Author Topic: Michael Phelps photo...  (Read 2418 times)

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
Re: Michael Phelps photo...
« Reply #90 on: February 12, 2009, 06:00:06 PM »
this'll get interesting.  :rolleyes:
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #91 on: February 12, 2009, 09:07:50 PM »
It should stay illegal just for the fact that I hate talking to people who are stoned, drunk is just as bad.

I end up allways asking them "whats your point", "anyone home", "where are you right now" or telling them "you said that allready".

Oh yea my biggest irritant from a pot smoker and Ive told this to more than a few, if you say "like" one more time I'm gonna kill you.

PS Cigarette smoking should be illegal

Your name is Hungry tell tale sign...   :noid :noid :noid

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #92 on: February 13, 2009, 01:00:39 PM »
You know it's really your own faults right?  If gays can rally and get what they want, whats the matter with you guys? Get your own proposition started in liberal California, get legalized pot on the ballot boys!

PS Don't go there, 34 years married 5 kids 4 grandchildren (straight as an arrow lol)
"I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today"

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #93 on: February 13, 2009, 01:05:51 PM »
You know it's really your own faults right?  If gays can rally and get what they want, whats the matter with you guys? Get your own proposition started in liberal California, get legalized pot on the ballot boys!

no good, because it would still be illegal by federal law.. 

Fed law > state law.

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #94 on: February 13, 2009, 03:16:17 PM »

Fed law > state law.

Time to change the federal laws and let the States decide. 
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #95 on: February 13, 2009, 05:30:51 PM »

Fed law > state law.

bummer dude
"I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today"

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #96 on: February 14, 2009, 01:59:30 PM »
Its been silenced in the press here but the DEA and CIA have both been involved in the illegal shoot down of drug lords (and incidentally innocents including US citizens) in foreign countries for more then a decade now. If the court cases (there was a US citizen that survived one incident) ever go forward the agencies (DEA) powers may be severally curbed but I believe the effect will be stronger enforcement domestically.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #97 on: February 15, 2009, 12:30:55 PM »
Its been silenced in the press here but the DEA and CIA have both been involved in the illegal shoot down of drug lords (and incidentally innocents including US citizens) in foreign countries for more then a decade now. If the court cases (there was a US citizen that survived one incident) ever go forward the agencies (DEA) powers may be severally curbed but I believe the effect will be stronger enforcement domestically.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1058/is_15_118/ai_75089670

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/11/20/AR2008112002011.html?nav=rss_nation

It is very true.  The CIA had a lot of people lying to investigators to cover up their mistakes.  The Drug War is all about money, and not necessarily the money drug lords are making but more to do with federal agencies wanting to keep their ridiculous funding year after year when they have made little to no headway in their intended goals.

Offline CAVPFCDD

• Nickel Member
« Reply #98 on: February 15, 2009, 12:45:33 PM »
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1058/is_15_118/ai_75089670

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/11/20/AR2008112002011.html?nav=rss_nation

It is very true.  The CIA had a lot of people lying to investigators to cover up their mistakes.  The Drug War is all about money, and not necessarily the money drug lords are making but more to do with federal agencies wanting to keep their ridiculous funding year after year when they have made little to no headway in their intended goals.

everyone should do their homework and realize why was made marijuana is illegal. There are many reasons why, none of which being for legitimate health reasons. One of the main reasons being that the dupont company wanted to maintain their almost monopoly status in the paper buissness, after they realized that hemp was a viable option to paper, and it had more uses that just making paper. (rope canvas etc.) They used lobbyist's and propaganda films like reefer madness to sway the publics opinion into thinking marijuana makes you commit murders and all sorts of crazy things.

History channel did a show on it and I was shocked to learn all the details, it really was a very shady and just insane deal. There is wayyy more to it than the brief little blurb i mentioned, i suggest everyone here who is so against it to do a little homework and see how the government and big buissness duped everyone for their own benefit.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Georgia I eat a peach for peace." - Duane Allman

"Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil." Jerry Garcia

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #99 on: February 15, 2009, 12:52:37 PM »
everyone should do their homework and realize why was made marijuana is illegal. There are many reasons why, none of which being for legitimate health reasons. One of the main reasons being that the dupont company wanted to maintain their almost monopoly status in the paper buissness, after they realized that hemp was a viable option to paper, and it had more uses that just making paper. (rope canvas etc.) They used lobbyist's and propaganda films like reefer madness to sway the publics opinion into thinking marijuana makes you commit murders and all sorts of crazy things.

History channel did a show on it and I was shocked to learn all the details, it really was a very shady and just insane deal. There is wayyy more to it than the brief little blurb i mentioned, i suggest everyone here who is so against it to do a little homework and see how the government and big buissness duped everyone for their own benefit.

Your on the path to a better understanding.  I highly recommend you go do some reading and research beyond watching the History Channel.  They really only scratch the surface.  Read about Yellow Journalism, the pulp paper/cotton industries, racism against Central Americans, the list goes on and on.

Reefer Madness is a funny video to watch.  A lot of people actually believe that crap.

Offline RipChord929

• Silver Member
« Reply #100 on: February 15, 2009, 10:54:16 PM »
Your on the path to a better understanding.  I highly recommend you go do some reading and research beyond watching the History Channel.  They really only scratch the surface.  Read about Yellow Journalism, the pulp paper/cotton industries, racism against Central Americans, the list goes on and on.

Reefer Madness is a funny video to watch.  A lot of people actually believe that crap.

Yep, you and CAVPFCDD are absolutely right...
Yellow (WR Hurstian) journalism.. And members of congress that held hearings
and Decried their OWN medical researchers who didn't give the answers they
wanted.. What a laugh!!!   Congress was as corrupt then, as it is now...

Then they had the supreme bureaucrat, (Harry Anstell?) who saw an opportunity
for self aggrandizement..

Yep, Now its ALL about FUNDING for law enforcement.. And the Cheezy little empire
that has grown out of the war on drugs..

I wish they would focus all their anti maryjane efforts at the borders...
BUST DEM SMUGGLERS!!! and that nasty brown dirtweed garbage...

The BEST stuff is grown locally anyway.. LOL!!!

RC

"Well Cmdr Eddington, looks like we have ourselves a war..."
"Yeah, a gut bustin, mother lovin, NAVY war!!!"

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #101 on: February 16, 2009, 02:26:05 AM »
If the War on Drugs ended, there would be a great many police officers, judges and lawyers who would all of a sudden be quite redundant.  Considering just how political all three of those professions are, is it any real wonder that we keep on with this?

A few years back a group of kids in my town started using heroin and winding up in either the news,jail, or caskets.  To combat this, my town hired a few new police officers and a canine.  You're talking at least $100,000 in the police salaries and who knows how much for the canine, but likely at least several tens of thousands.

If we were really serious about putting a dent in the demand for drugs, that money could have sponsored a number of youth sports teams, sent some kids on field trips to various math and science museums, bought some instruments for some elementary schools, AND paid for decent rehab for the group of kids doing the dope.

Instead, we've got a few extra cops not stopping the problem, not making a dent, and just collecting a paycheck.

Why do we always go after supply?  It clearly doesn't work.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #102 on: February 16, 2009, 08:44:04 AM »
I'm glad this stupid tabloid brought about some good comments on the board.  <S>