Author Topic: I know your a Manned Gun Dweeb.  (Read 1344 times)

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: I know your a Manned Gun Dweeb.
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2009, 04:07:47 PM »
Hey, I got a kill in a manned ack today. First one in a while too.

wow I am so excited for you.. also did you know you can hit ack from 7k with a rocket?
you are so amazing. you're the best. share more!!!!!

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2009, 04:21:34 PM »
Its at the V bases over TT....And yes i am whineing.

There are V bases over TT ... hmmmm ... is this something new on the terrains ? Hovering V bases ... :rolleyes:
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2009, 08:29:31 PM »
Agreed, but apparently the no tracers thing doesn't work for field acks, just like it doesn't work for the WW.

Really?  When did they disable that feature?  I admit, it has probably been quite a few years since I hoped into one (back in AH1 days) but at least in that version of AH, you could turn off tracers for manned acks and in GVs. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2009, 12:26:13 AM »
Really?  When did they disable that feature?  I admit, it has probably been quite a few years since I hoped into one (back in AH1 days) but at least in that version of AH, you could turn off tracers for manned acks and in GVs. 

ack-ack

I will test with a squaddie tonight to be absolutely certain but I'm pretty sure they got turned on permanently whenever the GV tracer options got changed.  The really odd thing about this is if you fly normally with tracers disabled, and you are in a WW or soft gun you will not see your tracers when you are firing but everyone else will.
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH

Offline rod367th

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2009, 01:17:08 AM »
okay new rules on mondays nits must fly goons only at 3k and must try to capture bases with only goons. tuesday bishops turn then wenseday rooks turn etc. this way everyone can get easy kills not have to worry aboutr being killed. Bet someone would complain when he dies to a goon :)

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2009, 12:59:07 PM »
I love getting into the manned guns.  They're absolutely the most convenient sortie ever.  Pop in, shoot something, get killed or tower out. No flying back half a sector with missing parts only to crash in the grass & get a ditch/crash anyhow. 

GVs are pretty convenient, since you can just shut the engine off & afk whenever you want; it's not nice to do that in the manned guns, since someone else could effectively be using them instead of you.

And I use them to peek on fields.  I hate the whole annoying, change-field-use-the-arrow-key-to-push-yourself-out-of-the-tower-then-use-the-keypad-arrows-to-look-around.  Just pop into the gun & use the hatswitch. It's far more convenient.

<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2009, 01:20:04 PM »
I hate the whole annoying, change-field-use-the-arrow-key-to-push-yourself-out-of-the-tower-then-use-the-keypad-arrows-to-look-around.

Then try hitting F3 then F8 then use the up/down arrows for elevation and left/right arrows to spin in circles.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2009, 01:24:22 PM »
why? why?

Some Loser: Hey look a TT map lets all get in the Manned acks and shoot ar plane flying by...Weeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Why do people do this at least get in a WW or and OST (You get perks  :O)

Something has to be done about this i an to tired of getting into a fight and getting popped by a manned ack.

:rofl
“The important thing [in tactics] is to suppress the enemy's useful actions but allow his useless actions. However, doing this alone is defensive.”

Miyamoto Musashi (1584-1645)
Japanese Samurai & Philosopher

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2009, 01:26:59 PM »
Then try hitting F3 then F8 then use the up/down arrows for elevation and left/right arrows to spin in circles.
Right, thats about 30X the work of using the hatswitch to do the same thing. In addition to the whole arrow things, I can't even imagine adding the extra steps of f3 & f8.  That's the part that makes the gun convenient :)
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2009, 01:50:25 PM »
Right, thats about 30X the work of using the hatswitch to do the same thing. In addition to the whole arrow things, I can't even imagine adding the extra steps of f3 & f8.  That's the part that makes the gun convenient :)

Actually I think F5 + F8 gets you the best view, you can do this from the tower, hangar, or any manned gun.  This is waaaaay better than just sitting in the gun and looking around and at most bases with a keen eye you can spot GV's from the spawn point on in.
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2009, 02:33:37 PM »
Thank you BaldEgl & Tec. I'll give those a try instead of complaining anymore :) <S>
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac