Author Topic: AvA now a Furball arena  (Read 2188 times)

Offline eagleheartone

• Copper Member
AvA now a Furball arena
« on: February 06, 2009, 08:16:46 PM »
Since all the troop carrying equipment are disabled, you are taking away allot of player's options to work as a squad.  I like the Ava, awsome maps.... NO ENY !!!!!!!!  but; same old politics as the MA's.  Wasn't  the Ava set up for Squad operation's, so that they can actually have a purpose and a final goal to achieve?  Axis Vs Allies, nice scenario's and 1 country vs another country?  From reading a few post in here, seems all that we have is a Mini MA.   Go Figure....  Staff.... if you want your own seperate Arena... so that you can control the variey of players... I would suggest that you grabb the testicles, and make it yours to run.   Just a thought....

Eagle
Eaglehrt

CO.  5th SFG "S.O.A.R."

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: AvA now a Furball arena
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 12:28:34 AM »
Staff.... if you want your own seperate Arena... so that you can control the variey of players... I would suggest that you grabb the testicles, and make it yours to run.   Just a thought....

....I...uh...I don't quite know how to respond to this.

...um...Eaglheartone, thank you for participating in this forum....

- oldman

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 01:01:35 AM »
I was caught vulching my shade so now I'm trying to start some fights and get peoples attention away from the fact that I'm a low life.

That about does it.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 04:49:00 AM »
 :lol
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2009, 07:34:18 AM »
Come in more often, there's many different set-ups that are run. They change every Friday
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2009, 08:26:14 AM »
Since all the troop carrying equipment are disabled, you are taking away allot of player's options to work as a squad.  I like the Ava, awsome maps.... NO ENY !!!!!!!!  but; same old politics as the MA's.  Wasn't  the Ava set up for Squad operation's, so that they can actually have a purpose and a final goal to achieve?  Axis Vs Allies, nice scenario's and 1 country vs another country?  From reading a few post in here, seems all that we have is a Mini MA.   Go Figure....  Staff.... if you want your own seperate Arena... so that you can control the variey of players... I would suggest that you grabb the testicles, and make it yours to run.   Just a thought....

Eagle

Im sorry if this comes by Harsh and rude but YOU GUYS(5th SOAR) NEVER WANTED TO FIGHT. All you did was take all the bases. I've seen yall do it almost everytime yall were on there. The time I have been in there(which is longer than you), it has never been a mini MA(people just want it to be). Everything is usually cool(except when 49th and Jg54 get in it on occasions) other than it is good ole dogfighting. When there are only 6 people on, there is no base take. Take your crap to the MA and stop crying about and grab your own testicles

Peace
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline blkmgc

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2009, 08:46:06 AM »
As over exuberant that EHO may be, he does have a point. I think many of us who have left were hoping that the AVA would be more than a furball arena since CT was axed. I'm still hoping that an historical arena with realistic settings and "squad side lock for tour" and no ez mode field caps , and life limits enabled will appear. Maybe someday.
Debdenboys.comAdministrator

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2009, 11:40:27 AM »
SOAP's now in AvA? Cool, maybe I can now give EW a try again :D
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2009, 11:45:05 AM »
 :lol
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline Iron_Cross

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2009, 01:54:27 AM »
Take your crap to the MA and stop crying about and grab your own testicles

Peace

Now Fudgums,  you know that the S.O.A.R.S. would never be caught dead in the LWA.   Their l33t, mad skilz are only for milking the EWA.  Besides, he couldn't fight his way out of a wet paper sack, runs and hides when someone calls him out, and the amount of empty smack-talk that boy can produce out of his mouth, is hilarious.

SOAP's now in AvA? Cool, maybe I can now give EW a try again :D

I only wish, Lusche, I can only wish, but that likelihood is dashed by the fact that they have a "rep" to uphold in the EWA as the "premiere" EWA, base taking squad. :rofl

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2009, 09:03:42 AM »

I do, so I'll keep my mouth shut.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2009, 11:19:54 AM »
Soar is in the AVA ? You all giving them unlimited supplies if 2Ds?
See Rule #4

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2009, 07:26:43 PM »
And this is bad how again?  Air games and  Furballs...  Kinda go hand in hand don't they?

SOARS?  Was in AvA couple nights ago and the only SOAR pilot there refused to come up and fight.  Saying he was waiting on his squaddies to arrive so they could start taking bases.  I believe he said "Then you'll wish you didn't want to fight" or words to that effect.

Waited over a half hour, much to Bytor's chagrin, and left when it was apparent that the only SOAR guy in AvA was there to report if it was empty or not.  :rofl :rofl

- oldman
I do.

Aces High II ~~ Cartoon pilots vying for the skies in cartoon planes.

Air combat sim cum MMO

Take a hint at the Air and Skies part of the game.  WW2 Flight combat simulation.

If it was a ground attack game, it'd stress ground combat like Battle Ground Europe and most likely be called Aces LOW.

Okay, so I have this low threshold for folks that keep wanting something opposite from what they pay for.  You want ground combat, try TotalSims WW2 Tank sim Armored Assault.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 10:10:56 PM by Odee »
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2009, 03:15:59 PM »
i like all aspects of the game, the ships, the GV's and base taking and the aerial combat. i dont understand why people think thats a bad thing??

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2009, 03:17:58 PM »
i like all aspects of the game, the ships, the GV's and base taking and the aerial combat. i dont understand why people think thats a bad thing??

b/c they are honestly side show to the planes. 
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace