Author Topic: Wirbelwind under furballs  (Read 3535 times)

Offline dunnrite

• Silver Member
Re: Wirbelwind under furballs
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2009, 01:34:02 PM »
My question would be .. 'Why do you furball over a GV spawn?'  The map tells you where they are.. don't go there.

Makes about as much sense as furballing around an enemy fleet and complaining about puffy ack.

:aok
Amazing you could actually recruit that much suck into one squad.
Your Proctologist called, they found your head.

Offline lowZX14

• Silver Member
      • Home of the 325th Checkertails VFG
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2009, 01:35:45 PM »
Just what I read on the home page  http://www2.hitechcreations.com/frindex.html

Welcome to the Internets premier WWII combat experience!
  • engage in air sea or land combat
    create your own mission
    form a squadron
    partecipate in historical scenarios

then I ask myself why HTC has modeled hangars, cities, supplying systems, meteo, para troops......and so on

This is definitely a flight sim, to me (but I'll let you use it as you want without throwing any sentence ) :D

Ok, can you not create missions with vehicles as well?  Are vehicles not involved in scenarios?
The answers to those are yes, and why yes they are.

Like I said before, it is primarily used as a flight sim, I'm just getting tired of people ranting and raving that it is only that and nothing more.  The one thing I totally agree with is that everyone will play how they like, and there is nothing wrong with that.  There is no wrong or right way to play the game.  Some folks want to feel immersion, some folks just want to play a "game".  Some folks like gv's, some don't.  Some like bombing, some don't.  This thing is as everything else is in life, when you have 2 or more people get together with some common link, there will be differences.  Who's to say who is right and who is wrong, it's all individual perception.  I do agree that some things people do are lame to me, but they're not to them, and it doesn't matter if they do them in a fighter, bomber, gv, PT boat, field gun, Shore Batt, or whatever.
lowZX14
325th Checkertails VFG
www.325thcheckertailsvfg.com

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2009, 01:52:49 PM »
My question would be .. 'Why do you furball over a GV spawn?'  The map tells you where they are.. don't go there.

Makes about as much sense as furballing around an enemy fleet and complaining about puffy ack.

I agree Drone. Well except that I have found myself defending a base and the cv so close that puffy ack was puffing at me. But yeah, tell em how to read the map. :rofl :rofl

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2009, 02:04:31 PM »
Nothing beats a field gun with tracers off when they think they've deacked a field its hilarious.  :rock

As I pointed out in another thread, there is no such thing as a manned ack without tracers anymore. Unfortunately.
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2009, 02:11:45 PM »
As I pointed out in another thread, there is no such thing as a manned ack without tracers anymore. Unfortunately.

I turn off the tracers in manned ack and in WWs. Why let them know you're there and in which direction you are shooting.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2009, 02:13:15 PM »
I dont think I have ever seen tracer from my ack gun.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2009, 02:18:17 PM »
Just some skilless ppl that cant get kills the hard way.

Define "the hard way"?
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2009, 02:20:10 PM »
It disables tracers on your FE but other people still see it.
-AoM-

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2009, 02:29:50 PM »
the spawn from v2 to A1 on trinity  is usually pretty epic, 

You can't please everyone ALL the time and if you attempt to your an ass.
lol bruv said ass.... but it was brit for dumb dumb poo poo head

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2009, 02:33:43 PM »
No offense to the OP, but isn't this a little whiney?  This really can't happen that often enough to be an issue.  GV's can't just magically spawn below furballs.  Sure, I've been killed by GV's before while in a low altitude dogfight but 90% of the time it's because it's too close to a base.  Being a furballer, even I can't whine about this particular issue because it just doesn't happen often enough for it to really annoy me.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2009, 02:55:44 PM »
This really can't happen that often enough to be an issue.  GV's can't just magically spawn below furballs.

Yes they can, grizz.  Your countryman were doing it last night next to our airfield.  One second there are no gv's; we kill some enemy aircraft in a multi-bandit engagement; the next second the ones we shot down immediately up wirbels and start firing.

Dismissing a legitimate criticism as a "whine" is not an argument, but rather indicates a bit of laziness in meeting the criticism head-on.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 03:11:07 PM by Anaxogoras »
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2009, 03:03:58 PM »
Strokes

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2009, 03:04:19 PM »

Think about it.  Where do enemy gv's spawn.  Oh yeah, right next to your base.  Kind of hard to avoid the area that's a 2 mile radius around your own airfield.  Reductio ad absurdum.

This lesson brought to you by putting 2 and 2 together. ;)
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2009, 03:10:16 PM »
I got bagged by a wirble the other night... I was in the middle of an awesome fight with B4Buster.

(Happy you didn't mention the sortie before that where you kicked my butt LOL!)

Yup was a real fun furball. I'm against this too, I know low and slow aircraft were subject to ack in real WW2, that doesn't mean us furballers have to like it though does it?  :) I've had many fun fights ruined because of whirlyturds.

I agree with Larry about dampening WW's strenghth on buildings. It's amazing how fast a town will go down with 5+ wirbs, and it's extremely hard to kill them without making a suicde run on them.

IMO the WW should be lightly perked like the T-34/85
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline ScatterFire

• Zinc Member
« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2009, 03:15:36 PM »
Yes they can, grizz.  Your countryman were doing it last night next to our airfield.  One second there are no gv's; we kill some enemy aircraft in a multi-bandit engagement; the next second the ones we shot down immediately up wirbels and start firing.

Dismissing a legitimate criticism as a "whine" is not an argument, but rather indicates a bit of laziness in meeting the criticism head-on.
Then that would be a problem with the map spawn points, NOT a problem with using the GV.  I agree that a GV shouldn't spawn right on your base or town....
Scatter1:
With bullets of rubber and armor of tissue I throw myself at my enemy.

Law of Devine Intervention:
All skill is in vain when an Angel pees in the touchhole of your musket.