Author Topic: Youre Thoughts U.S.A  (Read 2731 times)

Offline CAVPFCDD

• Nickel Member
Re: Youre Thoughts U.S.A
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2009, 11:14:39 AM »
woops my little side comment started a side conversation lol

back to the question at hand!

once again, raptor, because if theres one thing we're good at, its making planes

you don't mess with lockheed martin
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Georgia I eat a peach for peace." - Duane Allman

"Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil." Jerry Garcia

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2009, 11:23:46 AM »
My latest Jeep, on Fire Island about two weeks after purchase. No mods yet, other than adding the 1950's 4 Wheel Drive decals to the sides and back. The Goodyears on it in the photo are back on it now. Much better in snow that the BFG Mud/Terrains, which will go back on in the spring. The BFGs are mounted on Cragar 17"x7.5" steel wheels (black powder coat). Steel is better for harsh off-road conditions. Aluminum wheels often crack when really pounded. Steel wheels are $80, the mags run over $200.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2009, 01:15:43 PM »
The Euro fighter wouldn't stand a chance against a F22 or the Russian Sukhoi 35.
Lighten up Francis

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2009, 01:36:55 PM »
The Euro fighter wouldn't stand a chance against a F22 or the Russian Sukhoi 35.

Of course it would, at least against the SU-35. Dont forget the Euro's are making what is widely acknowledged to be the best ATA missile right now. The Meteor BVRAAM, or at least it will be equipping EFs in the future. The EF is a competitive design with a fine sensors suite. All the American experts who have either been involved in the program, or have flown the EF, have been impressed by it. The real problem with it however is its so darn expensive. No matter how you cut it, or what you call it, you are paying 5'th generation prices for a 4.5 generation aircraft.

But theres no question the EF would perform very well against the SU's or the MIG super planes :huh being built by Russia. Of course nothing can touch the F-22 but the EF wasn't designed to fight the F-22 and I doubt we'll be going to war against NATO any time soon.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Blake7

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2009, 02:37:55 PM »
while were all talking about planes and cars check out this link

BUGATTI VEYRON Vs EUROFIGHTER TYPHOON ii DRAG RACE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NZ9X9A2efA

Tell me what you think of the vid here 

Begs the Question Veyron Vs Raptor?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 02:42:28 PM by Blake7 »
Wir sind die schwarzen Husaren der Luft,
Die Stukas, die Stukas, die Stukas!
Immer bereit, wenn der Einsatz uns ruft,
Die Stukas, die Stukas, die Stukas!

Offline CAVPFCDD

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2009, 04:52:55 PM »
any of you read the story about how about a third of russias fighter aircraft are air worthy, no $$$ to maintain the rest of their fleet
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Georgia I eat a peach for peace." - Duane Allman

"Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil." Jerry Garcia

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2009, 05:29:48 PM »
Of course it would, at least against the SU-35. Dont forget the Euro's are making what is widely acknowledged to be the best ATA missile right now. The Meteor BVRAAM, or at least it will be equipping EFs in the future. The EF is a competitive design with a fine sensors suite. All the American experts who have either been involved in the program, or have flown the EF, have been impressed by it. The real problem with it however is its so darn expensive. No matter how you cut it, or what you call it, you are paying 5'th generation prices for a 4.5 generation aircraft.

But theres no question the EF would perform very well against the SU's or the MIG super planes :huh being built by Russia. Of course nothing can touch the F-22 but the EF wasn't designed to fight the F-22 and I doubt we'll be going to war against NATO any time soon.

i would think that without its stealth capability, that a few fighters out there would compete very well with the raptor........i still however think we have the best equipment in the world......
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2009, 06:13:38 PM »
Stealth and missles aside, I wouldn't wanna dogfight against this thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWN3-s9ACpw
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2009, 07:53:06 PM »
My thoughts? I am personally impressed with the new plane the Germans made. Isn't that the one that may be the all around plane for all the countries? I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's that one. I do hope it goes into service, I'd like to see how it performs against Russian wings though.

:salute
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline Gabriel

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2009, 08:38:29 PM »
re Raptor and Typhoon, not really comparable.

Typhoon is as good or better than the rest,  the Raptor is really currently in a class of 1, nothing comparable YET.

best said here

Conclusions

What conclusions can we draw about the Typhoon ? The notion that the aircraft is "almost as good as an F-22" is not supportable, indeed upgrading the F-15 with engines and a radar/IRS&T/AAM package of the same generation as that of the Typhoon would equalise almost all advantages held by the Typhoon over older F-15C/E variants. By the same token, no upgrades performed on the F/A-18A/C would equalise the performance advantages of the Typhoon over these aircraft.

The strength of the Typhoon is its very modern and comprehensive avionic package, especially that in the RAF variant, and its excellent agility when operated around its optimum combat radius of about 300 NMI (a figure to be found in older Eurofighter literature, which has since disappeared with the export drive to compete against the bigger F-15 and F-22).

The Typhoon's weaknesses are its F/A-18C class weight and thrust and the implications of this in combat at extended operational radii, and the longer term sensitivity of its BVR weapons advantage to equivalent technological developments in opposing fighters.

In terms of where to position the Typhoon in the current menagerie of fighter aircraft, it can be best described as an F/A-18C sized fighter with BVR systems and agility performance better than older F-15 models, similar to growth F-15 models with same generation systems and engines, but inferior to the F-15 in useful operating radius. The Typhoon is not a stealth aircraft, despite various assertions to this effect, nor is it a genuine supercruiser like the F-22. Its design incorporates none of the features seen in very low observable types, nor does the EJ200 incorporate the unique design features of the F119 and F120 powerplants.

The Typhoon is certainly not a lemon, although the wisdom of mass producing a high performance conventional fighter of its ilk in a period where stealth is about to hit mass production in the F-22 and JSF programs could be seriously questioned. It represents what is likely to be the last major evolutionary step in the teen series design philosophy.

http://www.ausairpower.net/typhoon.html

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2009, 09:23:37 PM »
My latest Jeep, on Fire Island about two weeks after purchase. No mods yet, other than adding the 1950's 4 Wheel Drive decals to the sides and back. The Goodyears on it in the photo are back on it now. Much better in snow that the BFG Mud/Terrains, which will go back on in the spring. The BFGs are mounted on Cragar 17"x7.5" steel wheels (black powder coat). Steel is better for harsh off-road conditions. Aluminum wheels often crack when really pounded. Steel wheels are $80, the mags run over $200.

(Image removed from quote.)

My regards,

Widewing
hmmm...no syringes or dead bodies coming in with surf... :D
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline NEARY

• Nickel Member
      • The 18th FG Killer Chihuahuas
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2009, 10:47:42 PM »
Porche ( Por-sha) beats all ur stupid cars
The 18th FG Killer Chihuahuas.since tour 97.        CO: KCTHUNDR(me)
 ( NEARY tours 96- 107) 2nd in command: Penguin. www.freewebs.com/18thfg   in game i.d.: KCTHUNDR

OBey Teh ChIHuaHUa!!! BWAHAHAHAHA!!!11!!!1

Offline RedTeck

• Copper Member
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2009, 08:58:59 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb_jqsg13wY&eurl=http://www.twittlefrance.com/topic/3279202/1/Discussions/Eurofighter-Typhoon-beat-the-F-22-raptor.html&feature=player_embedded

^claims in 2006 they went head to head and typhoon won. the source is in the video, but I havent been able to locate it in black and white.
can anyone else find it?

also, an interesting article
http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123010102

p.s. turn sound down b/c the video has some horrible techno music.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 09:02:24 AM by RedTeck »
Ho's are like Speedos.
Nothing says you can't use it, but no one wants to see it.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
Re: You're Thoughts U.S.A
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2009, 09:52:48 AM »
Didn't watch the video. Dont need to, "gee I was expecting Pro-F22 news coming out of France". :huh No serious analyst would think for a moment the EF would have a chance against an F-22 equipped air force. However that fact means little because America cant produce a "less then 5'th generation fighter" to compete with the F-22 either. That, and the countries producing the EF are among our closest allies.

At the same time when you look at the big picture I'd say the EF is the best less then F-22 fighter bomber on the market. You cant see the big picture at air shows. The "Big Picture" is the fusion of avionics, performance, weapons, computing power, support, that make a high tech fighter worth the $$. The EF has won some high profile foreign orders but unfortunately for the program the cost is high and many countries, at least those that can afford it, will be wanting the Lo/attack mission going to the stealth F-35. Last I heard the Euro consortium was now hoping for an export potential of more then 400. Thats about 1/2 they were expecting when they first rolled the EF off the assembly line.

On the other hand there are renewed whispers of F-22 export. New administration in office, times is getting hard, USAF wants more but cant pay for them due to the limited run, and they want to keep the production line working. The Aussies, Japanese, and Israelis, smell a victory and are likely to keep at it. Its very likely were going to see F-22s exported to a limited customer base.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb_jqsg13wY&eurl=http://www.twittlefrance.com/topic/3279202/1/Discussions/Eurofighter-Typhoon-beat-the-F-22-raptor.html&feature=player_embedded

^claims in 2006 they went head to head and typhoon won. the source is in the video, but I havent been able to locate it in black and white.
can anyone else find it?

also, an interesting article
http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123010102

p.s. turn sound down b/c the video has some horrible techno music.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2009, 10:14:34 AM »
Porche ( Por-sha) beats all ur stupid cars

It's "Porsche".... Porsche's are fun... Too expensive. My Shelby GLHS was a Porsche killer in its day. Its day was 1986.. Only the 911 Turbo Carrera was faster... At many times the price.

I work with a guy who drives a '07 Boxster S. I've driven it a few times. Good handling, decent power, but my S2000 was nipping at its heels.

However, my Jeep is far more useful. I can go damn near anywhere. Roads are optional. Top off, doors off enjoying the weather. It's a Jeep thing and no other vehicle can match that. Current Wranglers are the most capable off road vehicles you can buy off of a showroom.

As I explained to my co-worker, The Jeep has an advantage in parking too... I can park my Jeep ON his Porsche..

My regards,

Widewing
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 10:57:31 AM by Widewing »
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.