Author Topic: Next war???  (Read 3440 times)

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
Re: Next war???
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2009, 05:26:42 AM »
Conflicts...definately.
Conquest....I do not see any for the moment.
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline Sox62

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2009, 06:30:58 AM »
Conflicts...definately.
Conquest....I do not see any for the moment.

Not in the near future,but it will happen.

China > Russia

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2009, 07:14:47 AM »
Something in Africa.  We're already starting our buildup including command infrastructure and supply lines.

That's not official btw, just my own guess.
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline RipChord929

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2009, 07:19:31 AM »
The problems on our southern border are getting worse.. Mexican
Govt has lost control of many of its own states.. Druglords control
them now, and they are kidnapping US citizens, making armed
incursions onto US soil.. Using the corrupt Mexican army to intimidate
our border patrol agents... They are gettin away with it too!!! So far..

The next war may be much closer than you think!!!

RC
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 07:30:27 AM by RipChord929 »
"Well Cmdr Eddington, looks like we have ourselves a war..."
"Yeah, a gut bustin, mother lovin, NAVY war!!!"

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2009, 07:26:50 AM »
I say we take over Canada. What are they gonna do hit us with their hockey sticks?  :)
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2009, 07:39:01 AM »
Another definition of "screwed" is draft notices in the mail for a war where we had 407,000 troops killed, like in WW-ll. Or Korea where we lost 37,000, Vietnam where we lost 58,000. We lost 25,000 in the war of Independence and over 600,000 in the Civil War. In WW-l we lost 116,000.

Thank the Lord we still have young troops with the courage to answer the call but the fact is its an entirely volunteer military now. There isn't going to be any draft notices coming in the mail and the sacrifices made by our current crop of youngsters will only be made by a very few. Any kid nowadays that thinks they are "screwed" thanks to the actions of past Americans must have cut history class an awful lot in high school. I myself always thanked my fathers generation for their sacrifices in lieu of making snide remarks, blaming them in pity parties. I would have nothing, not even freedom, if not for them and I hope the 30 years Ive spent wearing uniforms are at least a partial repayment for what they gave me. But deep down I know I'll never be able to repay these men and woman for all they gave me. All I can do is honor them.

I don't care, either way, I know my generation is screwed. Thanks guys  

Kid you need a buzz cut, a squared away rack, a DI instead of a mommie, and about a 4 year world tour in the War corp. before you earn the right to talk like that. Yes you will be in a world of chit, and yes you will still sound silly, but at least by then you'll appreciate the sacrifices made by others so you can sit there and jerk your joystick 8 hours a day.

I know your just a kid and dont know any better. And maybe I'm making to much of it. But your silly little comment really bugs me.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2009, 07:56:46 AM »
The first one is preposterous.  Like it or not, the Iranians are rational, and would not take such a foolish risk.  

yeah very rational, like there is no homosexuals in Iran, Ahmadinejad said so..

Offline Stixx

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2009, 07:58:49 AM »
Hey Rich, do you remember the yellow pole?
The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in military aviation are:'Did you feel that?' 'What's that noise?' and'Oh S...!'
-Authors Unknown-

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2009, 08:11:49 AM »
Hey Rich, do you remember the yellow pole?

No.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline EagleEyes

• Silver Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/bassim
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2009, 08:54:30 AM »
Pakistan is a real possibility! All its going to take is someone to get a little more peeved about the US missiles being fired into Pakistan to kill Al Qatards!!

Mexico, thats a very real possibility.  Forgot about the skirmishes with the Boarder Patrol agents.
Joedog31

GL IV./JG4 for Red Storm Krupp Steel
***The Flying Circus*** MA
334th FS "The Eagles" - FSO

Offline Twister2

• Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2009, 09:30:42 AM »
Venezuela.

THE INSTIGATORS
Death to smileys.
Brad(twister2)

Offline Stixx

• Copper Member
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2009, 09:41:59 AM »
No.
From the way you talked I thought maybe you had been on the E/W German border when the evil empire was still around.
I was there mid to late seventies, the yellow pole was a part of the treaty between East and West Germany. East German
guards were allowed to fire on escaping East Germans until they passed the yellow pole at which time they had to cease fire.
If they continued to fire after the escapee passed the yellow pole we were authorized to engage the East German position.
The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in military aviation are:'Did you feel that?' 'What's that noise?' and'Oh S...!'
-Authors Unknown-

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2009, 10:05:17 AM »
yeah very rational, like there is no homosexuals in Iran, Ahmadinejad said so..

Do I get to cherry-pick a ding-bat from our own government and thereby prove the irrationality of the United States?  Huh, huh?! Do I? ;)
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline TracerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2009, 10:19:56 AM »
Another definition of "screwed" is draft notices in the mail for a war where we had 407,000 troops killed, like in WW-ll. Or Korea where we lost 37,000, Vietnam where we lost 58,000. We lost 25,000 in the war of Independence and over 600,000 in the Civil War. In WW-l we lost 116,000.

Thank the Lord we still have young troops with the courage to answer the call but the fact is its an entirely volunteer military now. There isn't going to be any draft notices coming in the mail and the sacrifices made by our current crop of youngsters will only be made by a very few. Any kid nowadays that thinks they are "screwed" thanks to the actions of past Americans must have cut history class an awful lot in high school. I myself always thanked my fathers generation for their sacrifices in lieu of making snide remarks, blaming them in pity parties. I would have nothing, not even freedom, if not for them and I hope the 30 years Ive spent wearing uniforms are at least a partial repayment for what they gave me. But deep down I know I'll never be able to repay these men and woman for all they gave me. All I can do is honor them.

Kid you need a buzz cut, a squared away rack, a DI instead of a mommie, and about a 4 year world tour in the War corp. before you earn the right to talk like that. Yes you will be in a world of chit, and yes you will still sound silly, but at least by then you'll appreciate the sacrifices made by others so you can sit there and jerk your joystick 8 hours a day.

I know your just a kid and dont know any better. And maybe I'm making to much of it. But your silly little comment really bugs me.

Well Said Rich, and Salute to you for your service.  I am one who has not served, but appreciate and respect those that have.  There are some that paid attention durring history lessons.   :salute

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2009, 10:26:16 AM »
Pakistan?
Bear in mind that they have nooks....
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)