Author Topic: Town glitch with troops  (Read 616 times)

Offline choker41

• Copper Member
Town glitch with troops
« on: February 06, 2009, 12:59:07 AM »
We couldn't take A 100 lastnight on Trinity map. View film around 6:20.  The we brought more troops in on same film with no avail.  My knight troops released were bishop troops.  Moments later Duhasst's troops disappeared.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ey1yoojzonu
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 01:10:58 AM by choker41 »
Formerly known as choker41
Proud member of the Swampdragons
IN GAME ID:   FUBAR

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
Re: Town glitch with troops
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 08:06:38 AM »
Theres no bug. The town was very close to the base and the base ack "killed" the troops. Just like when theres an ack up on a V base or in the town. Next time kill all the acks closest to the town and you wont have a problem.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline choker41

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 11:13:27 AM »
Did you watch the video?  My troops that I let out were Bishops and the last I saw I was a Knight.  When we were defending the town had squaddie set up between town and field and no ack was firing.

Offline NOT

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 12:43:30 PM »
Larry is correct, if the ack was up on that end of the field, it killed your troops. there are a few bases on Trinity, and Ozkansas, that are like that.

NOT

AKNOT

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 02:06:21 PM »
Film viewer shows all troops as bish, and an ack gun within range will kill the troops whether you see it firing at them or not.
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH

Offline choker41

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2009, 10:58:17 AM »
Ok I get the ack on field may have killed them.  What I don't get is why my troops were let out as Bishops?

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2009, 02:33:45 PM »
Film viewer shows all troops as bish,
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH

Offline stroker71

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2009, 10:01:17 PM »
Well I was there and we where knights...so again why did the troops come out as bish?  I was on the base side of the town in a osti and took out several guns and a bomber hanger for kicks while waiting on choker to get into town.  The base ack was not firing at me so how did it kill the troops as they were further away.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 10:03:25 PM by stroker71 »
Back to DuHasst
Here since tour 84
Quote by Uptown "It's one thing to play the game...quite another to live there."

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2009, 10:20:24 PM »
Well I was there and we where knights...so again why did the troops come out as bish?

I would guess the game takes any non-human unit and turns them to the "default country", Bish.

I was on the base side of the town in a osti and took out several guns and a bomber hanger for kicks while waiting on choker to get into town.  The base ack was not firing at me so how did it kill the troops as they were further away.

Ack doesn't have to fire to kill troops.

You two have always had bad luck and you know it. :D
ID: Xcelsior
R.I.P. Fallen Friends & Family

"The only ones who should kill are those prepared to be killed"

Offline choker41

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2009, 12:06:43 AM »
I think I should just be given the credit for the capture myself  :devil

Offline MachNix

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2009, 01:28:06 AM »
Choker41,

As you figured out, if an auto ack is within a certain range of the map room, the troops are “killed” and they disappear.  Since you were doing the filming and they where your troops, you got to see what really happens behind the scenes.  The troops go invisible, have their country bits flipped to the country that owns the field, and then continue to run to the map room. (At least that is my theory.)  The fact that the troops you dropped remain visible in your film is the real bug – unless that is the way the film viewer was designed.  You noticed that Duhasst’s troops behaved as expected and just disappeared in your film.  Had he been filming, his film may have shown his troops changed countries too.