Author Topic: Next war???  (Read 3436 times)

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
Re: Next war???
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2009, 08:08:14 PM »
Kinda tough to remove the fan blinders sir.  Apologies.  It's more what I wanted, than anything on that one.
roger
 :salute

Offline EagleEyes

• Silver Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/bassim
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2009, 10:05:48 PM »
So the Top 3 would be.....

1. Iran
2. North Korea
3. Pakistan

I believe something could happen with China over Taiwan.  Not saying in the near future, but something that will happen eventually.  I dont forsee the US being the sole world power for the next 100 years.  If Russia and China joined up that would be some serious trouble for us.  If all the European powers joined up and became the United Nations of Europe that wouldnt necessary be a bad thing, but it would definitely hurt the US as being the worlds only Super Power.....
Joedog31

GL IV./JG4 for Red Storm Krupp Steel
***The Flying Circus*** MA
334th FS "The Eagles" - FSO

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2009, 10:30:50 PM »
I dont think Iran or Pakistan would bring us a major war. Even Iraq was still more of a police action then anything and we seem to do that a lot. I think Korea will probably start off that way and then China will step in and we will have our hands full. For now China is content to grow their industry and we will go along with that probably until its too late and China has a big stick. Then life is going to suck here there and every where.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2009, 10:44:32 PM »
Would the US really go to a full-blown war with Russia? I'm not so sure I think you're too chicken to do that.  :D

Of course, that depends on what the situation is. Let's say the small countries in the Baltic gets run over. They are NATO members so whaddya do?

Isn't Russia's population only like 1/2 that of America's?

It honestly sounds like they've got #s and firepower over us, which they don't.

Says 140,000,000 here:

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/print/rs.html

Says 303,000,000 for US at the same place.

Personally, IMHO, it would be China as our #1. Why? In this declining economy, their people are losing jobs, and if it gets too bad, millions will be starving, and the only thing for China to do, to make it look like it isn't the governments fault, is to go to war.

Says here their jobless % is 4.2, and in some instances, I think it mentioned 4.3

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2009-01/20/content_10688189.htm
No one knows what the future may bring.

Online mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2009, 10:50:07 PM »
the next war, same as every morning, getting out of bed and being productive. I hardly ever win.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2009, 11:11:30 PM »
So the Top 3 would be.....

1. Iran
2. North Korea
3. Pakistan

I believe something could happen with China over Taiwan.  Not saying in the near future, but something that will happen eventually.  I dont forsee the US being the sole world power for the next 100 years.  If Russia and China joined up that would be some serious trouble for us.  If all the European powers joined up and became the United Nations of Europe that wouldnt necessary be a bad thing, but it would definitely hurt the US as being the worlds only Super Power.....

Iran = we start it

North Korea = they start it

Pakistan = Dell tech support starts it.

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2009, 11:13:23 PM »
Iran = we start it

North Korea = they start it

Pakistan = Dell tech support starts it.

:rofl :rofl

Sig material
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline TOMCAT21

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2009, 02:18:12 AM »
I dont care who we fight, I go where Uncle Sam tells me.  Anybody that threatens our way of life ...all enemies foreign and domestic... :salute
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 02:21:09 AM by TOMCAT21 »
RETIRED US Army/ Flying and dying since Tour 80/"We're paratroopers, Lieutenant, we're supposed to be surrounded." - Capt. Richard Winters.  FSO 412th FNVG/MA- REGULATORS

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2009, 02:34:28 AM »
Isn't Russia's population only like 1/2 that of America's?

It honestly sounds like they've got #s and firepower over us, which they don't.

Says 140,000,000 here:

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/print/rs.html

Says 303,000,000 for US at the same place.

Personally, IMHO, it would be China as our #1. Why? In this declining economy, their people are losing jobs, and if it gets too bad, millions will be starving, and the only thing for China to do, to make it look like it isn't the governments fault, is to go to war.

Says here their jobless % is 4.2, and in some instances, I think it mentioned 4.3

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2009-01/20/content_10688189.htm

When has the USA started war with a nation which is even close to their own manufacturing and army strength? And picking a fight with a BIG nuclear power as well? Don't thing that one would go well, nor being likely to happen, since relations and trade with Russia have been improving.
And the Chinese, - what do you think they would do? Invade the USA? In this declining economy every country is losing jobs, and there are perhaps bad days ahead. But the chinese didn't have the good days for too long, - they are much less pampered than we are.
Anyway, Moray had an interesting point. The Chinese REALLY are playing like you would do in "Age of Empires", - they are buying resources for the future. Not just in Africa, also in Europe. They buy entire FORESTS for that sake.
Now that might slow or stop, since there is a big claim now for more transparincy (how do you spell that word) in business, - i.e. that is can better be seen who is behind a buy, - who owns who. But will that be early enough to avoid big blocks of power being held at a blackmailing gunpoint, - : "Sorry, you are out of metal and lumber"  :devil. That could lead to conflicts...
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline Phaser11

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2009, 06:41:54 AM »
"And yes Johnny, EVERY COUNTRY has a Nuclear, Biological and Chemical warfare program. Every single one. "

Nope.

And the ones having nooks are not that many at all.

I did not say HAD weapons, but they all have programs in R and D.
Phaser11,

"Long time we no get drunk together nathen"
"Silence! I kill you"

Offline Marauding Conan

• Copper Member
« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2009, 06:51:56 AM »

I am also thinking maybe Iran? They have been problem causers for a while now. Plus they are housing al-Quida and the Taliban with supplies.

Sounds like something Bush would say. Even though, everyone knows that Al-queda and taliban does not get along with the Iranies, somebody will still try that trick.

Offline Nightshift82

• Nickel Member
« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2009, 08:49:31 AM »
I think if anything, it will be small conflicts.  China is content with industrializing their nation, they still have much more growing room.  They are going through what the US went through during the industrial revolution.  Majority of China's population are still "peasants".  North Korea can be summed up as Soviet Russia in the cold war, isolationist, flexes her muscles but knows better not to stir the pot.  I doubt that there is any country in the world that wants to start anything with a NATO country, much less the US, results would be way to devastating.  Iran most likely doesn't want to start anything, I think they learned from the Gulf War that it's way to risky.  As far as Pakistan, they are too busy with India, also with US presence already in the region, they're going to behave themselves.  Keep in mind that Nuclear weapons are meant for use as a deterrent, not as an opening strike weapon, as everyone should know if a nuke was used as a starting blow, it would be all over quickly for the aggressor and possibly the entire planet.
Night5  
First tour: 55  (If anyone cares.......)

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2009, 09:07:39 AM »
the chinese have already started the most recent war with america, its one that we will lose.

they have the population and infrastructure to take us on in the world market place.

it worked for japan in the 70's and 80's, they out built, out engineered and out sold us in every technological field. they whipped our azzes hands down. the sickest part of it was they did it by selling to us our own demise.

every product that you buy that is made over seas takes money out of our economy and puts it into theirs. we feed the economic machines of our own destruction.

japans down fall was to over invest into the american infrastructure after they had the financial upper hand. so essentially they tied their fate to ours. it would have been the equivalent to 1944 england investing money into german industrial companies while still bombing them at night.

Nightshift we were typing at the same time! <SALUTE>

the chinese have already started buying up world resources and are selling their scabbed low budget goods to america by the boat load. their margin of profit on all of the wally world products we so happily throw money away for everyday feeds their buying power.

they are still a communist nation, their government still enjoys the ability to strangle any public out cry. as a secretive and mostly closed society they can still demand that their public do whatever the government demands. look at the state enforced birth control laws that have yet to be repealed or abandoned.

they are just making themselves known on the world market place recently and already their impact is colossal.

the chinese people that live in the country side are still near stone age living conditions and starving, but that doesnt stop the powers that be from investing heavily in the pop and flare of the world. point being that although they have 1.3ish billion people, those in charge will happily allow their population to starve and suffer without guilt, as long as those in control get what they want. this they have proven many times in just the past 40 years.

they will monopolize vast markets in the world economy and then they will strangle out their enemies financially. this is the only type of war that america cannot win.

sorry, but we have already proven we are too stupid, too self centered and too short sighted to win it.

no nation could actually stand toe to toe with the american war machine, so no intelligent nation would bother to try. so i doubt we will ever engage in more than minor military events any time soon. but if you control the world economy you control the world, including america.
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2009, 09:58:34 AM »
I was listening to a report on Pakistan last night, and low and behold the were discussing the possibility of civil war.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2009, 11:30:04 AM »
"And its one you'll never have to fight. You'll never know the terror of the Cold War because your fathers held the line against an enemy that makes Al Qaeda look like a boy scout troop. So have a little respect sonnie. A lot of us here grew up in a world far, far scarier then anyone you'll ever know."

Actually this is a major mis-statement. While the situation above was very real (few people realize we came very close to a nuclear exchange in 1973 [real reason for detante]) the truth is that the current realities are much worse in many ways. We view wars in the geopolitical context historically. The major issue we face going forward is the changing face of war itself. I think our next major war will start much like our current ones, in response to a major attack on our interests. While Obama's intent is good the reality is that the moderate muslim mainstream has minimal influence on radical elements. I'd expect a major domestic attack with massive casualties in the next 2-3 years. I think that this attack will be severe enough (100k+) that it will trigger a tactical nuclear response and create a 21st century version of the monroe doctrine. In effect we will hold nations responsible for the vermin they allow. If those elements get out of hand then the nation state unable to police the problem will have it handled externally. I'd say the two most likely candidates for delousing are the tribal area's of Pakistan and north korea...

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson