Author Topic: 109G6 Template  (Read 891 times)

Offline Klauss

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
109G6 Template
« on: February 04, 2009, 03:12:00 PM »
Hello all,

I am new to the skinning process. I've downloaded Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended, and want to start a 109G6 skin. Can somebody send me the the template for it? If this is wrong to ask for it, please do tell. If i could have a 109G6 template, i would have more time to spend on the details and graphics. Thank you in advance for the help. <S>

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
Re: 109G6 Template
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 09:14:15 PM »
Typically most people won't send this sort of thing around.

I know I was sent one by another member here but I only used it as a guide, I still did everything myself.

I later started 100% from scratch and made my own template for the 109K series.

It is worth doing it yourself. It takes a lot of time but you only need to do it once if you do it right.
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline Lord ReDhAwK

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.revivecomputing.com/aggressors
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 04:52:18 AM »
IN before Fencer!

Klauss, nobody is going to give you a template.  And trying to soften it with "it would give me more time for detailing" is insulting.  Most of us spend anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months per skin we do.  Any search of this forum would have shown you this.  Dig in with both hands and have some fun with it. 

ReDhAwK
C.O.
The Aggressors

Offline Klauss

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 05:30:12 AM »
I've tried to "dig in with both hands", on the panel lines, i can get most of them, but there are places where i don't know exactly what to follow (area around the cockpit and engine area). I pretty much ask for this skin to see "what exactly" i should mark. Not trying to insult anybody, i was just asking. I thought this was some sort of "help". Anyway, I'd better let the skinning job to the skinners.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 06:04:19 AM »
HI Klauss,

Look for web resources on the 109s - there shoudl be many sites that have line drawings showing the panel lines, or up close photos of warbirds might help.   Also, take a look at books such as Osprey's Me109 Aces of the xxxxxxxxx Series.

I wouldn't let missing a few panel lines stop me from continuing to work on a skin - you will learn a lot by digging in, and you will eventually develop a library of resources to use.   You will eventually discover somewhere what those missing panel lines look like (go into the game and zoom in externally on a good skinner's 109 and pan around it).   In the meantime, there is plenty learn about weathering, scratches, dirt, stains, etc.

Good Luck.

Offline Klauss

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2009, 06:37:58 AM »
I've searched just moments ago pictures of 109G6's panel lines and rivets (this is the website : http://109lair.hobbyvista.com/drawings/drawings_menu.htm ), found great pictures, they look great. Pictures contain only rivets and panel lines. Found them useful. If i finally get the panel lines and rivets right. I will share them with anybody around here. Don't like like this "I've worked, why won't you" thing. But that's just me. Here is the skin i will be doing after i finish panel lines and rivets. hope you like it.

Offline Fencer51

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2009, 09:15:33 AM »
IN before Fencer!

Klauss, nobody is going to give you a template.  And trying to soften it with "it would give me more time for detailing" is insulting.  Most of us spend anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months per skin we do.  Any search of this forum would have shown you this.  Dig in with both hands and have some fun with it. 

ReDhAwK

I saw it, but it was so funny that I let it go.  Like there is a deadline to complete one..  :rofl
Fencer
The names of the irrelevant have been changed to protect their irrelevance.
The names of the innocent and the guilty have not been changed.
As for the innocent, everyone needs to know they are innocent –
As for the guilty… they can suck it.

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2009, 09:10:33 PM »
Klauss, I sent you all of my Bf-109 files, including color swatches and references. Thats what squaddies are for! :D
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 09:12:23 PM by Serenity »

Offline Klauss

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2009, 07:17:51 AM »
Thank you Serenity :salute