Author Topic: Michael Phelps photo...  (Read 2417 times)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Michael Phelps photo...
« on: January 31, 2009, 09:42:35 PM »
Is it him? News Of The World has a photo alledged to be Phelps hitting the bong? Something didnt look right about the photo to me and they are not the most respectable source...

EDIT: Link
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 09:53:16 PM by Chalenge »
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
Re: Michael Phelps photo...
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 09:59:24 PM »
Similar but I don't think so.  The ears are different is what stands out to me (the lobes that is).
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline CAVPFCDD

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 01:27:44 AM »
notice the diamond watch, not every average college kid has one of those, leads me to believe its him

and if it is him so what, hes 23 and he just won 8 gold medals, he must be doing something right
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Georgia I eat a peach for peace." - Duane Allman

"Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil." Jerry Garcia

Offline trigger2

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2009, 01:43:45 AM »
I honestly doubt it. There's a 4 year ban for drugs in the olympics, and he wanted 2012 to keep his collection going. He wanted 14 I do believe. I don't think he'd make such a stupid mistake, much less let a photo be taken of it...
Sometimes, we just need to remember what the rules of life really are: You only
need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the
WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.
*TAs Aerofighters Inc.*

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2009, 02:28:00 AM »
notice the diamond watch, not every average college kid has one of those, leads me to believe its him

and if it is him so what, hes 23 and he just won 8 gold medals, he must be doing something right

From a blurry photo, you can tell the cost of a watch?  $5 Rolex's will look amazingly real from an out of focus blurry photo like that.  My wife works in jewelry and she'd tell you the bling watches are highly appreciated by the under 30 crowd. 

A plain white t-shirt and a multi-thousand dollar watch, highly unlikely.  And notice the plastic blue cup in the lower part of the photo?  Classic college party.
An A-list sports icon like him is going to NYC clubs and doing drugs (if he does), not some frat house.
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2009, 03:05:27 AM »
Hes been caught for DUI but, Dont think thats him.IMO
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline Fugita

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2009, 06:02:29 AM »
Similar but I don't think so.  The ears are different is what stands out to me (the lobes that is).

Also, if you pay close attention to the size of the cup on the desk behind him and the size of the watch he is wearing and factor in the average distance he is from the desk and divide that by the exact location the watch is on his wrist(taking into consideration that the difference between a real Rolex and a fake is  1/10th of a millimeter), and then here's where your observation comes in, then you divide by the cross-sectional width of his earlobe multiplied by the length of his sideburn(based on the previous calculation to gauge the size of his watch) you'll see that the bong smoker is only 5'10", much too short to be Phelps. The photo is a fake. :aok

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2009, 09:37:07 AM »
Meh, weed is only going to slow him down, not make the monster any faster.

He just conqured the world as far as swimming goes, let the bastard have a victory bong hit.

Chit knows he deserves it.

Is weed on the list of substances that will get you banned if caught?
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2009, 10:36:58 AM »
Doesn't change my opinion of him one way or another. He's still the only man ever to win 8. Weed shouldn't be illegal anyway, ties up all that prison space that could be used for more dangerous crimes, and the DEA would lose a few thousand jobs if it was made legal.

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2009, 10:43:49 AM »
This crackhead doesn't remotely have MF's biceps.  :rofl
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2009, 11:35:30 AM »
Also... size of the watch he is wearing... factor in the average distance... divide that by the exact ...(...1/10th of a millimeter)...divide by the cross-sectional width of his earlobe multiplied by the length of his sideburn... only 5'10"...

From here on out I'll be calling you numb3rs

*edit* and if you're still looking for that new CPID...there ya go.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 11:39:20 AM by texasmom »
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2009, 01:17:53 PM »
It could be him I guess since even Drudge has it cited.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2009, 01:48:43 PM »
Phelps has publicly admitted hitting the bong and has apologized for it so I guess that ends the speculation.  :salute
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2009, 02:08:20 PM »
The guy in the photo has a moostache. Swimmers don't have those, especially Olympic swimmers with X gold medals.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline CAVPFCDD

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2009, 03:30:18 PM »
lol to all of you with your wild reasoning, phelps made a statement today appoligizing about the picture

so there, those are real diamonds!  :lol
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Georgia I eat a peach for peace." - Duane Allman

"Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil." Jerry Garcia