Author Topic: Youre Thoughts U.S.A  (Read 2732 times)

Offline Blake7

• Zinc Member
Youre Thoughts U.S.A
« on: February 07, 2009, 08:09:09 PM »
just wondered what you guys state side think of the Eurofighter Typhoon ii

If you havent seen one yet check this link out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcFZcF17GJk&NR=1
Wir sind die schwarzen Husaren der Luft,
Die Stukas, die Stukas, die Stukas!
Immer bereit, wenn der Einsatz uns ruft,

Offline Gabriel

• Copper Member
Re: Youre Thoughts U.S.A
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 08:38:52 PM »
On the WIKI there is a pilot who has flown both the Typhoon and the Raptor and speaks highly of each

and this

'In 2005, a trainer Eurofighter T1 was reported to have had a chance encounter the previous year with two U.S. Air Force F-15Es over the Lake District in the north of England. The encounter became a mock dogfight with the Eurofighter allegedly emerging victorious.[98][99][verification needed]

In the 2005 Singapore evaluation, the Typhoon won all three combat tests, including one in which a single Typhoon defeated three RSAF F-16s, and reliably completed all planned flight tests.[100][101][verification needed] Singapore still went on to buy the F-15 due to uncertainty over Typhoon tranche 2 delivery dates.

During the exercise "Typhoon Meet" held in 2008, Eurofighters flew against F/A-18 Hornets, Mirage F1s, Harriers and F-16s in a mock combat exercise. It is claimed that the Eurofighters won all engagements (even outnumbered 8 vs 27) without suffering losses.[102][103]

The aviation magazine "Flug Revue" reports that in 2008 German Typhoon were pitted against French Rafales. The results are said to be "extremely gratifying" for the Typhoon based on the "much greater thrust of the EJ200 engine". [104]'

And, afterall, if annoying the French isn't mission accomplished then what is :)

Offline Blake7

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 09:50:37 PM »
 :D :D :D :D enough said  :salute

Offline Blake7

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 09:53:12 PM »
ok F22 Vs Typhoon What Would be the outcome

Offline CAVPFCDD

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2009, 10:08:23 PM »
raptor, this thing isn't stealth, they tried to make it stealthy but it's no raptor

the US has always been on the cutting age with military technology... thats about it, our cars suck (almost as much as british cars  :lol)
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Georgia I eat a peach for peace." - Duane Allman

"Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil." Jerry Garcia

Offline Blake7

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2009, 11:08:28 PM »
i cant say nothing about British cars since i own a  99 Chrysler Neon (yes they do sell them in the uk)
And What about The Shelby Mustang GT500  no way does that car suck.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 11:11:28 PM by Blake7 »

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2009, 01:29:44 AM »
i cant say nothing about British cars since i own a  99 Chrysler Neon (yes they do sell them in the uk)

In 40 years of driving, I'll bet that I've owned more British vehicles than most Brits. A '64 Cortina, a '67 MGB, a '69 Spitfire, a '72 MG Midget, a '78 MG Midget, plus a 1969 BSA Victor and a '73 Norton 850 Commando.

How about French cars? A 1980 Renault R5 and a 1982 Renault Fuego Turbo (wife's).

Italian? '58 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce and a '71 1750 GT Veloce.

Japanese? '80 Toyota Corolla SR5 Liftback (wife's), '85 Nissan 300ZX, '88 Nissan Sentra (wife's) a '92 Suzuki Sidekick 4dr, an '02 Subaru WRX, an '03 Suzuki Aerio SX and another '03 Aerio sedan (wife's), and an '04 Honda S2000.

American iron: '65 Chevy Corvair, '67 Chevy Corvair Monza, '81 Buick Regal Turbo, '86 Shelby GLHS, '94 Dodge Grand Caravan (wife's), a '63 Willys-Jeep CJ-5 (Buick 231ci Turbo, Borg-Warner 4-speed, roll cage, 2.5" suspension lift, 2" body lift, 36" Cepeks. Rancho shocks and dual steering dampers), a '92 Jeep Wrangler YJ Sport (5 speed, 1.5" suspension lift, 30" BFGs) and an 08' Jeep Wrangler JK (32" BFG MTs, Mopar rock rails, Mopar steering gear skid plate, Skidrow Evap canister skid plate, Mopar windshield mounted mirrors for when doors are off, Freedom Top, KC lights, and a lot more fun stuff). Add to that another three motorcycles over the years.

Over the course of 40 years, we've (mostly me) gone through 30 cars, SUVs and bikes. More than half of them new, the balance used. Too many, far too many. The Shelby and Jeeps were my favorites. All very entertaining.

Over the past few years, we cleaned out the garage. Sold the WRX, sold the S2000 to a guy headed to Florida, and I traded in the Aerio SX when I bought the new Jeep.

The Jeep is warrantied bumper to bumper for life... Really, Chrysler offered to extend the lifetime powertrain coverage to the entire vehicle for $1,600. An A/C compressor costs $900... I don't expect to buy another vehicle for a long time. My wife doesn't believe me.... I wonder why?

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2009, 01:55:10 AM »

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<drools over the gt500.

raptor would win i think.

i saw the post stating that the eurofighter took on the falcons, eagles, and hornets.......but i would have to see that myself. i think.

as for stealth.......
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2009, 02:18:49 AM »
haha did you enjoy the R5 widewing ?  :D
now posting as SirNuke

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2009, 06:15:36 AM »
Was it the regular R5, or a "Turbo"?
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2009, 08:29:42 AM »
Standard R5... Was an utterly reliable commuter car. 1.4 liter, 4 speed (console mounted shifter, unlike the odd dash mounting in others). Quite amazing in snow. I drove it thru 16 inches of extremely cold, very powdery snow. We opted to use the R5 for a ski trip to Vermont as the rear drive Regal and Corolla were useless in snow.

R5s sold in the states carried the ridiculous "LeCar" badge. Actually, huge stickers on the bottom edge of each door. After much searching, I purchased new stickers converting LeCar into LePew.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2009, 09:11:31 AM »
Standard R5... Was an utterly reliable commuter car. 1.4 liter, 4 speed (console mounted shifter, unlike the odd dash mounting in others). Quite amazing in snow. I drove it thru 16 inches of extremely cold, very powdery snow. We opted to use the R5 for a ski trip to Vermont as the rear drive Regal and Corolla were useless in snow.

R5s sold in the states carried the ridiculous "LeCar" badge. Actually, huge stickers on the bottom edge of each door. After much searching, I purchased new stickers converting LeCar into LePew.

My regards,

Widewing

Hey now you know why all our cars are front wheel drives...can't think of good reason to build back wheel drives actually. LePew seems good for a R5  :rock
now posting as SirNuke

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2009, 09:22:25 AM »
Come on.. A beauty like the pininfarina 406 deserves rwd..
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2009, 09:22:51 AM »
can't think of good reason to build back wheel drives actually.
Better wt distribution for 1.
See Rule #4

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2009, 09:38:52 AM »
Hey now you know why all our cars are front wheel drives...can't think of good reason to build back wheel drives actually. LePew seems good for a R5  :rock

Renault's front drive system on the R5 didn't use a transverse engine, making it the odd duck of the type. It worked well tho... The damn Weber wouldn't hold idle well without regular adjustment. I finally went with aftermarket "gross jets" for it. Improved power, mileage and it idled properly. It was a bare-bones car.. However, that made it simple and simple meant it was extremely reliable. Aside from upgrading the Weber, the only not normal wear component ever replaced was a frayed throttle cable. Even that was 5 minute installation. Other than that, a replacement exhaust system at around 40k miles, one set of brake pads and a new set of Michelins at 50k miles. I could eek out 40 mpg on the highway. I sold it to a neighbor in 1985, and he drove it locally for another 5 years.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing