Author Topic: How many of you take historical flights?  (Read 1184 times)

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
Re: How many of you take historical flights?
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2009, 05:23:49 AM »
Yep Spikes i do. Take my 190A8 with 100+ Dt and my heavy cannon option ( 2 20mms + 2 30mm ) about 25k and search for bombers. Normally run into a bandit but I'll be at cruising speed so it isn't a bother. Spot a formation, proceed to set up attack runs, once it's down. Climb back to alt, move on to the next area, repeat.

I like to do that, in a 190D or a C.205, from time to time. Basically, as Spikes said, when there are no good fights going on on the map.

Wish more of AH could get into the habit but people love the quake style gameplay with the spit 16s, La7s, etc.

It's not a matter of "quake style gameplay", it's a matter of time. The older you grow, the less time you have to spend in front of a pc playing airplanes..... and when you have few time, you wanna maximize your fun, hence the preference for big furball in nearby fields or for field defences.
Live to fly, fly to live!

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2009, 07:54:01 AM »
Once in a while, I'll go take a fully loaded Jug with 100% and 3 DTs, take off from a base 2 sectors back, land at the same base, and make that flight a historical one. I'll climb to 25K and do a patrol for missions, cons, etc. It adds to the realism if you need to engage, having a full load on your back. I've also done this in the P39 but with a lower alt. This is mainly when I'm bored and there are no real fights going on.

So, anyone ever do this? I know some do it most sorties...but I do admit when I fly I don't do it historically. :)

when i'm bored, i go bomb something.....mostly trying to piss off someone, thus starting a fight.....hopefully a big one.  :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2009, 08:45:46 AM »
when i'm bored, i go bomb something.....mostly trying to piss off someone, thus starting a fight.....hopefully a big one.  :aok

I go by that equation as well.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2009, 09:18:06 AM »
  98Delta has put together some great missions such as MOM where massive bomber formations were attacked by massive opposition with Aircraft coming from every direction and bombers flaming to earth. The bulk of Bombers making it to target. Missions and squad operations are more realistic than upping alone.  :aok

I still can't get myself to fly a Plane with a meatball on it but enjoy destroying them when possible.
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2009, 09:47:04 AM »
Anyone who flies the 109 or 190 makes a historical flight every time they leave the runway.  Why?  Because they fly in the sky with huge numbers of Spitfires, P-51s and Lavochkins. ;)
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Gabriel

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2009, 09:50:08 AM »
Quaking enemy units with Las and Yaks and IL2s at low alt is all   historical :aok

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2009, 10:47:02 AM »
Anyone who flies the 109 or 190 makes a historical flight every time they leave the runway.  Why?  Because they fly in the sky with huge numbers of Spitfires, P-51s and Lavochkins. ;)

Preach!! 100% True LOL.  :lol

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer