Author Topic: planes that have style  (Read 2635 times)

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
planes that have style
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2000, 06:30:00 PM »
Never said the G-10 was uber.  Did say that 50% of the LW fans fly the G-10 because its the easiest LW plane to fly.

That's what makes it dweeby.

That's what makes it have no style.

To those that have always and will always fly the G-10 <S>!  I don't believe I am saluting all too many of the current G-10 pilots when I do that.

AKDejaVu

Nath-BDP

planes that have style
« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2000, 06:50:00 PM »
Easiest LW plane to fly? Ju88. Easiest to get kills in? 190A5(A8). Best performance? G10.

I would say 190 is 'easier' to fly than the 109. 190 has better roll rate, better high speed control, more stability.

I never encounter G10s that much and when I do they are usually flown by people that don't have a clue on how to fly them effectivly. I see more Yaks than G10s.

Nath-BDP

planes that have style
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2000, 06:54:00 PM »

Never said the G-10 was uber. Did say that 50% of the LW fans fly the G-10 because its the easiest LW plane to fly.

And the other 50% fly 190s because its the easier LW plane to get kills in I guess. And that makes 190 dweeby.

Offline Wingnut_0

• Copper Member
      • http://www.Luftjagerkorps.com
planes that have style
« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2000, 08:13:00 PM »
The 109F not only has style..it's just out right classy!  

It'll take dam near your entire ammo load to actually kill something BUT it'll turn with all those lovely spits doing their oh so often defensive turns.  

------------------
Wingnut
GeschwaderKommadore
P.T.R. "Black 13"

The quality of the box matters little.  Success depends upon the man who sits in it  -  Baron Manfred von Richthofen

[This message has been edited by Wingnut_0 (edited 12-23-2000).]

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
planes that have style
« Reply #49 on: December 24, 2000, 01:16:00 AM »

Originally posted by Torque:

LOL ya stay hi and watch your countrymen die. Oh and after come down to bounce me ops you lost a vator after that one and ran to ack. Scary ACM.

lol, you're really nice guy during christmas arent you?
You don't go high in Fw190A8, or it'll be waste of fuel.

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
planes that have style
« Reply #50 on: December 24, 2000, 02:51:00 AM »
Actually I thought it was pretty pathetic how you stayed @ 4k above us, while me and another Bish killed 3 of your countrymen in a fun furball duel. Then thinking I was not looking you swooped down on me to show your superior ACM skills only to be easily reversed and have one of your vators removed @ D9 (luv those hispannies!). But like Hristo pointed out that's good ACM.

Merry Xmas.

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
planes that have style
« Reply #51 on: December 24, 2000, 05:57:00 AM »

Originally posted by Torque:
Actually I thought it was pretty pathetic how you stayed @ 4k above us, while me and another Bish killed 3 of your countrymen in a fun furball duel. Then thinking I was not looking you swooped down on me to show your superior ACM skills only to be easily reversed and have one of your vators removed @ D9 (luv those hispannies!). But like Hristo pointed out that's good ACM.

Merry Xmas.  

I wonder what of you're talking?

but one thing is that i dont give a zhit for countrymens whos doing something really stupid and who wouldn't do anything for others.

Try chill down already grandpa, ok?
My Fw190a8 has rarely flown above 18,000ft, max at 22,000ft when i might to try grab alt with some dweebstang.

If you do believe that I am bad flier, then fine, I probably can't change your mind when you're stubborn hater of me.
Now on i'll just ignore your posts, because you don't seem to listen, just talk BS.

[This message has been edited by Fishu (edited 12-24-2000).]

Glunz

planes that have style
« Reply #52 on: December 24, 2000, 06:12:00 AM »
Torque, you are full of it.

When you make 270 kill streak, then come here and talk to Fishu.

Until then, keep quakeing around.

Offline Sancho

• Silver Member
      • http://www.56thfightergroup.com
planes that have style
« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2000, 06:48:00 AM »

Judging by her name, the 'Ugly Duckling' doesn't have such a high opinion of herself.
But I think she's plenty stylish.  You ever see a blue plane before?  "Did somebody
say 'Sassy??'"  
--
Sancho
56th FG

[This message has been edited by Sancho (edited 12-24-2000).]

Offline snafu

• Silver Member
      • http://www.btinternet.com/~snaffers
planes that have style
« Reply #54 on: December 24, 2000, 08:11:00 AM »
Hey Hblair Nice Pic,

What's that sticking out of the fuselage behind the Pilot? Is it where they wind it up  

TTFN
snafu

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
planes that have style
« Reply #55 on: December 24, 2000, 08:15:00 AM »
Glunz, they fixed the volcano kill bug.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
planes that have style
« Reply #56 on: December 24, 2000, 08:39:00 AM »

It is simply beautiful...one could stand looking at it all day long admiring its lines...

I'm in love  

Offline Dinger

• Silver Member
planes that have style
« Reply #57 on: December 24, 2000, 08:45:00 AM »
people try to put us down...

Let the kids fly their G-10s, and let them think they're cool.  When they mature, they'll realize on their own that the Franz is the true beauty.
Besides, as every G-2 and F-4 driver knows, it's the swarms of dweebs in the G-10 that makes 'em so effective.  con comes in, sees a 109, expects him to do something typical like climb into the stratosphere.  next thing you know the guy actually pulls a maneuver, and you have something resembling a dogfight.

Offline LLv34_Snefens

• Nickel Member
      • Lentolaivue 34
planes that have style
« Reply #58 on: December 24, 2000, 08:54:00 AM »
Nath's comment on how he almost meets yaks more than the G10 made me go check the stats.

When looking at both planes' total engagement the comment seemed really wrong, but I then looked at the country specific and it turns out that almost half of the G10 engagements are done by the knights, and they fare quite well in it.

On the other hand they could use some help when flying the russian planes. They manage to have a <1 K/D in both the Yak and La5.  Bishops do well in the yak, but no better than the knights in the La5.
Rooks seems to be the masters of these planes and have >1 K/D in both of them (the LA only barely tho).

------------------
Ltn. Snefens
RO, Lentolaivue 34
My own homepage
Snefens, Lentolaivue 34.

"Luck beats skill anytime"

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
planes that have style
« Reply #59 on: December 24, 2000, 09:01:00 AM »
Damn RAM.. that is an ugly plane