc316

• Silver Member
      • Mighty 316th
« Reply #87 on: June 02, 2009, 02:42:20 AM »
4 months since I posted this and I still fear teh KI84. Although I am alot better against them now. ok maybe just a little.

F4U diving on your 6 with the flaps and or gear down is a bad sight too.
K4 climbing your rope, not a good feeling.
TexsTC-CO/Court Jester-Mighty 316th FS "CREEPING DEATH"  in MA/FSO

The eager pilots are not experienced. And the experienced not eager.

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline redwing7

• Copper Member
« Reply #88 on: June 02, 2009, 09:35:31 AM »
The Yak, more times than not, when you see one there's a decent stick in it.
THUNDER MOB

"and when they bury me, may it be face down...so all my critics can kiss my ass!"  Bobby Knight

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #89 on: June 02, 2009, 10:05:25 AM »
For me its not really fear as some of the others have said, but here my list of planes that I have trouble with, but have a great deal of respect for...

Steve and his 51
Shawk and his F4U
Solar10 in a potato throwing Yak
Suffler in a 38
Dastardly in a 110

Planes that just purely annoy me...
Spit16s
La7
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver